Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What are you Listening to right now!!!

Comments

• Speaking of Amanda Palmer, here's a fave of mine from her solo career... love this video....

riverflow
  • riverflowriverflow Veteran
    edited May 2013
    Fotheringay (1970-71) was a one-(studio) album group that Sandy Denny was in after leaving Fairport Convention. This one album is out of print, hard to find. A friend directed me to a website where I was able to download it high quality.

I've only heard a few tracks here and there. When I was a teenager I loved this late 60s early 70s folk rock stuff and a local college station had a Saturday morning program that played a lot of not-quite-as-well-known rock and roll from this period. I've been listening to it off and on since I've downloaded it and it is such a brilliant album-- every single track.

(HINT: If you like Nick Drake, you'll probably dig this)

THE SEA [LINK]

PEACE IN THE END [LINK]

THE WAY I FEEL (John Prine cover) [LINK]

A live performance of TOO MUCH OF NOTHING [LINK]

• Amanda Palmer

She's amazing... "Leeds United" is one of my favourite songs of hers.
    SillyPutty
  • SillyPuttySillyPutty Veteran
    edited May 2013
    @riverflow - I think you've stated before that you like Neil Young, right?... this is not only my favorite NY song, but the best version of the song. When I watch him sing this, I just want to grab him and kiss him. :lol: Not in a pervy way, but just in a "you've totally just stolen my heart" sorta way. :D

riverflowSabre
    edited May 2013
    riverflow said:

Amanda Palmer

She's amazing... "Leeds United" is one of my favourite songs of hers.
    I have been in love with her (more specifically, at first, with The Dresden Dolls) since the early 2000's. I even had a bumper sticker that said something about Punk Cabaret... didn't actually stick it on my car, but I had it taped to the rear window... :lol: (Not a fan of bumper stickers. :D )
    riverflow
  • Ive had a crush on belinda since I was a kid. Oh how I miss you, sweet 1980's
    SillyPutty
  • kashi said:

Ive had a crush on belinda since I was a kid. Oh how I miss you, sweet 1980's

I was actually going to post "Mad About You" yesterday but I got side-tracked with other bad 80's videos. So I'll post it now! Let your ears-- as well as eyeballs-- enjoy, kashi! :D

kashi
  • So bad that they are good
    :rockon:
  • Back when music videos were still artistic and mtv wasn't a big pile of shi*
    riverflowSillyPuttyZayl
  • DaftChris
  • Jimi Hndrix: Bold As Love

[LINK]

Total EXSTASIS at 2:55 (I want that solo to go on forever!)
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited May 2013
    Heard this version of One with U2
    and Mary J? :rockon:

SillyPutty
    edited May 2013
    One of the most epic music videos ever :lol: -

Sabre
  • Omg... it's been a hot minute since I've listened to this one:

• Man... the iTunes shuffle feature is coming up with great oldies. Totally forgot about this one. I used to hate this song at first... but it grew on me over time. Beautiful song.

• Lazy_eyeLazy_eye Veteran
    Parked in front of the mall, waiting for it to open (last minute Mother's Day gift needed).

Listening to a string quartet by Shostakovich.
    SillyPutty
  • Lazy_eye
    edited May 2013
  • riverflow
  • I think this may be one of my favorite 80's songs ever:

• Woh @SillyPutty your going nuts here. P.S violent femmes are awesome. never met anybody who knew about them. Kudos
    edited May 2013
    kashi said:

Woh @SillyPutty your going nuts here. P.S violent femmes are awesome. never met anybody who knew about them. Kudos

I'm trying to get all the posts I can get in before I go on my internet hiatus. :lol: (I have a bit of OCD. :D Plus I'm trying to get all the songs I like onto my YouTube channel so I can have a playlist... just thought I'd also post some of the older and/or more unusual ones here as well for others to listen to. That's how I end up finding new music I like-- other peoples' posts/recommendations. I know it's annoying when I post every 3 minutes, but I'm not trying to be annoying and hog the thread-- honest. :D )

• LOL! MY SO-CALLED LIFE! I remember that show... well, not so much the show, but I remember my intense dislike of that show. :lol:
    edited May 2013
    Okay, last song for a bit. I need to go exercise. Gotta love Taylor Dayne.

The outfits and choreography are just... so... 80's. :eek: Also, Taylor looks like an angry clown. :lol:

• LOL! MY SO-CALLED LIFE! I remember that show... well, not so much the show, but I remember my intense dislike of that show. :lol:

:(
  • I meant to post this the other day when "Take on Me" by A-ha was posted.

kashi
  • swaydamswaydam Veteran
    edited May 2013
    Good japaense noise rock:

Japense experimental ambient:
    riverflowSillyPuttyLazy_eye
  • @swaydam

^^^ the second track -- steve reich meets debussy...? nice!

And I really enjoyed the first track -- what energy!

If you like Mogwai, check out a Japanese post-rock band, Mono. It's beautiful noisy bliss.
  • Susumu Yokota was very nice
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    ...This. I'm so ashamed!!! :bawl:

SillyPuttyInvincible_summer
  • For some reason "Shield for Your Eyes" reminded me of Dat Politics:

• Lazy_eyeLazy_eye Veteran
    Lovin' these, peeps.

"Out the Window" is from the Violent Femmes' second incarnation, right?

I probably don't want to admit this, but I'm old enough to remember when their first album came out...

SillyPutty
    edited May 2013
    I just discovered this. I simply adore mantras and other songs of the like. Honestly, it kind of inspires me to pick up an instrument and sing.

• swaydamswaydam Veteran
    riverflow said:

@swaydam

If you like Mogwai, check out a Japanese post-rock band, Mono. It's beautiful noisy bliss.

Thanks, u made me realize Mono = great. I heard of them in my youth but didn't get into them. stupidity

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    When I listen to this song, I feel like I gain a greater awareness of my mortality... very heavy and "monolithic." Like the earth is slowing crumbling from within.

Not for everyone.

I haven't listened to much of her, but this song is absolutely amazing.

riverflow
  • Getting ready for my trip tomorrow... I've added a lot of various Sandy Denny tracks (solo recordings, Fairport Convention, Fotheringay).

For some reason though, I remembered the Aussie band, The Church, so I'll be adding that as well. These are my two favourites by them (both from Starfish):

Lost:

[LINK]

Hotel Womb:

[LINK]