Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

NewBuddhist Member Introductions

Comments

• JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited November 2008
    Welcome back! I left for almost a year and just came back a few months ago. Everyone is pretty much the same as last time, GREAT!!!!!!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited November 2008
    Very glad to see both of you back as you both add value to this discussion.

Palzang
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    edited December 2008
    Never came here to "officially" log in... and now it seems a bit anti-climatic, as much about who I am has already been shared across a half dozen other threads. But here I are!!!

Les
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2008
    You're new?! Gosh, seems like you've been here forever! :scratch:
    (see related thread at "Is my mind going...")

Palzang
    edited December 2008
    Where am I going?... and why am I in this handbasket??!!! :)
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2008
    I've got that magnet on my refrigerator. I also have a tshirt that my partner forbids for me to wear in public that says "It's your hell. You burn in it".
  • edited December 2008
    My favourite is "I'm Bipolar .... what's your excuse?"
    edited December 2008
    Bipolar?... Is that like Bicycle, only with more bumps??!!! :)
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2008
    "No one knows I'm on Prozac" is good too!
  • edited December 2008
    Another good one is "If you don't like my mood .... come back in 5 minutes"
  • edited December 2008
    It was probably 6 or so years ago that a friend of mine stared asking me if I had ever heard of Zen. I said that I knew the term, but that was about it. He began to tell me many of the things he had been learning from a new coworker who was a practicing Soto Zen Buddhist. I was immediately fascinated and was directed to a few books, including "The Idiots Guide to Zen Living". It was a great basic intro to Zen concepts, imho, for someone who is completely new to it and is unfamiliar with Buddhism in general.

I found myself becoming very interested in Buddhism, and I continued reading various books I would come across and continued this for about 5 years. I never really got serious about anything and didn't apply anything to my life really, though I wanted to.

About one year ago I found myself really dissatisfied with the religion of my youth. I was born and raised LDS (Mormon) my entire life. Most of the core doctrine of the religion just never really sat well with me and I had a hard time really believing it, though I just went through the motions anyways, because what did I know, I was just a kid right? Well I was finally fed up with it decided to really start to dig deep into it's history and the foundation of it's doctrine. Long story short, I quickly knew that there was no way I could continue living my life in the LDS church. The problem was, my wife was a very devout member.

I decided to start back up my reading into Zen and Buddhism, and I was now looking at things from a different perspective. I was no longer looking at it through Mormon glasses. Suddenly the message seemed very different, and very clear. The confusing and unorthodox views I had growing up were all falling right in line with Buddhism. It was amazing. I would continue to read and study and it never failed that I would have multiple a-ha moments where I felt that I was finally finding answers as well as something that just made sense. More sense than the religion of my childhood ever had.

Okay, so here I am, finding that I feel more like a Buddhist than a Mormon. I started to share more and more some of the things I was learning and she enjoyed much of it and thought that I should find a way to incorporate it into my Mormon lifestyle. I decided to do this for her, as to not rock the boat, but I had a hard time. Not because it's not possible to find a way for the two to live in harmony, but because I didn't want anything to do with Mormonism, nor Christianity really at this point.

Fast forward again...

After more and more conversation, some heated, some not. I told my wife that I had doubts about the truthfulness and validity of the LDS religion. This alarmed her, and we struggled for a while, till she finally decided to do her research on her own. She ended up coming to the same conclusion as me and we both decided to leave the religion we had been raised in. She still considers herself very much a Christian in a more traditional sense.

At this point, I decided to really get serious about studying Buddhism. I started finding everything I could, and started reading books from Thich Nhat Hanh, Pema Chodron, Alan Watts, Dalai Lama, Lama Surya Das, etc, etc. I decided that I wanted to start a meditation practice as well and have been doing horribly at it. I bought myself a zafu/zabuton and figured, okay, now I'm ready to start. Well, I've found every excuse in the book to not get on the cushion. I even signed up for a 6 week online course from the Insight Meditation Center in CA. Obviously they're teaching the Vipassana style, and that's about all I have real experience with so far, though I have been doing terrible about keeping a schedule and sticking to it.

I live in a smallish town (small to me, coming from Seattle) and there are virtually no local resources. I did finally find however a small group of practitioners that meet about 20-30 minutes from me in a neighboring town. I've been meeting with them since August, and had the pleasure of taking my refuge and Bodhisattva vows this last October when our teacher Lopon Barbara was in town. We are part of a larger sangha, which is associated with the Garchen Buddhist Institute in Chino Valley, AZ. Our spiritual guide is a master Dharma teacher in the Drikung Kagyu lineage, and her lama is Garchen Rinpoche, founder of the Garchen Institute.

I've taken an active role in the sangha as the main communicator as our teacher lives in another state, so most communcation is via email or skype, with visits once or twice a year. I'm also in the process of setting up the virtual Dharma Center website for our sangha, whose official name is "The Garchen Assembly of Kindness and Love". Although I still am drawn to the Soto Zen school, my sangha is Tibetan, so I'm going with the flow and learning more and more about the way they do things.

I suppose that's it for now...
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2008
    Interesting history. I would recommend that you not put too much pressure on yourself about how "well" you're meditating though. That's not really what it's about. It's difficult to get a regular meditation practice (or any kind of practice). I know it took me a long time, years, to really get serious about Buddhism. What we forget, I think, is that this is a new religion (or whatever you choose to call it) for us, and it takes a while to get our minds around it. So, like my teacher says, give yourself a break. It'll come.

I'm very familiar with the Garchen Institute. I just recently moved back to Maryland from Sedona, Arizona, which is very close to Chino Valley. We had a center in Sedona which recently closed due to financial constraints, but we still have a beautiful Amitabha Stupa there. I've visited the Garchen Institute several times. Very nice place.

It's interesting that our main temple is here in Maryland, not far from another temple in the Garchen family in Frederick, just up the road. What's even more interesting is that our original mother monastery, Palyul, in Tibet, which is Nyingma, was originally a Drikung Kagyu monastery. So we're very, very closely intermingled with Drikung. There's not really a whole lot of difference between the two.

And like you, I started out in Zen but later switched to Tibetan Buddhism. I still like Zen, but I also really like the richness of Tibetan Buddhism (which I should actually call Vajrayana Buddhism because it isn't just Tibetan - just ask a Mongolian!).

Anyway, good to have you here. Pull up a chair and stick around for a spell!

Palzang
  • edited December 2008
    Palzang wrote: »
    I'm very familiar with the Garchen Institute. I just recently moved back to Maryland from Sedona, Arizona, which is very close to Chino Valley. We had a center in Sedona which recently closed due to financial constraints, but we still have a beautiful Amitabha Stupa there. I've visited the Garchen Institute several times. Very nice place.

It's interesting that our main temple is here in Maryland, not far from another temple in the Garchen family in Frederick, just up the road. What's even more interesting is that our original mother monastery, Palyul, in Tibet, which is Nyingma, was originally a Drikung Kagyu monastery. So we're very, very closely intermingled with Drikung. There's not really a whole lot of difference between the two.

And like you, I started out in Zen but later switched to Tibetan Buddhism. I still like Zen, but I also really like the richness of Tibetan Buddhism (which I should actually call Vajrayana Buddhism because it isn't just Tibetan - just ask a Mongolian!).

Anyway, good to have you here. Pull up a chair and stick around for a spell!

Palzang

Have you met Lopon Barbara Du Bois? She is my teacher and I know she interacts with the group in Sedona, though I don't know if she is formally their teacher/guide.

We have also had Lama Inge who is of the Nyingma lineage stop by here in town as well. For a small remote town in Utah we've got more going on than I thought. The lady that hooked me up with the sangha here has a dharma center that is associated with the Drepung Loseling Monestary and was given the name Thupten Choling by her teacher,Geshe Thupten Dorjee.
    edited December 2008
    Welcome ScottyDo,

Being new here myself, I can attest to the fact that everyone is very friendly here. I have no sangha within a thousand miles of where I live, so for me, this is it! And so far, I'm very pleased. I'm sure you'll like it, and you are a welcome addition.

Namaste'
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2008
    But isn't Atlantis right off Bermuda, Les? Maybe they have a sangha...

Palzang
    edited December 2008
    That's correct... but somehow I missed the signpost!! :)
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited December 2008
    That is an incredible story, ScottyDoo. The only thing I would caution you about is not to jump into Buddhism too fast. Quite often, when someone becomes disillusioned with one religion, they immediately jump to another to fill the empty space in their life, and when that happens, they can fall into the same trap. I am in a discussion on another forum with someone who found Buddhism, thought it was the bee's knees and jumped right in to his study and practice, only to find it to be as much of an assault to reason as every other religious belief he found objectionable. Part of this is due to misconceptions that he has about Buddhism, but some of it is certainly reasonable. In other words, don't swallow everything hook, line and sinker just yet.
  • edited December 2008
    Welcome ScottyDoo good to have you aboard.

Yes, Jason - completely agree - there is no one right solution but I am sure Scotty knows / is aware of that. Have seen the same thing with people jumping head first into paganism as being a complete opposite of phallocratic mainstream religions only to find that there are things with which they disagree just as they did with their old religion.

Tiptoe through the tulips being my motto
  • edited December 2008
    Elohim wrote: »
    That is an incredible story, ScottyDoo. The only thing I would caution you about is not to jump into Buddhism too fast. Quite often, when someone becomes disillusioned with one religion, they immediately jump to another to fill the empty space in their life, and when that happens, they can fall into the same trap. I am in a discussion on another forum with someone who found Buddhism, thought it was the bee's knees and jumped right in to his study and practice, only to find it to be as much of an assault to reason as every other religious belief he found objectionable. Part of this is due to misconceptions that he has about Buddhism, but some of it is certainly reasonable. In other words, don't swallow everything hook, line and sinker just yet.

I appreciate the words of wisdom...

I at times have an impulsive personality, so your caution is definitely valid for me. I don't personally feel like I've jumped into it too fast...but what do I know, haha. I prefer to learn from my own experience, rather than solely the words of others.

That said however, I, again, appreciate your caution. I worried at first that maybe I was filling the void so to speak, but the void has been there for about 20 of my 29 years on this earth, so I didn't really jump in all that quickly. Looking back on my life I have always had a draw to Buddhism in many small ways, and the curiosity got stronger and stronger over time until I felt ready to really look at it as being a part of my life.

It was probably good that I live where I do because I don't have access to much in relation to Buddhism, the closest zendo and temples are 6 hours away (actually might be something in Vegas). That helped me to take it slow and not dive in right away.

It's good to meet you all!

PS: Thanks for the link...some interesting reading.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited December 2008
    How good to meet you, Scotty. I have a fondness for the LDS and read the Book of Mormon and The Pearl of Great Price with attentive care. Whilst I could not assent to the doctrines or the authority structure, the individuals whom I met all struck me as genuinely good, generous and kind.

I admit, too, that I did take some impish pleasure in insisting, when visited by missionaries, that I lead prayers in my own house.
  • edited December 2008
    Oh dear Simon - we are too alike. My cousin, who is seriously deranged, even by my family's standards was persuaded to join the LDS - and when they came around to bully her into coming to meetings, she asked me to be there. I was very naughty and quoted scripture at them endlessly.

When I told them I was not an Elder but a Reverend Mother, they ran .. shame, they seemed such nice boys for Elders (if a bit young)
  • edited December 2008
    Welcome Scotty!
    edited December 2008
    Knitwitch wrote: »
    Oh dear Simon - we are too alike. My cousin, who is seriously deranged, even by my family's standards was persuaded to join the LDS - and when they came around to bully her into coming to meetings, she asked me to be there. I was very naughty and quoted scripture at them endlessly.

When I told them I was not an Elder but a Reverend Mother, they ran .. shame, they seemed such nice boys for Elders (if a bit young)

Indeedy! I had quite a béguin for a rather stunning blond Californian but he had those just-too-perfect teeth.
    edited December 2008
    Indeedy! I had quite a béguin for a rather stunning blond Californian but he had those just-too-perfect teeth.

Oh... and we just couldn't live with THAT!!!! Hahahahahaha!!! :lol:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2008

Simon, you DOM!

Palzang
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2008
    Howdy Scott,
    Welcome to our little corner of the web. This is a great place to chat about anything Buddhist and life in general. I hope we help you feel at home here.

I was a practicing "born again" Christian for 10 years and then left. I did not believe anything for a while. When I first started out on the path, I went whole hog and obtained a teacher, participated in a sangha, and had a regular meditation practice. I also read tons of books on the subject. I found myself in overload really fast as I bit off more than I could chew. It's good to be excited about something, be reasonable also. Buddhism and LDS/Christianity is a big change. One thing I do is ask a lot of questions now instead of jumping in with both feet. I was the child that always said "Why?" growing up. Bible beaters got me to stop that and when a Buddhist teacher wanted me to stop, I decided that I needed to take a break and reevaluate things. A year later and I am just starting to get my feet wet again. You can be blindsighted by too much teaching/information and not knowing what to do with it.

Meditation is really no big deal. Can you sit and watch your breath going in and out for 20 minutes a day? If not that, 10 minutes a day? I'm sure you have run into meditation instructions in all those books. It's nothing freaky or scary. Once you get into the groove of it, it's quite peaceful. The big deal is doing it and doing so consistently. The person who taught me suggested 20 minutes 5x/week. That worked well for me and I am trying it this way again.

Just pace yourself and if you feel overloaded, stop for a bit. No one on this board will fault you for it. Again, welcome to our little group and feel free to post as you feel need to.

Jerbear
  • edited December 2008
    Jerbear wrote: »
    You can be blindsighted by too much teaching/information and not knowing what to do with it.

...Just pace yourself and if you feel overloaded, stop for a bit. No one on this board will fault you for it. Again, welcome to our little group and feel free to post as you feel need to.

Jerbear

I appreciate all the wonderful advice. It's nice to find people who have been down a similar path before me. I do find myself becoming obsessive about various things, and this may very well be one of them. It's always been a blessing and a curse I guess throughout my life.

The actual meditation itself is not the problem, nor is the instruction, it's the actually sitting on the cushion and doing it regularly. Once I finally sit I'm fine with 20-30 sessions...it's the getting on the cushion part.

It's not just a problem with this. It's a reocurring problem throughout my life that I've been dealing with and have actually been talking with a therapist about. It seems as though I may be dealing with A.D.D. All signs point to yes, so who knows. Maybe meds would help me focus, maybe not. We'll see.

EDIT: That first line is excellent. I think that is something I deal with a bit, the gathering of teachings and information is plenty, but what to do with it at times is a bit more tricky. My relationship with my teacher is a fresh one so I haven't gotten deep into any conversations on my practice or anything yet. She's a retired psychologist, so it will be interesting to see how that plays into her teaching. Isn't it funny how so many psychologists becoming buddhists or their practices are atleast heavily influenced by eastern thinking?
  • edited December 2008
    Forgive me for getting a bit personal Scotty ... but we do here ... very.

I suffer from anxiety disorders amongst other things and one of the best bits of advice my psychiatrist has given me is ... get a bit selfish. That may seem slightly contrary to the dharma but people with "problems" tend to not think that what THEY want or need is important and so stuff like practice gets shoved to one side. I know it has with me and with others on this site. One takes one's eye off the ball and before you know where you are .... practice has got sidelined.

But remember that unless you have worked on yourself, you can't send out to others and that works for all belief systems. Look on it as meditating to get yourself in shape to help the rest of the world, like an athlete training up.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2008
    Hello Scotty,
    Please allow me to add my words of welcome to those already given.
    You've also received some wonderful advice form the Forum Elders, as it were, so I'm adding nothing, save to tell you that wherever else I may go to chat, seek, question and investigate, my 'travels' always bring me back to home. Here.
    I personally liken this forum to the "comfy slippers, armchair and cup-of-cocoa" place to be. Whatever else goes on in my days, I know I just need to push on the front door (which is never locked), and the guys here will barely glance up from what they're doing, but still greet me with loving warmth and affection, and as if I've never been away....
    The affection is overwhelming, and the genuine warmth all-envelopping.
    In fact, we have mentally created a virtual cosy commune, where everyone has a place, and there's a place for everyone.

Your room's all prepared for you, on the next floor.
    Go dump your stuff then come back down for a hot cup of your favourite, and a hunk of Knitwitch's Chocolate brownies. Or whatever takes your fancy!
  • edited December 2008
    Knitwitch wrote: »
    Forgive me for getting a bit personal Scotty ... but we do here ... very.

I suffer from anxiety disorders amongst other things and one of the best bits of advice my psychiatrist has given me is ... get a bit selfish. That may seem slightly contrary to the dharma but people with "problems" tend to not think that what THEY want or need is important and so stuff like practice gets shoved to one side. I know it has with me and with others on this site. One takes one's eye off the ball and before you know where you are .... practice has got sidelined.

But remember that unless you have worked on yourself, you can't send out to others and that works for all belief systems. Look on it as meditating to get yourself in shape to help the rest of the world, like an athlete training up.

Again...excellent advice.

On a personal note, my wife is Bipolar II, so I can imagine some of the ups and downs you deal with.
  • edited December 2008
    Oh sheesh Scotty - you have my sympathy - I often feel that the families of Bippies suffer far more than we do ... when we are up we are superhuman and not aware of the dangers we are putting ourselves in and when we are down we are locked away in our own dark world ... it is the ones who care who go through it for us.

Bright blessings.
    edited December 2008
    Federica is so right about the comfy feeling... all day yesterday, I was busy cooking and spending time with family, but my mind kept straying back here and wondering how you all were doing. Already this has become a cherished place, and I'm a brand spanking newbie!!!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2008
    Getting on the cushion? Physical or mental problem? Since I have both, there are ways around it.

Physical, find what works for you. Since I have some serious back problems, I needed to get a chair with a lot of supportl If you are hurting the whole session, it can be difficult to sit and pay attention for 30 minutes. You can do so using a kitchen chair to zafus/zabutons to meditation chairs. I pick based on how I feel that day.

Mentally, there is so many fun things I need to do. Chat on NB.com, play video games, catch up on Tivo, talk with the partner etc. I do enjoy meditating, but sometimes I can be very distracted. It is also one of the Five Hindrances to meditation (Aversion) or two (Restlessness) or three of them (Sloth). I've found that meditating is like part of my job that patients hate me to do. Starting IV's. I decide I'm going to do it, and then there is nothing stopping me. I am pretty good at it. But if I dilly dally and goof off, I make it harder to do something. Find out what is trying to stop you from meditating and you can find ways to circumvent it. We've all run into them and do them, so you're not alone.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2008
    Actually, Jer, what you've described is the meditative experience. The idea is to work with your mind, to see how it works and what kinds of distractions it dreams up to keep us amused and diverted from seeing reality as it is. So if you're aware of those things, that's most excellent!

Meditation is mind training, so if we already knew how to do it properly with total one-pointed concentration, then there wouldn't be much point in doing it. There's really no such thing as a "good" meditation or a "bad" meditation; there's just meditation. Don't put any subjective qualifiers on it. Just experience it.

Palzang
    edited December 2008
    Palzang wrote: »
    Actually, Jer, what you've described is the meditative experience. The idea is to work with your mind, to see how it works and what kinds of distractions it dreams up to keep us amused and diverted from seeing reality as it is. So if you're aware of those things, that's most excellent!

Meditation is mind training, so if we already knew how to do it properly with total one-pointed concentration, then there wouldn't be much point in doing it. There's really no such thing as a "good" meditation or a "bad" meditation; there's just meditation. Don't put any subjective qualifiers on it. Just experience it.

Palzang

*Gassho*
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited December 2008
    gesundheit!
  • edited January 2009
    Screen Name: Timhisattva
    Zodiac sign: Sagi-Cap
    Sex: Male
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Green
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 140 lbs.
    Religous Identification: Buddhist
    Tradition/School: Mahayana, Theraveda, Zen, Vipassana - study all, choose to be open to all
    Favorite food: Indian curry...
    Favorite Book: Dhammapada

Hello to all good people at NewBuddhist! Thanks for the opportunity to participate in discussions here on the forum.

I'm a dad to 4 great kids... well, they are all now grown up, with their own families and relationships. I'm divorced for many many years but have recently found love with a wonderful woman.

I became interested in the Buddhist path back in 1991 during an extended stay in Japan. Wonderful people. Lovely country.
    Still studying and learning as each day is another lesson. Walking the Path.
    Ahhh... Such Peace!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2009
    Hello, Tim, and welcome to our little corner of samsara.

Manny - I like that!

Japan is also where I got interested in Buddhism (many moons ago). Loved it there!

Settle in, kick off your geta, and have a cup of green tea...

Palzang
  • edited January 2009
    Hi Tim and welcome - here I come with the Japanese tea set. Grab a cup and make yourself at home.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2009
    Wait...didn't someone say brownies...? Chewy, chocolaty, brownies?? My FAVOURITE!!! *drool*
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2009
    Hi, Scotty and Tim.

Great to meet you! Welcome to the board and I hope you both find it as wonderful a place as I have. I love these people. They're the best in the world. :D

Are there any more brownies...?
  • edited January 2009
    Big plateful of brownies made with organic wholemeal flour .... on the sideboard over there
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited January 2009
    WOO HOO!!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited January 2009
    Tim,
    Welcome aboard. Another Michiganer, eh? I live in Oakland County and have done so for 7 years. Suburban Detroit is much better than Detroit proper, like that was a big shock,eh?

I don't attend a sangha right now but you could ask the Moderator, Brian for his 2 cents worth. He's a source of information of things Buddhist. Take your time and get to know us around here. No one bites that I'm aware of, just a kind hearts and a willingness to help each other down the path. Again, your welcome if you want to be.

Boo & KW,
    Though the healthy brownies sound okay, my partner made some rice cereal treats with peanut butter (crunchy) and slivered almonds that hit the spot. He keeps wondering why I stop at one. I want to tell him that he is tempting me to eat unskillfully, but I really think one is enough. Starting to listen to my gut in order to help shrink it some.
  • edited January 2009
    Oh don't Jer - I just came across a recipe for peanut butter cookies and I am having to be incredibly strong with myself .... can't stop baking them.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited January 2009
    Welcome Les and Tim (I'm originally from Michigan too)!
  • edited January 2009
    Screen Name: cubbiesgirl24
    Zodiac sign: Capricorn
    Sex: female
    Hair: blonde
    Eyes: Green
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 115 lbs.
    Favorite food: Thai
    Favorite Book: the way of the peacful warrior
    Favorite Band: Dave Matthews, The Glitch Mob

Well let's see..my name is Lilly and I currently live in Chicago. I was born and raised here. Although I do love it I have been dabbling with the idea of moving to California and it seems closer to a reality now. I have been sticking around for my grandmother, who is my last living blood relative, but sadly as I type she is on her death bed. I think some change will do me well.

I have been interested in buddhism for a long time as I love qoutes and buddhist qoutes seem to be the onews I truly can connect. I know that my life is not as I want it to be and I am not the person I always thought I was. Almost all the teachings I have read on Buddhism seem to be the right path for me. Mostly I am tired. I am tired of being angry and hateful. I have been for way too long.

I am still learning so any suggestions or insight would be of great help to me...and it is wonderful to have fouind a site in which I feel I can relate with.
    edited January 2009
    Welcome Tim and Lilly! Hope you like it here... all good folks.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2009
    Welcome, Lily. I grew up in Rockford, lived in Chicago for about 7 years, and also came to the point where I had had enough of Illinois.

Palzang
    edited January 2009
    New year, new friends. What fun.

Welcome, welcome all.