Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sex in America

1234568»

Comments

• Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited December 2010
    LOL. I don't know if they knew what they were talking about- but it sounded nice. It said to like inhale each others breaths, to remain eye contact, and two other things. The way it described it though, all spiritual and stuff, was pretty nice.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, breathwork is an important part, I've read, the eye contact, certain physical/yogic exercises. But I love the spiritual/sacred aspect.
    edited December 2010
    You'd have to have good breath :D
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Like I said earlier, they say it takes years of developing the various techniques involved (breath, meditation & visualization, etc.) before you can reach the goal. It's a serious practice, not something you do for fun. You work up to it gradually, as I understand.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    You'd have to have good breath :D

Oh. That was a joke. oops :p

Looks like this thread has petered out--time for another bright idea from Yours Truly? What do you think, Luv--what else you got in that noggin o'yours?
    edited December 2010
    I think there was a bit of blue fluff in there earlier...
    edited December 2010
    How about Sex in Arabia?
  • edited December 2010
    How about Sex in Arabia?
    An affair best kept in caution!
    edited December 2010
    41NJCT2q3jL._SL500_.jpg
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Hey, Luv, how about "Sex in Brittania"?
    edited December 2010
    Sex is perhaps the least taboo topic in the whole on England :lol:
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    So, go for it! :D

What about sexual diversity?
    edited December 2010
    Well if I open one of those threads what sort of stuff should it contain.
    edited December 2010
    What we put on a sexual diversity thread?
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    OK, that might be interesting. I guess "Sex in Britannia" is boring...? How about Sexual Diversity in America, Britiannia, and Beyond?

Anyway, it's your thread, you decide. :)
    edited December 2010
    What is sexual diversity about? What would be discussed? How would I phrase the intro to the topic?
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Oh. Well, we have to relate it to Buddhism first, so it would be "Sexual Diversity In Buddhism". HHDL has been contradictory on whether male homosexuality is allowed; when he speaks to gays, he says it's ok so long as no one gets hurt (there's a quote here on an older thread that you could look up, from "Out" magazine, I think it is. I think Karmadorje posted it. Hopefully that'll help you find it. And once you find that thread, you should be able to find other quotes stating his opposite position. So you can put those 2 quotes up to compare and discuss. Then you can add, that there is nothing in these stated policies that addresses female gays. And what about bisexuals? Where do they fit in with these policies? And you'd want to quote the precept on "sexual misconduct", as well, easy to find on the internet, if not on this site. That precept can be the introduction, then you can say, HHDL has elaborated by describing the following behaviors as pertaining to sexual misconduct:. then you can say, "However, in a meeting with the gay community in ......(wherever it was, the US or maybe San Francisco), according to "Out Magazine", HHDL said:
    And you might be able to provide the link with the magazine.

A little bit of research, and you'll have yourself a topic.
    let me know if I can be of anymore help.
    edited December 2010
    You are amazing Dakini *hug* However, I think some similar threads have been made, and many people get touchy when you mention HHDL, but I'll find some things, thanks :)
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Oooh how we do love our flesh...

6a00d8341bfb0653ef01156ffca4ba970c-800wi

:)
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    You are amazing Dakini *hug* However, I think some similar threads have been made, and many people get touchy when you mention HHDL, but I'll find some things, thanks :)

Well, if you still want to do the topic, we can go to HHDL's root source, which is a certain old text, and take the policy from there. No need to mention the DL, if you don't want.

But I guess you've decided not to do the topic?
    edited December 2010
    It's just I think the forums gone there, people have been banned, threads have been closed, it doesn't end well, what's gonna be discussed has been discussed, half of the people agree sexuality doesn't exist.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Wow! I had no idea! (I'm relatively new here.) But you're right, it did occur to me that the nature of the discussion could get a little too graphic even for my sensibilities, let alone a 13-yr. olds. (But...I bet you have pretty tough sensibilities...;) ) So, a bunch of people think sexuality doesn't exist? (Hey, there's your new topic! Does sexuality exist?) This is an interesting site. I suppose sexuality doesn't exist any more than anything else has an inherent existence. But if it doesn't exist, why are there so many problems? And STD's? Oh well.

Time to move on, I guess...

It's been fun, Luv.
    edited December 2010
    No, no. It's not like that. I'm very emotionally strong BTW. Some people say that it's not about what people's gender is, it's about your feelings. I agree with them, to some extent. But I think sex is an important component to a relationship, and you can't see certain people honestly going out with one gender or the other.
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    edited December 2010
    The talk I got was-

Dad: Your mom has been worrying about you... ya know... not knowing the important parts about the birds and the bees.

Me: Dad, I go to a public school. Trust me, I know.

Dad: Oh, okay. I thought so. Well, just remember, if you ever need some... uh, well... you know... just tell me and I'll take you to the store. :)

Me. Mkay. :lol:
    edited December 2010
    :lol::lol::lol: There's no fear of kids not knowing these days
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Hi, Luv. Sorry, I didn't mean for you to take my comments personally; I was mostly kidding re: sensibilities. but the more I thought about the topic, the more I realized the discussion could really get out of hand, in part due to the nature of the prohibitions. Anyway, you were way ahead of me, you've been on this site a lot longer than I have. And I see you have a new topic going, I'll go check that out.

Mindgate: your story is a riot. All too true for certain generations. It would be nice if kids got their info from their parents, and if parents had better relationships with their kids, so kids would feel comfortable talking to their parents. You never know about the accuracy of the info that kids get from each other. Or maybe the accuracy has improved over the generations....Luv? What do you think?
    edited December 2010
    Nobody who knows the actual gory details tells you in detail how to actual have sex, step by step, not even the internet. But I guess you're supposed to figure that out for yourself... I think I've made another thread or two on sex/uality, check 'em out
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Oh yeah? Are those threads still active? I haven't seen 'em.

Here's how it's supposed to happen, ideally; the girl you're with is supposed to tell you what works, what she likes. How are men supposed to know how the female anatomy works, if women don't tell them? (Every body is unique, to a point.) I don't know how it is on your side of the Pond, but I've read a lot of comments in advice columns, etc. here, and the really sad truth seems to be that a lot of women (even those who've been married for decades) can't bring themselves to tell their partner what it is they need sexually. Some men wake up one day to find themselves in the middle of divorce proceedings, because the wife says she's just been "putting up with" mediocre-to-lousy sex all these years, and he had no idea. She never said anything. That's REALLY sad. And unfair. I can only assume it's part of the Puritan legacy, that women can't bring themselves to talk about these things, even with an intimate partner. But of course there are also men who don't really care much about their partner's needs, it's not a one-sided situation at all. And some women don't know themselves well enough to know what it is that pushes their buttons, so to speak.

Good luck, Luv! Just remember to be thoughtful and ask questions.
    edited December 2010
    Dakini wrote: »
    Oh yeah? Are those threads still active? I haven't seen 'em.

Here's how it's supposed to happen, ideally; the girl you're with is supposed to tell you what works, what she likes. How are men supposed to know how the female anatomy works, if women don't tell them? (Every body is unique, to a point.) I don't know how it is on your side of the Pond, but I've read a lot of comments in advice columns, etc. here, and the really sad truth seems to be that a lot of women (even those who've been married for decades) can't bring themselves to tell their partner what it is they need sexually. Some men wake up one day to find themselves in the middle of divorce proceedings, because the wife says she's just been "putting up with" mediocre-to-lousy sex all these years, and he had no idea. She never said anything. That's REALLY sad. And unfair. I can only assume it's part of the Puritan legacy, that women can't bring themselves to talk about these things, even with an intimate partner. But of course there are also men who don't really care much about their partner's needs, it's not a one-sided situation at all. And some women don't know themselves well enough to know what it is that pushes their buttons, so to speak.

Good luck, Luv! Just remember to be thoughtful and ask questions.

They're not active, but you might as well look.

I think talking about it with your partner is very important. You've got to know what you and your partner like, and if you feel uncomfortable talking about it, that says everything. You're not ready with to do it with each other. You failed to mention a homosexual relationship however, which would more refer to me ;)
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Oh. Well, for obvious reasons, I'm more an expert on women. But the same principle of being thoughtful applies to any type of relationship. Men know men's anatomy best, obviously. I guess I can't help you, sorry. You sound wise for your age.
    edited December 2010
    Er, well, it's gonna be years 'till the time comes for me so I'm fine. I think kids these days know the basics very well. Much better than in olden times, or in more sex-taboo countries, I should think
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, well, even if your time is a few years off, I'm sure you're still curious, and it never hurts to collect information, and file it away in the back of your mind. (Or...the front of your mind....)

Cheerio, Luvie

P.S. Do you really think attitudes are significantly more repressed in the States (and what about Canada)? Aren't parents in England awkward discussing these things with their children? And aren't women more or less just as shy talking about this stuff with a partner? maybe that's what we could discuss here, coming back to the thread's original topic...
    edited December 2010
    OK thanks, goodbye for the night, or ever, if your leaving or not, but see yah :wavey:
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited December 2010
    Right--it's nighttime where you are. OK--see you later. :)
    edited December 2010
    22:00, but not tired :lol: