Image & file uploads are now fixed. Thanks for your patience.
Welcome home! Please contact email@example.com
if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations
must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in?
Try clearing your browser's cookies.
Asubha (foulness / unattractiveness of the body) was taught by the Buddha to help his followers see the true nature of the body in order to decrease and eliminate greed and lust.
I’ve found it to be beneficial in my practice.
For anyone interested in practicing this, you may find visual props helpful. May I suggest searching the following on YouTube:
WARNING: Some of these videos are not for the faint hearted!
- “Human Autopsy” uploaded by Bhikkhu Samahita.
- “Asubha meditation on the foulness and impermanence of the human body and it’s 32 parts” uploaded by LK King.
- “VLOG #17: Seeing Disgust in Food” uploaded by Bhikkhu Samahita.
- “How to practice asubha meditation guided asubha meditation by Ajahn Martin (20/05/17)” uploaded by Forest Dhamma Talks.
- “We need to find a weapon to fight the onslaught of raga-tanha Dhamma talk by Ajahn Martin (10/04/19)” uploaded by Forest Dhamma Talks.