Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A few Jokes to make you chuckle - keep 'em clean...

Comments

• edited February 2006
    Ah vet jokes - my favourites!

Guy goes to the vet with an enormous Doberman saying the dog has problems with his ears.

The vet picks up the dog in his arms and stares intently into its eyes and shakes his head "I'm going to have to put this dog down."

The man goes mad - What what ?, It's that serious?,

Vet - no he's bloody heavy!
  • edited February 2006
    Laughter on the bus

A lady about eight months pregnant got on a bus. She noticed the man opposite her was smiling at her. She immediately moved to another seat. This time the smile turned into a grin, so she moved again. The man seemed more amused. When on the fourth move, the man burst out laughing, she complained to the driver and he had the man arrested.

The case came up in court. The judge asked the man (about 20) what he had to say for himself. The man replied, "Well your Honor, it was like this: When the lady got on the bus, I couldn't help but notice her condition. She sat under a sign that said, "The Double Mint Twins are coming" and I grinned.

Then she moved and sat under a sign that said, "Slogan's Liniment will reduce the swelling" and I had to smile.

Then she placed herself under a sign that said, "William's Big Stick Did the Trick" and I could hardly contain myself.

BUT your Honor, when she moved the fourth time and sat under a sign that said, "Goodyear Rubber could have prevented this Accident...I just lost it."

CASE DISMISSED

rotflmao1ql.gifrotflmao1ql.gif
  • edited February 2006
    Cigarette Covers

Two elderly ladies were outside their nursing home, having a smoke, when it started to rain. One of the ladies pulled out a condom, cut off the end, put it over her cigarette, and continued smoking.

The other lady asked, "What's that?"

"A condom," the lady responded. "This way my cigarette doesn't get wet."

"Where did you get it?" the other lady asked.

"You can get them at any drugstore."

The next day, the other lady hobbled herself down to the local drugstore and announced to the pharmacist that she wants a box of condoms. The guy looked at her kind of strangely (she is, after all, over 80 years old), but politely asks what brand she prefers.

"It doesn't matter, as long as it fits a Camel."

The pharmacist fainted.

camelbanana9az.gif
  • TribesmanTribesman Explorer
    edited February 2006
    You'd have they'd have looked a little closer at the domain names they chose for their websites

Who Represents?, a database for agencies to the rich and famous: http://www.whorepresents.com

The Experts Exchange, a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views:
    http://www.expertsexchange.com

Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island:
    http://www.penisland.net

Need a therapist? Try:
    http://www.therapistfinder.com

The energy company Powergen's italian website:
    http://www.powergenitalia.com

Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South Wales:
    http://www.molestationnursery.com
  • TribesmanTribesman Explorer
    edited February 2006
    Sorry about this but I believe a good pun is its own reword.

What's a bigamist?
    An italian fog.

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocaine before getting root canal treatment?
    He wanted to transcend dental medication.

A friend of mine had a Dutch girlfriend who wore inflatable shoes. Tragedy struck one day when she popped her clogs.

My brother drowned in a bowl of muesli. He was pulled under by a strong currant.

I sent my friend 10 of these jokes in the hope that at least one of them would make him laugh. Unfortunately.... no pun in ten did.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    OOHHH!! Terrible! I love them!

Especially:

"Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocaine before getting root canal treatment?
    He wanted to transcend dental medication."

And:

"My brother drowned in a bowl of muesli. He was pulled under by a strong currant."
  • edited February 2006
    Before anyone objects - I too am Irish Scottish mix and I just like stupid jokes, so here goes.

Murphy is in the pub, he's been in the pub for hours, he's had a few and the barman says to him he ought to go home. So he gets off his barstool and falls down. He gets out of the pub and falls down. He eventually crawls to his house, which is not too far away and crawls up the path. His wife is waiting in the doorway in traditional, arms folded, rolling pin in hand stance.

'Yer drunk again ya eejit"
    "Am not"
    "Y'are so"
    "Am not" .... (Pause)

"Then whar's yar effin wheelchair then ?"
  • edited February 2006
    :lol: Those are good! Here's another one ...

The Gold Urinal

Before the 2001 inauguration of George Bush, he was invited to a get acquainted tour of the White House. After drinking several glasses of iced tea, he asked Bill Clinton if he could use his personal bathroom.

When he entered Clinton's private toilet, he was astonished to see that President Clinton had a solid gold urinal.

That afternoon, George told his wife, Laura, about the urinal.

"Just think," he said, "when I am president, I could have a gold urinal, too. But I wouldn't do something that self-induligible!"

Later, when Laura had lunch with Hillary at her tour of the White House, she told Hillary how impressed George had been at his discovery of the fact that, in the President's private bathroom, the President had a gold urinal.

That evening, when Bill and Hillary were getting ready for bed, Hillary smiled, and said to Bill, "I found out who pissed in your saxophone."

• PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited February 2006
    The following is a "history" collected by teachers throughout the United States, from eighth grade through college level. Read carefully, and you will learn a lot of incorrect information.

The inhabitants of ancient Egypt were called mummies. They lived in the Sarah Dessert and traveled by Camelot. The climate of the Sarah is such that the inhabitants have to live elsewhere, so areas of the dessert are cultivated by irritation. The Egyptians built the Pyramids in the shape of a huge triangular cube. The Pyramids are a range of mountains between France and Spain.

The Bible is full of interesting caricatures. In the first book of the Bible, Guinesses, Adam and Eve were created from an apple tree. On of their children, Cain, once asked, "Am I my brother's son?" God asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac on Mount Montezuma. Jacob, son of Isaac, stole his brother's birth mark. Jacob was a patriarch who brought up his twelve sons to be patriarchs, but they did not take it. One of Jacob's sons, Joseph, gave refuse to the Israelites.

Pharaoh forced the Hebrew slaves to make bread without straw. Moses led them to the Red Sea, where they made unleavened bread, which is bread made without any ingredients. Afterwards, Moses went up on Mount Cyanide to get the ten commandments. David was a Hebrew king skilled at playing the liar. He fought with the Philatelists, a race of people who lived in the Biblical times. Soloman, one of David's sons, had 500 wives and 500 porcupines.

Without the Greeks we wouldn't have history. The Greeks invented three kinds of columns - Corinthian, Doric, and Ironic. They also had myths. A myth is a female moth. One myth says that the mother of Achilles dipped him in the River Stynx until he became intollerable. Achilles appears in The Iliad, by Homer. Homer also wrote The Oddity, in which Penelope was the last hardship that Ulysses endured on his journey. Actually, Homer was not written by Homer but by another man of that name.

Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people advice. They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock.

In the Olympic games, Greeks ran races, jumped, hurled the biscuits, the threw the java. The reward to the victor was a coral wreath. The government of Athens was democratic because people took the law into their own hands. There were no wars in Greece, as the mountains were so high that they couldn't climb over to see what their neighbors were doing. When they fought with the Persians, the Greeks were outnumbered because the Persians had more men.

Eventually, the Ramons conquered the Greeks. History calls people Romans because they never stayed in one place for very long. At Roman banquets, the guests wore garlic in their hair. Julius Caesar extinguished himself on the battlefields of Gaul. The Ides of March murdered him because they thought he was going to be made king. Nero was a cruel tyranny who would turture his poor subjects by playing the fiddle to them.

Then came the Middle Ages. King Alfred conquered the Dames. King Arthur lived in the Age of Shivery, King Harold mustarded his troops before the Battle of Hastings, Joan of Arc was canonized by Bernard Shaw, and victims of the Black Death grew boobs on their necks. Finally, Magna Carta provided that no free man should be hanged twice for the same offense.

In medevil time most of the people were alliterate. The greatest writer of the time was Chaucer, who wrote many poems and versus and also wrote literature. Another tale tells of William Tell, who shot an arrow through an apple while standing on his son's head.

The Renaissance was an age in which more individuals felt the value of their human being. Martin Luther was nailed to the church door at Wittenberg for selling papal indulgences. He died a horrible death, being excommunicated by a bull. It was the painter Donatello's interes in the female nude that made him the father of the Renaissance. It was an age of great inventions and discoveries. Gutenberg invented the Bible. Sir Walter Raleigh is a historical figure because he invented cigarettes. Another important invention was the circulation of blood. Sir Francis Drake circumcised the world with a 100 foot clipper.

The government of England was a limited mockery. Henry VIII found walking difficult because he had an abbess on his knee. Queen Elizabeth was the "Virgin Queen." As a queen she was a success. When Elizabeth exposed herself before her troops, they all shouted, "hurrah." Then her navy went out and defeated the Spanish Armadillo.

The greatest write of the Renaissance was William Shakespear. Shakespear never made much money and is only famous because of his plays. He lived at Windsor with his merry wives, writing tragedies, comedies and errors. In one of Shakespear's famous plays, Hamlet rations out his situation by relieving himself in a long soliloquy. In another, Lady Macbeth tried to convince Macbeth to kill the Kind by attack his manhood. Romeo and Juliet are an example of a heroic couplet. Writing at the same time as Shakespear was Miguel Cervantes. He wrote Donkey Hote. The next great author was John Milton. Milton wrote Paradise Lost. Then his wife died and he wrote Paradise Regained.

During the Renaissance America began. Christopher Columbus was a great navigator who discovered America while cursing about the Atlantic. His ships were called the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Fe. Later, the Pilgrims crossed the Ocean, and this was known as Pilgrims Progress. When they landed at Plymouth Rock, they were greeted by the Indians, who came down the hill rolling their war hoops before them. The Indian squabs carried porpoises on their back. Many of the Indian heroes were killed, along with their cabooses, which proved very fatal for them. The winter of 1620 was a hard one for the settlers. Many people died and many babies were born. Captain John Smith was responsible for all this.

One of the causes of the Revolutionary Wars was the English put tacks in their tea. Also, the colonists would send their parcels through the post without stamps. During the War, the Red Coats and Paul Revere was throwing balls over stone walls. The dogs were barking and the peacocks crowing. Finally, the colonists won the War and no longer had to pay for taxis.

Delegates from the original thirteen states formed the Contented Congress. Thomas Jefferson, a Virgin, and Benjamin Franklin were two singers of the Declaration of Independence. Franklin had gone to Boston carrying all his clothes in his pocket and a loaf of bread under each arm. He invented electricity by rubbing two cats backwards and declared, "A horse devided against itself cannot stand." Franklin died in 1790 and is still dead.

George Washington married Martha Curtis and in due time became the Father of Our Country. Then the Constitution of the United States was adopted to secure domestic hostility. Under the Constitution the people enjoyed the right to keep bare arms.

Abraham Lincoln became America's greatest president. Lincoln's mother died in infancy, and he was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands. When Lincoln was President, he wore only a tall silk hat. He said, "In onion there is strength." Abraham Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg address while traveling from Washington to Gettysburg on the back of an envelope. He also freed the slaves by signing the Emasculation Proclamation, and the Fourteenth Amendment gave the ex-Negroes citizenship. But the Clue Clux Clan would torcher and lynch the ex-Negroes and other innocent victims. It claimed it represented law and odor. On the night of April 14, 1865, Lincoln went to the theater and got shot in his seat by one of the actors in a moving picture show. The believed assinator was John Wilkes Booth, a supposingly insane actor. This ruined Booth's career.

Meanwhile in Europe, the enlightenment was a reasonable time. Voltare invented electricity and also wrote a book called Candy. Graity was invented by Isaac Walton. It is chiefly noticeable in the Autumn, when the apples are falling off trees.

Bach was the most famous composer in the world, and so was Handel. Handel was half German, half Italian, and half English. He was very large. Bach died from 1750 to the present. Beethoven wrote music even though he was deaf. He was so deaf he wrote loud music. He took long walks in the forest even when everyone was calling for him. Beethoven expired in 1827 and later died for this.

France was in a very serious state. The French Revolution was accomplished before it happened. The Marseillaise was the theme song of the French Revolution, and it catapulted into Napoleon. During the Napoleonic Wars, the crowned heads of Europe were trembling in their shoes. The the Spanish gorillas came down from the hills and nipped at Napoleon's flanks. Napoleon became ill with bladder problems and was very tense and unrestrained. He wanted an heir to inherit his power, but since Josephine was a baroness, she couldn't bear children.

The sun never set on the British Empire because the British Empire is in the East and the sun sets in the West. Queen Victoria was the longest queen. She sat on a thorn for 63 years. Her reclining years and finally the end of her life were exemplary of a great personality. Her death was the final event which ended her reign.

The nineteenth century was a time of many great inventions and thoughts. The invention of the steamboat caused a network of rivers to spring up. Cyrus McCormick invented the McCormick raper, which did the work of hundred men. Samuel Morse invented a code of telepathy. Louis Pasteur discovered a cure for rabbis. Charles Darwin was a naturalist who wrote the Organ of the Species.
  • edited February 2006
    FUNNY ACCIDENT EXPLANATIONS

Following are actual statements found on insurance forms where car drivers attempt to summarize the details of an accident in the fewest words possible. These instances of faulty writing serve to confirm that even incompetent writing may be highly entertaining.

1. Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have.

2. The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intentions.

3. I thought the window was down, but I found out it was up, when I put my head through it.

4. I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.

5. A truck backed through my windshield into my wife's face.

6. A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.

7. The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.

8. I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.

9. In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.

10. I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprang up, obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car.

11. I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.

12. I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way, causing me to have an accident.

13. As I approached the intersection, a sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.

14. To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian.

15. My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle.

16. An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.

17. I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat, found that I had fractured skull.

18. I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.

19. The pedestrian had no idea which direction to run, so I ran over him.

rotflmao1ql.gif
    rotflmao1ql.gif
  • edited February 2006
    Church?

John O'Riley was a member of an Irish Toast Masters Club and one evening at the local Irish Toast Masters meeting, a contest was held to see who could deliver the best toast.

Well, John O'Riley won the contest for the best toast of the evening, "Here's To The Best Years o' Me Life, Spent Between The Legs o' Me Wife."

When John O'Riley arrived home his beautiful wife asked him how the Toast Masters meeting went and he said, "I won the contest for the best toast of the evening." His wife then asked him what his toast was, and he said, "Here's To The Best Years o' me Life, Spent in Church wi' me Wife."

His wife then said, "Why John, that's so nice of you to include me in your Toast."

The next morning, Mrs. O'Riley was downtown shopping and ran into the local
    policeman on the beat who was also at the Toast Masters meeting with John O'Riley. He said, "Hello Mrs. O'Riley, that was some great toast that your husband John gave at the Toast Masters meeting last evening. He won first prize".

"Yes, that's right," said Mrs. O'Riley, "but he wasn't quite honest with the facts: he's only been there twice, the first time he fell asleep and the second time I had to pull him out by the ears."

:grin::grin:
  • edited February 2006
    NEW CHURCH BULLETIN BLOOPERS

Sermon Outline:
    I. Delineate your fear
    II. Disown your fear
    III. Displace your rear

Next Friday we will be serving hot gods for lunch.

If you would like to make a donation, fill out a form, enclose a check and drip in the collection basket.

Nov. 11: An evening of boweling at Lincoln Country Club.

Women's Luncheon:
    Each member bring a sandwich.
    Polly Phillips will give the medication.

Karen's beautiful solo: "It is Well With My Solo."

Congratulations to Tim and Ronda on the birth of their daughter October 12 thru 17.

If you choose to heave during the Postlude, please do so quietly.

We are grateful for the help of those who cleaned up the grounds around the church building and the rector.

Hymn: "I Love Thee My Ford."

Sign-up sheet for anyone wishing to be water baptized on the table in the foyer.

Newsletters are not being sent to absentees because of their weight.

Helpers are needed!
    Please sign up on the information sheep.

The Advent Retreat will be held in the lover level of St. Mary's Cathedral.

The District Duperintendent will be meeting with the church boared.

As soon as the weather clears up, the men will have a goof outing.

Fifth Sinday is Lent.

Thank you, dead friends.

Diana and Don request your presents at their wedding.

Lent is a period for preparing for Holy Weed and Easter.

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget all His benefits.

For the word of God is quick and powerful...piercing even to the dividing asunder of soup and spirit.

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peach to men.

Definition: Persons who are shut-in during bath weather.

Bring one dozen coolies wrapped for Christmas.

The lovers in the exhaust fan are not working.

Volunteers are needed to spit up food.

Head Deacon and Dead Deaconess

We pray that our people will jumble themselves.

:grin:
  • edited February 2006
    Church Bulletin Bloopers

1) Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at Calvary Memorial Church. Come tonight and hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.

2) Announcing a National Prayer & Fasting Conference...cost for attending includes meals.

3) Our youth basketball team is back in action Wednesday at 8 pm in the recreation hall. Come and watch us kill Christ the King.

4) Miss Charlene Mason sang, "I will not pass this way again", giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.

5) Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don't forget your husbands.

6) Next Sunday is the family hayride and bonfire at the Fowler's. Bring your own hotdogs and guns. Friends are welcome.

7) The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.

8) The sermon this morning, "Jesus walks on water". The sermon tonight, "Searching for Jesus".

9) Next Thursday is tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.

10) Barbara remains in the hospital. She is having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Elmer's sermons.

11) During the absence of our Pastor, we enjoyed the rare privilege of hearing a good sermon when J.F. Stubbs supplied our pulpit.

12) The Rector will preach his farewell message after which the choir will sing, "Break Forth Into Joy".

13) Don't let worry kill you off, let the church help.

14) Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.

15) The senior choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.

16) For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

17) Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person(s) you want remembered.

18) Attend and you will hear an excellent speaker and heave a healthy lunch.

19) The church will host and evening of fine dining, superb entertainment and gracious hostility.

20) The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind. They can be seen in the basement every Friday.

21) Ladies bible study will be held Thursday morning at 10. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.

22) The Low-Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7pm. Please use the back door.

23) The Weight Watchers group will meet at 7pm at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use the large double doors at the side entrance.

24) The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday. "I Upped My Pledge... Up Yours!"

hysterical4bq.gif
  • edited February 2006
    Wedding night blues

Jack was going to be married to Jill, so his father sat him down for a little fireside chat. He said "Jack, let me tell you something. On my wedding night in our honeymoon suite, I took off my pants and handed them to your mother, and said, 'Here -- try these on.'" So, she did, and said, 'These are too big. I can't wear them.' I replied, 'Exactly. I wear the pants in this family and I always will.' And ever since that night, we've never had any problems."

"Hmmm," said Jack. He thought over his father's advice for several days. On his honeymoon, Jack took off his pants and said to Jill, "Here try these on." She did and said, "These are too large, Jack. They don't fit me." Jack said, "Exactly. I wear the pants in this family, and I always will, and I don't want you to ever forget that."

Then Jill took off her pants, handed them to Jack and said, "Here, you try on mine." He did, and said, "I can't get into your pants." Jill said, "Exactly. And if you don't change your attitude, you never will."

:lol:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    PADAWAN,

HISTORY!

HILARIOUS!! ROFLMAO!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Nero was a cruel tyranny who would turture his poor subjects by playing the fiddle to them.

Gutenberg invented the Bible. Sir Walter Raleigh is a historical figure because he invented cigarettes. Another important invention was the circulation of blood. Sir Francis Drake circumcised the world with a 100 foot clipper.

The government of England was a limited mockery."

Can't stop laughing...TOO funny...GASP....

THANK you, Padawan!

Brigid
  • PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited February 2006
    If dogs could talk, they'd start by complaining...

1. Blaming your farts on me ... not funny ... not funny at all !!!

2. Yelling at me for barking ... I'M A FRIGGIN' DOG, YOU IDIOT!

3. Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out. Exactly whose walk is this anyway?

4. Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose ... stop it!

5. Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew your stuff up when you're not home.

6. The sleight of hand, fake 'fetch' throw. You fooled a dog! WooHoo, what a proud moment for the top of the food chain.

7. Taking me to the vet for "the big snip", then acting surprised when I freak out every time we go back!

8. Getting upset when I sniff the crotches of your guests. Sorry, but I haven't quite mastered that handshake thing yet.

9. Dog sweaters. Hello?? Haven't you noticed the fur?

10. How you act disgusted when I lick myself. Look, we both know the truth, you're just jealous.

Now lay off me on some of these things: we both know who the boss is here!!! You don't see me picking up your poop do you?!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    SATORI,

Thank you!!

PRICELESS!! LMAO! :lol::lol::lol: :bigclap: :bigclap:

22) The Low-Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7pm. Please use the back door.

24) The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday. "I Upped My Pledge... Up Yours!"

3. I thought the window was down, but I found out it was up, when I put my head through it.

6. A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.

7. The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.

8. I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.

Still laughing....
  • edited February 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    SATORI,

Thank you!!

PRICELESS!! LMAO! :lol::lol::lol: :bigclap: :bigclap:

You're welcome! :D
  • edited February 2006
    The boss of Stone Marketing called a spontaneous staff meeting in the middle of a particularly stressful week. When everyone gathered, the employer, who understood the benefits of having fun, told the burnt-out staff the purpose of the meeting was to have a quick contest.

The theme was Viagra advertising slogans. The only rule was that they had to use past ad slogans, originally written for other products, that captured the essence of Viagra. Slight variations were acceptable.

About seven minutes later, they turned in their suggestions and created a Top Ten list. After all the laughter and camaraderie, the rest of the week went very well for everyone. The Top Ten:

10. Whaazzzzz Up!
    9. The quicker pecker upper.
    8. Like a rock!
    7. When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight.
    6. Be all that you can be.
    5. Reach out and touch someone.
    4. Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.
    3. Tastes great! More filling!
    2. We bring good things to life!

And the unanimous number one slogan:

1. This is your penis ... this is your penis on drugs ...

rotflmao1ql.gif
  • edited February 2006
    I hope this hasn't been posted already. I'm beginning to forget which ones I've seen here!

Due to increasing products liability litigation, American manufacturers of alcoholic beverages have accepted the FDA's suggestion that the following warning labels be placed immediately on all containers and packaging materials:

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering what the hell happened to your bra.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a retard.

WARNING: The consumption may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to think you can sing.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you can logically converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you have mystical kung fu powers, resulting in getting your ass kicked.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to roll over in some mornings and see something really scary.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug burns on the forehead, knees, and lower back.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster, and better looking than most people.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe you are invisible.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may lead you to think people are laughing WITH you.

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause a disturbance in the time-space continuum, whereby gaps of time may seem to literally disappear.

:lol::lol:
  • edited February 2006
    Excuses sent to schools by parents

My son is under the doctor's care and should not take P.E. today. Please execute him.

Please excuse Mary for being absent. She was sick and I had her shot.

Dear School: Please eckuse John for being absent on Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and 33.

Please excuse Gloria from Jim today.

John has been absent because he had 2 teeth taken off his face.

Chris will not be in school because he has an acre in his side.

Please excuse Tom for being absent yesterday. He has diarrhea and his boots leak.

Please excuse John for being. It was his father's fault.

Please excuse Jane. She had been sick and under the doctor.

Sally won't be in school a week from Friday. We have to attend a funeral.

Please excuse my son's tardiness. I forgot to wake him up and I didn't find him until I started making the beds.

Please excuse Harriet from school yesterday. We forgot to get the Sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it on Monday, we thought it was Sunday.

Please excuse Ray from school. He has very loose vowels.

• edited February 2006
    Scouting

Dear Mom and Dad,

Our scoutmaster told us all write to our parents in case you saw the flood on TV and worried. We are OK. Only 1 of our tents and 2 sleeping bags got washed away. Luckily, none of us got drowned because we were all up on the mountain looking for Chad when it happened. Oh yes, please call Chad's mother and tell her he is OK. He can't write because of the cast. I got to ride in one of the search & rescue jeeps. It was neat. We never would have found him in the dark if it hadn't been for the lightning.

Scoutmaster Webb got mad at Chad for going on a hike alone without telling anyone. Chad said he did tell him, but it was during the fire so he probably didn't hear him. Did you know that if you put gas on a fire, the gas can will blow up? The wet wood still didn't burn, but one of our tents did. Also some of our clothes. John is going to look weird until his hair grows back.

We will be home on Saturday if Scoutmaster Webb gets the car fixed. It wasn't his fault about the wreck. The brakes worked OK when we left. Scoutmaster Webb said that a car that old you have to expect something to break down; that's probably why he can't get insurance on it. We think it's a neat car. He doesn't care if we get it dirty, and if it's hot, sometimes he lets us ride on the tailgate. It gets pretty hot with 10 people in a car. He let us take turns riding in the trailer until the highway patrolman stopped and talked to us.

Scoutmaster Webb is a neat guy. Don't worry, he is a good driver. In fact, he is teaching Terry how to drive. But he only lets him drive on the mountain roads where there isn't any traffic. All we ever see up there are logging trucks.

This morning all of the guys were diving off the rocks and swimming out in the lake. Scoutmaster Webb wouldn't let me because I can't swim and Chad was afraid he would sink because of his cast, so he let us take the canoe across the lake. It was great. You can still see some of the trees under the water from the flood. Scoutmaster Webb isn't crabby like some scoutmasters. He didn't even get mad about the life jackets.

He has to spend a lot of time working on the car so we are trying not to cause him any trouble. Guess what? We have all passed our first aid merit badges. When Dave dove in the lake and cut his arm, we got to see how a tourniquet works. Also Wade and I threw up. Scoutmaster Webb said it probably was just food poisoning from the leftover chicken, he said they got sick that way with the food they ate in prison. I'm so glad he got out and become our scoutmaster. He said he sure figured out how to get things done better while he was doing his time.

I have to go now. We are going into town to mail our letters and buy bullets. Don't worry about anything. We are fine.

Love, Cole

• edited February 2006
    HOW MANY DOGS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

GOLDEN RETRIEVER: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?

BORDER COLLIE: Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.

DACHSHUND: You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!

POODLE: Give me that bulb. I can reach it in a single jump!

ROTTWEILER: Make me.

LAB: Oh, me, me!!!! Pleeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I?

GERMAN SHEPHERD: I'll change it as soon as I've led these people from the dark, check to make sure I haven't missed any, and make just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation.

TIBETAN TERRIER: Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while he's busy!

JACK RUSSELL TERRIER: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls and furniture.

POMERANIAN: I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

COCKER SPANIEL: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.

DOBERMAN: While it's dark, I'm going to sleep on the couch.

BOXER: Who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark......

CHIHUAHUA: Yo quiero Taco Bulb.

IRISH WOLFHOUND: Can somebody else do it? I've got this hangover.....

POINTER: I see it, there it is, there it is, right there....

GREYHOUND: It isn't moving. Who cares?

AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle...

OLD ENGLISH SHEEP DOG: Light bulb? I'm sorry, but I don't see a light bulb?

HOUND DOG: ZZZZZZzzzzz.z.z.z..z..z..z...z

CATS: Dogs do not change light bulbs. People change light bulbs. So, the question is: How long will it be before I can expect light?

ALL OF WHICH PROVES, ONCE AGAIN, THAT WHILE DOGS
    HAVE MASTERS, CATS HAVE STAFF...

:D
  • edited February 2006
    Cyberaggie

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a slowdown in the overall performance, particularly in the flower and jewelry applications that had operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, but installed undesirable programs such as NFL 5.0 and NBA 3.0. And now Conversation 8.0 no longer runs and House Cleaning 2.6 simply crashes the
    system.

I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail. What can I do?

Signed, Desperate

Dear Desperate:

First keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an entertainment package, while Husband 1.0 is an operation system. Try entering the command C:\ I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME and download Tears 6.2 to install Guilt 3.0. If all works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

But remember, overuse can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0 or Beer 6.1. Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will create Snoring Loudly.Wav files.

Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-In-Law 1.0 or reinstall another Boyfriend program. These are not supported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have a limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider additional software to improve memory and performance.

I personally recommend Hot Food 3.0 and Lingerie 6.0.

Good Luck, Tech Support

• edited February 2006
    INSTRUCTIONS FOR GIVING A CAT A PILL

1) Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2) Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3) Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw soggy pill away.

4) Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right fore-finger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5) Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

6) Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees. Hold front and rear paws firmly. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7) Retrieve cat from curtain rail. Get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered Doulton figures from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8) Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to stretch out flat on top of cat with head just visible from below arm-pit. Put pill in end of drinking straw. Force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9) Check label to make sure pill is not harmful to humans. Drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10) Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11) Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of your last tetanus shot. Throw tee-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12) Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.

13) Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed, force cat's mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of filet steak. Hold head vertically and pour pint of water down throat to wash pill down.

14) Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room. Sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Stop by the furniture store on way home to order new table.

15) Arrange for SPCA to find a new home for cat and ring local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    This has to be one of the funniest things i have read in a long time, because I think it's completely accurate. :lol::lol::lol: :bigclap:
  • PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited February 2006
    This short film really made me laugh! Hope it does for you, too...

http://www.3dweb.no/galleri/stuestolbm/bilder/anim1.swf
  • edited February 2006
    INSTRUCTIONS FOR GIVING A CAT A PILL

And don't think it doesn't happen to professionals as well! Brilliant - I fell about laughing at that . Especially as I used to do it for a living!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    ZEN SARCASM

1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.

2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky tire.

3. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbors' newspaper,
    that's the time to do it.

4. Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

5. Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

6. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

7. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.

8. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

9. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

10. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

11. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

12. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

13. Some days you're the bug; some days you're the windshield.

14. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

15. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it
    back in your pocket.

16. A closed mouth gathers no foot.

17. Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

18. There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.

19. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.

20. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

21. Never miss a good chance to shut up.

22. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    I love that - I'm going to nick it and send it to people who think they have life sorted out - I know a few! Thanks BF
  • edited February 2006
    Oxymorons ...

1. Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?
    2. Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?
    3. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?
    4. If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?
    5. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?
    6. Why do "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?
    7. Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?
    8. Why do "tug" boats push their barges?
    9. Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there?
    10. Why are they called"stands" when they are made for sitting?
    11. Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"?
    12. Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?
    13. Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites?
    14. Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?
    15. Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?
    16. If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?
    17. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    18. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
    19. If you are cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right?
    20. Why is bra singular and panties plural?
    21. Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the batteries are dead?
    22. Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase?
    23. How come abbreviated is such a long word?
    24. Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?
    25. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
    26. Why do they call it a TV set when you only have one?
    27. Christmas oxymoron: What other time of the year do you sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of your socks?
    28. Why do we drive on a parkway and park in a driveway???
  • PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Options a psychiatrist might have on his office voice mail :

If you are obsessive-compulsive, press ONE repeatedly.

If you are co-dependent, have somebody else press TWO for
    you.

If you are depressed, press THREE. Or don't. It probably doesn't
    matter....

If you have multiple personalities, press FOUR, FIVE, and SIX.

If you are delusional, press SEVEN to be connected directly to
    the mother ship.

If you are paranoid, you needn't press anything. WE KNOW WHO
    YOU ARE.
  • edited February 2006
    Tips for Telemarketing Calls

10. When they ask "How are you today?" Tell them! "I'm so glad you asked because no one these days seems to care, and I have all these problems; my arthritis is acting up, my eyelashes are sore, my dog just died..."

9. If they say they're John Doe from XYZ Company, ask them to spell their name. Then ask them to spell the company name. Then ask them where it is located. Continue asking them personal questions or questions about their company for as long as necessary.

8. Cry out in surprise, "Judy! Is that you? Oh my God! Judy, how have you been?" Hopefully, this will give Judy a few brief moments of pause as she tries to figure out where the h-l she could know you from.

7. If MCI calls trying to get you to sign up for the Family and Friends Plan, reply, in as SINISTER a voice as you can, "I don't have any friends ....would you be my friend?"

6. If they want to loan you money, tell them you just filed for bankruptcy and you could sure use some money.

5. Tell the telemarketer you are on "home incarceration" and ask if they could bring you a case of beer and some chips.

4. After the telemarketer gives their spiel, ask him/her to marry you. When they get all flustered, tell them that you could not just give your credit card number to a complete stranger.

3. Tell the telemarketer you are busy at the moment and ask them if they will give you their HOME phone number so you can call them back. When the telemarketer explains that they cannot give out their HOME number, you say "I guess you don't want anyone bothering you at home, right?" The telemarketer will agree and you say, "Now you know how I feel!" Say good bye - and Hang up.

2. Insist that the caller is really your buddy Leon, playing a joke. "Come on Leon, cut it out! Seriously, Leon, how's your momma?"

1. And first and foremost: Tell them to talk VERY SLOWLY, because you want to write EVERY WORD down.

• PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Zen-inspired error messages on Japanese computers:

1. The Web site you seek cannot be located, but countless more exist.

2. Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot. Order shall return.

3. Program aborting: Close all that you have worked on. You ask far too much.

4. Windows NT crashed. I am the Blue Screen of Death. No one hears your screams.

5. Yesterday it worked. Today it is not working. Windows is like that.

6. Your file was so big. It might be very useful. But now it is gone.

7. Stay the patient course. Of little worth is your ire. The network is down.

8. A crash reduces your expensive computer to a simple stone.

9. Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred?

10. You step in the stream, but the water has moved on. This page is not here.

11. Out of memory. We wish to hold the whole sky, but we never will.

12. Having been erased, the document you're seeking must now be retyped.

13. Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared.

14. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.
  • edited February 2006
    You probably know the story already. It is fairly common, it started innocently enough.

I began to think at parties , now and then -- to loosen up.

Inevitably, though, one thought led to another, and soon I was more than just a social thinker.

I began to think alone -- "to relax," I told myself -- but I knew it wasn't true.

Thinking became more and more important to me, and finally I was thinking all the time.

That was when things began to sour at home.

One evening I had turned off the TV and asked my wife about the meaning of life.

She spent that night at her mother's.

I began to think on the job.

I knew that thinking and employment don't mix, but I couldn't stop myself.

I began to avoid friends at lunchtime so I could read Thoreau and Kafka.

I would return to the office dizzied and confused, asking, "What is it exactly we are doing here?"

One day the boss called me in.

He said, "Listen, I like you, and it hurts me to say this, but your thinking has become a real problem. If you don't stop thinking on the job, you'll have to find another job."

This gave me a lot to think about.

I came home early after my conversation with the boss.

"Honey," I confessed, "I've been thinking..."

"I know you've been thinking," she said, "and I want a divorce!"

"But Honey, surely it's not that serious."

"It is serious," she said, lower lip aquiver. "You think as much as college professors, and college professors don't make any money, so if you keep on thinking, we won't have any money!"

"That's a faulty syllogism," I said impatiently.

She exploded in tears of rage and frustration, but I was in no mood to deal with the emotional drama.

"I'm going to the library," I snarled as I stomped out the door.

I headed for the library, in the mood for some Nietzsche.

I roared into the parking lot with NPR on the radio and ran up to the big glass doors...

They didn't open. The library was closed.

To this day, I believe that a Higher Power was looking out for me that night.

Leaning on the unfeeling glass, whimpering for Zarathustra, a poster caught my eye.

"Friend, is heavy thinking ruining your life?" it asked.

You probably recognize that line.

It comes from the standard Thinker's Anonymous poster.

Which is why I am what I am today: a recovering thinker.

I never miss a TA meeting. At each meeting we watch a non-educational video; last week it was "Porky's." Then we share experiences about how we avoided thinking since the last
    meeting.

I still have my job, and things are a lot better at home.

Life just seemed...easier, somehow, as soon as I stopped thinking.

I think the road to recovery is nearly complete for me.

Today, I registered to vote as a Republican.

buttmonkey3ie.gifrotflmao1ql.gif
  • PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Q. How many psychiatrists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A. None, but it takes three of them to produce a nine-page booklet called 'Coping with darkness'....

Q. How many psychotherapists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    A. Only one, but the lightbulb has got to WANT to change...
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    How many Californians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Zero.

Californians screw in hot-tubs.

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Bush in Church

President Bush was scheduled to worship at a small Methodist Church outside Washington, D.C. as part of Karl Rove's campaign to reverse Bush's rapidly deteriorating approval ratings. A week before the visit, Rove called on the Methodist Bishop who was scheduled to preach on the chosen Sunday. "As you know, Bishop," began Rove, "we've been getting a lot of bad publicity among Methodists because of the president's position on stem cell research and the like. We'd gladly arrange for Jack Abramoff's friends to make a contribution of $100,000 to the church if during your sermon you would say that President Bush is a saint."

The Bishop thought about it for a few minutes, and finally said, "This parish is in rather desperate need of funds ... I'll agree to do it."

The following Sunday, Bush pompously showed up for the photo op, looking especially smug even while attempting to appear pious.

After making a few announcements, the Bishop began his homily:

"George W. Bush is a petty, vindictive, sanctimonious hypocrite and a nitwit. He is a liar, a cheat, and a low-intelligence weasel with the world's largest chip on his shoulder. He used every dirty election trick in the book and still lost, but his toadies in the Supreme Court appointed him. He lied about his military record in which he used special privilege to avoid combat, and then had the gall to dress up and pose on an aircraft carrier before a banner stating "Mission Accomplished." He invaded a sovereign country for oil and war profiteering, turning Iraq into a training ground for terrorists who would destroy our country. He continues to confuse the American people by insisting on a nonexistent connection between the horrors of 9/11 and the reason he started his war in Iraq. He routinely appoints incompetent and unqualified cronies to high-level federal government positions and as a result, hundreds and hundreds of Americans died tragically in New Orleans. He lets corporate polluters despoil God's creation and doom our planet. He uses fear-mongering to justify warrantless spying on American citizens, in clear violation of our Constitution. He is so psychotic and megalomaniacal that he believes that he was chosen by God. He is the worst example of a Methodist I have ever personally known. But compared to Dick Cheney and Karl Rove and the rest of the evil fascist bastards in this administration, George W. Bush is a saint."

• edited February 2006
    A college class was told they had to write a short story in as few words as possible. The instructions were:

The short story must contain the following three components:

(1) Religion

(2) Sexuality

(3) Mystery

There was only one A+ paper in the entire class. Below is the A+ short story:

"Good God, I'm pregnant, I wonder who did it?"

poh2xv.gif
  • edited February 2006
    The Silent Treatment ...

A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were giving each other the silent treatment. Suddenly, the man realized that the next day he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00AM for an early morning business flight.

Not wanting to be the first to break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper, "Please wake me at 5:00 AM." He left it where he knew she would find it. The next morning, the man woke up, only to discover it was 9:00 AM and he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see why his wife hadn't wakened him, when he noticed a piece of paper by the bed. The paper said, "It is 5:00 AM. Wake up."

Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests.

• edited February 2006
    All I Need to Know in Life I Learned From My Horse

1. When in doubt, run far, far away.
    2. You can never have too many treats.
    3. Passing gas in public is nothing to be ashamed of.
    4. New shoes are an absolute necessity every 6 weeks.
    5. Ignore cues. They're just a prompt to do more work.
    6. Everyone loves a good, wet, slobbery kiss.
    7. Never run when you can jog. Never jog when you can walk. And never walk when you can stand still.
    8. Heaven is eating for at least 10 hours a day... and then sleeping the rest.
    10. Eat plenty of roughage.
    11. Great legs and a nice rear will get you anywhere. Big, brown eyes help too.
    12. When you want your way, stomp hard on the nearest foot.
    13. In times of crisis, take a poop.
    14. Act dumb when faced with a task you don't want to do.
    15. Follow the herd. That way, you can't be singled out to take the blame.
    16. A swift kick in the butt will get anyone's attention.
    17. Love those who love you back, especially if they have something good to eat.

poh2xv.gif
  • edited February 2006
    Customer Service

A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was rebooking a long line of inconvenienced travelers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS." The agent replied, "I am sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?" Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone, "May I have your attention please, " she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14." With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United agent, gritted his teeth and swore "F*** You!". Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too."

• edited February 2006
    This one has just come in so it is hot off the press and had me falling about with tears running down my face, bless my mate Nige for sending it.

Dear all,

I am sending this to you to warn you of something that happened to
    me. It happened at Sainsbury's in Emerson’s Green and it could happen to
    you. You have been warned:

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 18-year-old girls one blonde, one brunette come
    over to your car as you are packing your shopping in the boot. They both
    start wiping your windscreen with a rag and Windowlene, with their breasts
    almost falling out of their skimpy t-shirts. It is impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say, 'No' and instead ask
    you for a lift to the town centre. You agree and they get in the back seat.
    On the way, they start doing it with each other. Then one of them climbs
    over into the front seat and performs oral sex on you, while the other one
    steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen last Tuesday and Wednesday, twice on Thursday, again
    on Friday morning, and at lunchtime and after work. I had it stolen again
    on Saturday and also on Sunday.

So beware . . .

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    ROTFLMAO!!
  • edited February 2006
    Cat and Dog Diaries

EXCERPTS FROM A DOG'S DAILY DIARY:

8:00 a.m.Oh, boy! Dog food! My favorite!
    9:30 a.m.Oh, boy! A car ride! My favorite!
    9:40 a.m.Oh, boy! A walk! My favorite!
    10:30 a.m.Oh, boy! Getting rubbed and petted! My favorite!
    11:30 a.m.Oh, boy! Dog food! My favorite!
    Noon- Oh, boy! The kids! My favorite!
    1:00 p.m.Oh, boy! The yard! My favorite!
    4:00 p.m.Oh, boy! To the park! My favorite!
    5:00 p.m.Oh, boy! Dog food! My favorite!
    5:30 p.m.Oh, boy! Pretty Mums! My favorite!
    6:00 p.m.Oh, boy! Playing ball! My favorite!
    6:30 a.m.Oh, boy! Watching TV with my master! My favorite!
    8:30 p.m Oh, boy! Sleeping in master's bed! My favorite!

EXCERPTS FROM A CAT'S DAILY DIARY:

Day 183 of My Captivity: My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another house plant.

Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded; must try this at the top of the stairs.

In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair, must try this on their bed.

Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was. Hmmm, not working according to plan.

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary confinement throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. More importantly, I overheard that my confinement was due to my power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches.

The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit.

The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant, he speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the high metal room, his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Only a person who has owned a dog and a cat will know how frighteningly accurate these two accounts are....:hiding: :D
  • edited February 2006
    And why I only have dogs now!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Kow,

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

I'm laughing so hard I can barely type...or breath...LOVE it...soooo funny...can't....breath...

Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    I am still laughing at these jokes and my face hurts from laughing so hard! I was catching up on them all and there were a few I copied to send to friends and family members because I know that they would like to read them, too. I hope that was okay. Man! ROFLMAO!

Adiana:usflag:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I'm glad you read them, Adiana. Laughter being the best medicine and all.

Brigid