Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

NewBuddhist Member Introductions

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Palzang wrote: »
    But...there is nothing beyond 42!

Palzang
    Greetings!

Great, already started a philosophical rift. And I was going to go for the safe debate of 'what color is infinity?" :)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Clear light, of course. Don't you have any hard questions?! :D

Palzang
  • edited October 2009
    Aww. is this how koans are contemplated these days? you kids.. back in the day, which is difficult to recall, Sensei would beat us for sharing notes.

"And he searched Google for the answer, and was enlightened by results 1 - 20 of about 7,740,000 "
  • edited October 2009
    Hello everyone :D
    I'm Susie, and im from England hello.gif
    I am completely and totally obsessed with hamsters!! heart.gif
    I am friendly, and im here for friendship and conversation icon_e_smile.gif
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Hi, Susie!

It's lovely to meet you and your wee fur babies.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Kate. I'm just starting to begin a Buddhist practice. I have been moving in this direction for a long time. My focus right now is on the Tibetan practice of lojong or mind training. I learned about it 7 years ago when I bought an audiobook called Awakening Compassion: Meditation Practice For Difficult Times by Pema Chodron. I am trying to follow Pema Chodron's lead and have collected some of her talks on CDs and a couple of her books. I have also been reading Lojong books by Chogyam Trungpa, Jamgon Kongtrul and B. Alan Wallace. Anyway I'm hoping to find some fellow lojong practitioners here. I am also hoping to just learn more generally about Buddhism and Buddhist practices. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you.

May you all be well,

Kate
  • edited October 2009
    To all of our new members...welcome! :)

~nomad
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Welcome, Kate.
    Lovely to meet you!
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited October 2009
    Welcome to all of our new members. :)
  • edited October 2009
    Hi all,

I'm another new member. I studied under an instructor decades ago but drifted away. Now I find myself suddenly drawn back to meditation. And so it goes.

Married with grown children (well, pretty much). Easy, overpaid job.

Not much of an internet/forum kind of guy so I don't know if deep down inside I have much to add.
  • edited October 2009
    Hello and welcome to the new members!

Dazzle _/\_
  • edited October 2009
    Hello,
    I'm Natty and i live in South East England.
    Looking forward to spending more time with you all :)
    With Metta
    Natty
  • edited October 2009
    Hello and welcome. Natty !

I too live in the south of England.

Kind regards,

Dazzle
  • edited October 2009
    Hello Dazzle and Thanks :)
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Natty :D

*blows a raspberry at you* :p
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Hi, Natty.

Welcome to the forum. It's lovely to meet you.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Hello Pretzelegs, Natty, Tokyo Rose,Still Clinging! We are so glad to have you here. Put up your feet and stay awhile.
  • edited October 2009
    :D Thanks Jerry
  • edited October 2009
    Thank you all for your warm welcomes
    *Hmmm considers giving Tokyo_Rose a wedgie but blows raspberry back instead* hehe
  • edited October 2009
    :eek:
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Msmedusa here

Not new..I did join a few months ago but could hardly be remembered for the quantity ( or for that matter quality :lol:) of my posts. Had a hectic, turbulent summer.. but hopefully Autumn will bring me more opportunity to settle back into the calm of forum life.

Anything happened while I was away?? :D
  • BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Hi everyone! I'm James the Giant.
    I'm an e-sangha refugee. I found this site while trying to find out what had happened to e-sangha, but now I've found this one, and DhammaWheel, so I don't really need to go back when they finally fix it. This forum and DhammaWheel are nice and small and not such a zoo.

I look forward to learning and reading here. :D
  • edited October 2009
    Hello, and welcome msmedusa and James !

• edited October 2009
    Hello to all,

Thought I would introduce myself on the site.

My name is Steve, I'm 27 and live in Scotland. I recently found refuge in the Dharma and already it has had a great and positive impact on my life.

I have been looking at the posts on here and find it under first impressions a warm and welcoming place to talk and that everyone seems very down to earth.

I was / am a member of esangha but have found you getting many convoluted and long winded answers from some which are hard to grasp. I'm fairly new to Buddhism and although I am starting to understand many concepts I still find the need for straight and uncomplicated help with many aspects.

I hope to make new friends on this forum and further my knowledge of the Dharma.

Hope everyone is well!

with metta, Steve
  • edited October 2009
    Hello and welcome, Steve . I'm from the UK too!

• edited October 2009
    Dazzle wrote: »
    Hello and welcome, Steve . I'm from the UK too!

Hi Dazzle, Thats excellent another person from the UK! Most people I meet from the UK online tend to be from somewhere down south in England, excuse the assumption if I am wrong.

I hope we can have good, fun and constructive discussions on this forum and look forward to your future posts.

Steve
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Steve,

I'm from the north originally but I'm in the south now!

Look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Dazzle
  • edited October 2009
    Hi my name is Casey. I'll be going by A Medic on here. I'm 25 years old, ans live in Florida. I'm a simple guy, no wife, no kids. I am a medic in the Army Reserves, and a LPN. Currently I am going to school working on my RN. I like to read. That's about it for me.

Metta

:D
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Casey, and welcome !

:)
  • edited October 2009
    Hey y'all, my name's Eric, I'm 19, and I'm bound for the U.S. Army Infantry in a few weeks, so I aint going to be hanging out long. I really don't know anything about Buddhism, which is what brings me here. I'm unemployed (hence the army), thank you economy, and spend most of my time reading and, oddly, baking.
  • edited October 2009
    Hello Eric and welcome to the group !

• edited October 2009
    Hey there, Dazzle, and thanks for the welcome.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Hi to all the newcomers!!
  • edited October 2009
    Hi to you, Brigid.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi! Another newbie here. I go by my middle name, "Lee," but I had to have at least 4 characters in my username, so... =P

I've read a little about Buddhism here and there for the last four years or so, but this past summer I decided to get serious about it and start some real studying and practicing. I'm still very new and full of questions, and I'm hoping to meet people who have some insight to share.

Thanks for having me. I look forward to chatting with everyone.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Welcome, Lee. Lovely to meet you!
  • edited October 2009
    Thank you all for the welcome. Thanks Jerbear. Welcome to all other newbies as well!
  • edited October 2009
    Greetings and Hello!
    How is NewBuddhist land today? Hope all is well and sunny here :D

This bloke known as 'thornbush' just bumped into here, read a few stuff and found this place kinda homey and like 'Wisteria Lane' with the bake sale and neighborly thingy (minus the diva stuff :p ) and decided to give this place a try.

About me? I will let ya all find out as time rolls by....just a skinbag of skeleton if u need to know :lol: nothing special :cool:

Here...have some :)481366720_14d73decce.jpg
  • edited October 2009
    thornbush wrote: »
    Greetings and Hello!

Er, No chocolate cookies? :wtf: *eyes you suspiciously*
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Hiya, Kaya and Thornbush. Welcome to the forum! It's lovely to meet you.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Tokyo_Rose wrote: »
    Er, No chocolate cookies? :wtf: *eyes you suspiciously*
    Lol!!
  • edited October 2009
    I want a chocolate cookie :bawling:
  • edited October 2009
    Thanks for the welcome Brigid & Tokyo Rose and apparently I have a cookie monster on my trail now....:lol:
  • DhammaDhatuDhammaDhatu Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Nice to see you Thornbush.

• edited October 2009
    Nice to see u here too Dhamma Dhatu :uphand:
  • edited October 2009
    Hello again and welcome, Thornbush !

_/\_
  • edited October 2009
    Cheers Dazzle :)
  • edited October 2009
    yo Ivan and nathan (rapping terminology)

You've found a good place here. I'm pretty new to it all and have found it a thoroughly fulfilling experience. I think the most reaasuring aspect of this Buddhist stuff is that its not black and white, and not judgemental. You can dip in a little or submerge yourself in it. It's a one size fits all. I hope its as useful to you both as it has been to me so far...:smilec:
  • edited October 2009
    :banghead:clever so and so. only replied to new members from the first page of this thread. They priobably joined months nefore i did. Strange, almost like some kind of time travel welcoming new members who predate me by light years.Let this be of note any new members. Stupidity will not be ridiculed on this site (I hope...)
  • edited October 2009
    thornbush wrote: »
    Greetings and Hello!
    How is NewBuddhist land today? Hope all is well and sunny here :D

This bloke known as 'thornbush' just bumped into here, read a few stuff and found this place kinda homey and like 'Wisteria Lane' with the bake sale and neighborly thingy (minus the diva stuff :p ) and decided to give this place a try.

About me? I will let ya all find out as time rolls by....just a skinbag of skeleton if u need to know :lol: nothing special :cool:

Welcome Thornbush...is there an icon for laying out a welcome mat? I'll have a look...nope. Malaysia huh- my Dad's married to a Chinese Malasian and travels there often to Sarawak!