Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The best thing that happened to you today.

Comments

• sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    @karasti that is incredible! :) happy you got to witness such a beauteous swoop!
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Today in my meditation group, a rather new person asked a question about how, if we let go of our attachment (in her example our attachment to someone with cancer) how do we remain compassionate? We talked about it as a group, it was a good talk and at the end she said "I just can't tell you what a life changing statement that is. To think about taking our own fears and stories and putting them on another person's situation instead of just being present for them with full love and compassion. Just...wow." You could tell that she had a realization that was going to change the way she looked at life. It was really cool.
    SillyPuttyriverflowInvincible_summersova
  • procrastinating...and being ok with it
    SillyPuttyriverflow
    For the first time in 8 months, it was 70 degrees today and we spent the entire day from noon until 7:30 outside. Yard work, gardening, took my grandma shopping, Little League baseball started today, played at the park. It was amazing. Fresh air and sunshine does so much for the mind and body.
    SillyPuttyVastmindlobstersova
  • Reading and participating on a very insightful thread about "looooove" lol ^_^

SillyPuttysova
  • SillyPuttySillyPutty Veteran
    edited May 2013
    Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Sandwich from Whole Foods... this is what it kinda looks like... wasn't sure how to best represent Whole Food's version since I can't find a pic of it on the web. It was either post this picture, or a picture of heaven:

lobsterInvincible_summersova
  • ^^^ that about sums it up ha
    SillyPuttysova
  • increasing my meditation longest time from 3 hours no break to 3 and a half hours no break.
    riverflowSillyPuttyInvincible_summer
  • That looks like heaven to me @SillyPutty
  • kashi said:

That looks like heaven to me @SillyPutty

So good, yet so bad to eat. :lol: I also have some Vegan General Tso's Chicken. OMG to die for. And I have a really bad soy sensitivity, and I still eat this stuff. It's worth the eventual headaches and itchiness and so forth. :D

kashi
  • Im getting extremely hungry now
  • @person my stomach hurts from laughing so hard especially since your avatar is a super close up of Buddha...in weird way as if he said it LMAO...maybe you have to be me to really get it but still
    person
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    My sesamoiditis is finally easing up - I can walk without limping weirdly now. Huzzah!
    riverflowJeffreySillyPuttysova
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    person said:

Gave myself a pedicure today.
    Pretty pink toes makes a guy feel light on his feet...

lololololol.....I'm through with you the rest of today....lololololol

riverflowpersonsova
  • Realizing that I actually do have a gift for predicting what someone is going to do.
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    Vastminds said:

It's not my birthday.

. . . and then it was . . .

:clap:
    SillyPuttyVastmindInvincible_summerperson
    Happy, Happy unbirthday everyone! :clap:
    lobsterriverflowInvincible_summersova
  • If they have another party for you will it be your rebirthday?
    riverflowlobstersova
  • Decided to re-start up an Instagram account (had one before, lost interest, DELETED!)... But anyway, I took a picture of a beautiful poppy today and thought, "Eh, why not? I have so many lovely nature pictures... I should share them with the interwebz." :) So add me if you have one! http://instagram.com/sillyputtybuddhist
    Invincible_summersova
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    Nice, like the pic of the lilacs too. Those are blooming outside my window.
    lobsterSillyPuttysova
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    Beyond thrilled.
    Imagine that. Empathise. People that care to love rather than reject what is personally fulfilling. It is just getting light. Time to meditate on my perfect life. Eh ma ho. Be thrilled. Good plan.

Otherwise move along . . . nothing to see . . . many thanks . . .
    sova
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    I got a thread closed. I always feel accomplished when that happens. :D
    lobsterkashiInvincible_summersova
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    karasti said:

My state house of representatives voted to legalize gay marriage. Monday our Senate should vote on it (and it should easily pass) and the governor has said without a doubt he will sign it. Starting August 1, we should see people finally able to legally marry their life partners. Beyond thrilled.

Back in November during the election I knew a conservative who lived in a conservative neighborhood and had all the signs for conservative candidates and yes on voter ID but had a Vote No sign for the gay marriage ban amendment. I saw several other yards like that as well.

I'm glad they came back right away after that ban was voted down to legalize gay marriage in this state.

If you don't like it (marriage equality), you kin giit out!
    Jeffreysova
    The best thing today was....after 4 hours of Zoo tables....I told the
    girls..."That's it...I want to be drove around today! It's Mother's Day!...
    hahaha"...."lets go...."
    We went and jumped on the trolley...I kicked back...and we
    rode around twice....sun hitting....73...Super nice! You hear me ??!!
    I got a chocolate ice cream waffle cone too!....:)
    Jeffreyriverflowpersonsova
  • Lee82Lee82 Veteran
    Spent the day with my little man, girlfriend (think I can call her that now!) and her daughter, had Sunday Dinner out, drove around for a bit while she sang along to a disney CD, was funny as she knows all the words and I love the way she looks at me when she see's me smiling at what she's doing, then back to mine to watch a DVD together. Got kisses and cuddles, laughs and smiles, really enjoyed the day. Can't wait till we all go to London together in two weeks. Ahh....
    SillyPuttylobstersovaInvincible_summer
  • A bunch of really dumb sh** that normally happens has not happened. Yet.
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    Today I randomly ran into my dad at the airport. We sat down and had some juice and coffee, and talked about life and shared jokes. Really made my day :D
    JeffreypersonInvincible_summerlobster
    Lost my cell phone :) Actually I lost it on Saturday night, and really I'm perfectly happy not having it right now, lol. Eventually I will have to switch to my other phone if I cannot find this one. But right now, I am content not having something ringing/buzzing all the time. Anyone who needs me that badly already knows where I am.
    sovalobster
This discussion has been closed.