Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dharma Warriors

ShanJieshi2ShanJieshi2 bahia blanca Veteran

This page then is a page for Buddha Dharma Warriors who are prepared to roar on the Dharma battlefield like lions against stained and shallow Dharma teaching and yet treat those injured with Bodhisattva kindness and compassion.
Our task then is to promote Bodhisattvayana but prevent the Bodhisattva ideas from degenerating to a crass religious compassion and benevolence in which Buddha Dharma (although without the presence of a Godhead or soul) is no
different than eternalist religions ruled by Identity.
The current problem with present teachings is that it is so easy to fall into a dreadful trap. The greedy hands of commerce are strangling the planet and, while all speak of social justice, there is none. It is natural then for those with an open heart to extend a hand to help, not just in the areas of suffering but everywhere where injustice prevails and confusion and hatred open the doors to violence and oppression.
That is the work of Bodhisattvayana, but we must remember that the Dharma must be spread so that the doors to higher understanding can remain open. That was Buddha’s main task. It is the main task of Buddha Dharma. We must indeed help all individuals burdened in this world, but we must remember that there are in the Buddha Dharma pure mind no individuals.
Suffering is like a giant octopus which has covered the world with its black ink so that few can see the truth through the obscurity of Ignorance. Its multifarious tentacles stretch out randomly, and wherever the tip of a tentacle touches all that is potentially human, Duality bears fruit in the dual consciousness of individual existence and consequential suffering.
Let those who can, battle in this world with compassion and benevolence directed at helping individuals within Bodhisattvayana.
It is a noble path fit for the Sons and Daughters of Buddha Dharma. Let those who lead and travel this path be likened to Great Healers.
Let those who will, battle to lead all individuals away from Identity domination and suffering while upon the way of Dharmayana.
That too is a noble path. Let those who teach and travel upon that path be likened to Moses, who led his people from Darkness.

And let those with the capacity to strike directly at that octopus that darkens the world, with only with the shield of a pure mind and the sword of expedient means, destroy all Duality in the minds of men and women. As they enter into mortal combat against Mara, let them advance in the shoes of the Conqueror himself.
These teachers of the Dharma Law of Awakening (with the lion’s roar), though they may in the end lose their life, are, as Buddha declared, “worthy” and true noble sons of the Dharma.
This is then a strong call for all to generate noble and correct Dharma Intentions. This is a strong call for correct Dharma Actions.

Bunks

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I am more of a Dharma Worrier than Warrior I’m afraid.

Good luck on your quest.

Namo Amituofo 🙏🏻❤️

SuraShine
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Good one Bunks :)

• @Bunks said:
    I am more of a Dharma Worrier than Warrior I’m afraid.

Good luck on your quest.

Namo Amituofo 🙏🏻❤️

Don't you mean Drama Worrier ;);)

BunksJeroen
  • As we know all things are clearly black and white …
    Somebody sent me this from the battle grounds …

Sith v Borg … who wins?

JeroenFleaMarket
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@lobster said: …
    ... Somebody sent me this from the battle grounds …

(We used to do this at school....)

BunksShoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I thought the paint pouring technique was rather cool, you get a lot of detail and interesting order-chaos interactions. And the result is lovely, wouldn’t mind giving it a go.

• As we know wars are never black and white. They are shades of dark to rosy pink …

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hundreds-of-ukrainian-nationalists-march-in-in-honor-of-nazi-collaborator/

To understand clearly we have to ignore propaganda, whatever the sauce/source - sweet or sour …

Long live the dharma peace warriors …

Bunks