Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Kurzgesagt - Change your life (One Tiny Step at a Time)

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran
edited June 2022 in Diet & Habits

Love this channel. Their new one echoes the approach I've sort of adopted with varying levels of success. I'd sum it up as being more process oriented and incremental than the big life goal-oriented approach you see lots of places.

BunksShoshin1lobsterJeroen

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

My kids discovered this channel a while ago! My son loves it. He has become an expert on the Immune system haha.

We bought this book last year and read it every night before bed. It's not my cup of tea but he enjoys it.

Shoshin1
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2022

Awesome! Thanks @person, Did you get the journal? <3

Certainly worth subscribing to channel as @Bunks mentions …

Good explanation of principles used in Buddhist teachings and such like systems. For example the toddler mind set is termed 'monkey mind' in Buddhism. Journaling (blogging or status reporting on social media) mentioned at the end (the soft sell certainly tempted me) is a good habit used in:

• diary keeping
    • blogging
    • organiser (remember them)
    • to do lists
    • triage
    • spiritual journal (alchemy), magick etc (we can create our own)

It reinforces the need for practice/discipline AND explains how to get the toddler monkey on board.

Baby steps. I'll join.
    https://cundi.weebly.com/

πŸ¦žπŸ––πŸΌπŸŒˆβ˜―οΈπŸ‘πŸΌ

Bunks
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I always seem to get something good from a Kurzgesagt video, I’m a fan too.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

As I have an ipad and iphone …
    I now have a free Simple Habit Tracker in place of a journal.

This is simple, easy to use and free. Great choice of suggestions … good things to do …
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/simple-habit-tracker/id1132999120

Using it I have today been compassionate towards several slugs, quite kind and … hey it works πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ™‚βœ…

personBunks