Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What the HELL...?!

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

It's official - America is falling apart at the seams!!

https://www.apnews.com/5d95c567185f4592b4a6e59fa9317f7c

Comments

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Imagine if they were as adamant about healthcare.

We feel it here as we're so close. The U.S. is our closest ally and it's become very weird. We have trumpers all over the place in Canada and my province of Ontario just elected a trumper for Premiere. He's making back room deals to sell out whats left of our greenery and fighting green initiatives.

It's simply stunning how short sighted we can be.

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I came across some meme comparing Trump in the situation to a child who makes a demand without giving anything in return, then holds his breath and takes his ball and goes home unless you give him what he wants. It was expressed better than that, I wish I could find it again.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I get the gist...

I am convinced there is something honestly, psychologically seriously wrong with the man..... Really, I believe there is. I cannot think of any other individual who acts like him, other than perhaps certain notorious and infamous despots and heads of regimes from other less affluent countries.

I suppose the fact that he isn't as sadistic and psychotic as some, may be a small mercy.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited January 2019

Yeah...that’s me. I went ahead and filed for unemployment this week, so just waiting for that.....its better than nothing, and we are limited on outside employment we can accept, and my resume says civil servant for 22 yrs...so...finding another gig is not that easy. The anxiety and uncertainty is unbearable some days. When we do return back to back, it’s going to be a nightmare to clean up the aged paperwork...and all the other logistics. I’m lucky that hubby’s income covers mortgage and the big stuff.

So far, I’m in the half that are deemed unesstional, and am staying home...but that might be changing soon. Trump has promised tax returns/refunds on time..but no one is there to process returns...so...our union filed suit last week, which slowed up the call back in non pay status....I could go on and on...it’s a nightmare here right now...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2019

@Vastmind , Do you need any help?

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited January 2019

.. * hugs * .. Thank you so much for asking. No...lucklily, we’re are a 2 income household, so we are just buckling down and making adjustments. And paying the necessities first, and we’ll deal with the rest as they come. My heart is going out to all the single parents and my single girlfriends who this is the only income.

If things get tight, let us know. "We take care of our own", I think Mr. B. Springsteen sang....

VastmindKundo
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited January 2019

@federica said:
    If things get tight, let us know. "We take care of our own", I think Mr. B. Springsteen sang....

As a govt employee in Australia..... Indeed. ❤️❤️❤️

• The system and some hijinks put Trump in power. The people's will was overridden by yhe systemic flaws of the system.

We have two more years of flububbery. Then we have the opportunity to begin repairing the serious damage the flubdubbers have done. It will not be easy. The flubdubbers really know how to make last weeks garbage look like fresh vittles. They have taken New Speak to a whole new level.

This time around, hopefully, our press will not yield to the urge to run with the onging train wreck
    Sanity, third stop to the left. Watch your step, please.

lobster
  • What the HELL...?!

Tee Hee.

You thought the hell realms were a fantasy? Right here baby! @Lionduck is right, a more perverse level of political NewSqeak is arriving for the twitterati, phone zombies and sheeple.

What can we do as such institutional frauds, hypocrites and inflated duck farts impact our lives?

For me it is a question of where to place my attention. o:)

OM MANI PEME HO-HUM

Lionduck