Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Buddha Yoga Body

2»

Comments

• Did a gentle slightly longer session today.
    Above is my rainbow shawl and prayer mat combination that stops me climbing the wall to get a bit of space ...

Bunks
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It looks like it is hard on the knees

• @Kerome said:
    It looks like it is hard on the knees

Almost.
    However the kneeling softens the hard points ...

A mat does not matter.

• @Kerome any progress?

Here is mine:

• Doing my own routine.
    • Starting to do more martial arts moves.
    • Health benefits are noticeable
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Lots of progress but slightly retrograde recently... I’ve been struggling a little with my sleep the last month or so, and early morning yoga has suffered. But I’m determined to pick up the trail again. Prior to that I was doing a routine with a long section of plank and downward dog, which was getting the blood pumping. Flexibility has improved.

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited April 2021

Guru Body is my Bodhi, it continues to teach me.

• The importance of breath
    • Pain is not good. I feel that is strong asceticism, which the Buddha abandoned. Do not hurt your Guru.
    • Dynamic tension is a discipline.
    • I may not be the best yogi. But yogi I am.
    Jeroen
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2021

Still at it.

Some major improvements. They take time but they are very welcome:

• lobsterlobster Veteran

I found myself not quite ready for nauli but some aspects I am already incorporating. For example it is quite interesting to do some strenuous asana on a long out breath and regain a composed breath.

So latest asana added:

• three legged dog
    • tree
    • dancer
    • victory

etc

Also starting to add balance by incorporating slow multiple martial kicking, strikes and blocks.

Many poses are still taking time to return. Noticeably the plough

• About to do my morning routine. Morning meditation time is creeping up again. Basically you think you have only done 20 minutes … and it is 50 minutes.

Anyway back to yoga …

Have been doing a lot of work from half or full lotus, both poses are more stable.

Anyway rather than describing my routine, gonna do it. o:)

How are other exercisers doing?

• I tried yoga once...

...never again ...

lobsterBunks
  • Becoming well in mind, body and spirit life force is a focus on sukkha, that the Buddha certainly indulged in practiced before developing the Middle Way.

Yesterday I went for a yogic walk. Started off as a monkey. Slouching forward. Relaxation, posture and breathing kicked in. Straightened. This is a yoke, practice, yoga, that will improve the well being and meditation.

It is a bit like shining a sukkha light on dukkha from many directions. Ultimately all directions lead to Rome Home.

Twice I nearly fell, uneven ground and weak ankles. Ah ha! Feedback! Strengthen and balance.

For the first time since I injured my back a couple of weeks ago I went out and spent the day entirely sitting and standing. I walked 14,000 steps as well and was out of the house from morning 9.45 to 20.45. All with minimal discomfort.

Back injury seems to be healed. Wunderbahr.

Shoshin1howBunkslobster
  • Now that I am a Hindu in body if not in mind … Happy Navratri
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navaratri

To celebrate:

• I have a picture of Ganesha on my door
    • Will be doing Mantra to Kali/Tara/Durgha
    • Will be donating puja and blessings to the poor, mostly me.
    • Will be practicing my favourite Ha Tha Yogi poses

Long Live the gods, their consorts and their non-existence

Kotishka

So @lobster, you are taking up Hindu tendencies? Can be very healthy. Ayurveda, all that stuff.

I’m definitely intending to go on a major fitness jag soon. Intend to start next week. Gym membership, 3x visits a week, gradually building endurance and strength, also occasional intermittent fasting. Wish to lose 25 kg of pure fat from the frame while adding some muscle.

BunksWalker
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Good luck @Jeroen

• Ah @Lobster:
    Your mouth may be one of many colors.
    Your teas of many flavors
    But if your heart is warm, of what import are those little things?
    And yoga doesn't care either =):)=)

lobster
  • So @lobster, you are taking up Hindu tendencies?

I am sitting on the carpeted floor (rather than a cushion) In Tantra many of the Hindu deities are used as protectors, wrathful manifestations of Buddhist qualities. Yoga is also used in Buddhism
    https://tricycle.org/magazine/is-yoga-buddhist/

Well I admire your efforts to find a mixture of physio-spiritual practices that work for you. Go the lobster!

• I now find that tai chi/Qi Ong is relaxation in movement. Yoga is movement into moderate pain. With a letting go or relaxation of the distress/pain.
    We can use this relaxation in all forms of physical being …