Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Awake Awoke

Is there a Bodhi awake in the non conflicted awoke in their awareness and compassion for ignorance?

This awareness seems far closer to reality than the endless platitudes of the dharma snoozing ...

What say you?

ShoshinVastmindperson

Comments

• Wow! She's a Buddhist!

lobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited January 2020

Lyrical, fluid, highly conversant with the issues... I’m a big fan of wokeness, from what I’ve seen of it so far. But I think you find this kind of awareness with certain types of dharma teachers as well, there is an effort afoot to make the dharma more inclusive.

• Exactly. Certain types.

I have been made to feel very unwelcome because I was mistakenly identified as 'A Christian' by an ex-monk who should know better and then gushed over when I identified as a Buddhist. Wear sandals and you are a Christian. Que?

Some of my favourite people I have met and sometimes befriended on retreats are the beginners/opinionated/marginalized.

I would love to see more smart non Buddhists who @Dakini jokingly says:

Wow! She's a Buddhist!

Non-Buddhists, children, the non-dharmified, humanist activists and the trumpists, NRA or similar hell dwellers should be our constant reminders ...

Who ya gonna invite?
    https://cundi.weebly.com/crazies.html

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@lobster you would like my mother, she is a very unique character

• Everyone is unique.
    Secular and socially active Buddhists focus one way, 3rd wheel turners another way ...

Yet just because we oppose one god does not mean we must give up the One God. The Force of hope, solidarity and justice cannot be abandoned, even if we feel as if it has abandoned us. So, in memory of all those who were martyred professing a faith in that religion, I ask you to do something normally unthinkable in a radical publication like Novara Media – and pray.
    Lev Taylor
    https://novaramedia.com/2020/01/27/a-tale-of-two-gods/

When we first start on the muggle Middle Way we may feel we know what dharma is [insert your best understanding]. Eventually we may stray ... or perhaps the way narrows/widens ...

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited January 2020

"You should definitely stay away from Twitter... Unless you're good at Twitter, then we all should definitely stay away from you." ~Kat Rosenfield (or maybe it was her co-host of feminine chaos Pheobe Maltz Bovy

I appreciate the movement away from the tactics of shame and blame, us vs them, antagonistic wokeness towards a softer, more understanding version. I would compare it to a Malcolm X version and an MLK version, or as its also been compared, common enemy vs common humanity versions.

lobster
  • @lobster said:

I would love to see more smart non Buddhists who @Dakini jokingly says:

Wow! She's a Buddhist!

Wait, what? I was serious. She sounds very Dharmic. I'm impressed.

lobster
  • Don't mind me @Dakini ...

She speaks truly ... so I am aware of what you meant <3

I have little patience with superstitious snoozers promoting nonsensical teachings, whether racist, gender privileged, or hierarchy dependent ...

Be a Buddha-mench, ask the hardly faced assumptions ... o:)

We are on the path of awaking and truth. Well eh ... we try ...

Dakini