Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

It's That Time Of Year Again

Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran
edited December 2023 in General Banter

Season's greetings...
Remember to deck the halls and not your family this year...

VastmindfedericalobsterBunksSuraShineDagobahZen

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited December 2023

Merry, Merry season!

Last night was our annual Christmas light party van with my friend group. We rent a van, bring snacks, have wine and/or hot cocoa, and map out routes for best Christmas light displays around the city posted on fb! New this year, I made judge paddles that were Holi-yay…or Holi-nay. 😂😂😂 We had a blast! ….Tmrw night is the nutcracker! …..Office party is next week….I love this time of year! Not the consumerist part…but everyone makes such an effort to spread cheer and be friendly and gather together for fun times…..And all the lights are beautiful! The show of effort is just so nice to witness. 🎄

Shoshin1lobsterSuraShineDagobahZen
  • I would like to say this is my local pagan temple ... but it is Rudolph in my local Church this morning.

The local hardware rental shop and combined Hindu temple on the other side of the street from the Church has been demolished. Maybe for a new Hindu temple ... Sadly I never visited the Hindu temple which was above the rental shop.

Shoshin1VastmindDagobahZen
  • Felices Fiestas! <3

Shoshin1VastmindSuraShineDagobahZen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

The long range weather forecast here is showing rain and cloud and six to eight degrees Celsius, so it’s unlikely we will get a white Christmas this year. But there’s lots of fun to be had with concerts in the outside spaces, and this week I will be doing the shopping for Christmas goods.

Shoshin1DagobahZen
  • We unexpectedly delivered some home made Christmas cake to a friend working from home. They enjoyed cake with their coffee break …

Then bought some honey to make spicy stem ginger and honey seasonal tea bread. Yum!

Noel, No-hell, No-hell, Noel,

Bless US, Every One!

Shoshin1VastmindSuraShineDagobahZen
  • SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

@Shoshin1 said:

Season's greetings...
    Remember to deck the halls and not your family this year...

Where's the fun in that? :awesome:

Shoshin1DagobahZen
  • SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

@Jeroen said:
    I visited Amsterdam and bought some mince pies at Waterstones. I shared a box of six with my father, and took the other box home to keep for Christmas. I didn’t buy the Christmas Pudding because it’s never that popular in our home…

I miss Amsterdam. I was there in 2019 and absolutely loved it. Stayed on a houseboat across the river from town and would get the jetcat across each day <3

Shoshin1DagobahZen
  • This year money is tight so I've opted not to buy any financial presents. Instead, I'll be giving out "coupons" for my services and various fun events I can organize. I think those are good gifts and think that should I receive the same, I'd probably be quite happy since help and experiences trump stuff, especially stuff which we don't use.

VastmindShoshin1SuraShineDagobahZen