Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Winter joke thread

13»

Comments

• ^^^
    The buddhist monk approached a hotdog food truck. What did he ask for?

Nothing. :p

• @federica hahahaha, well, at least your bad karma is resulting on listening to the same bad joke multiple times, that gotta be some good karma! :lol:

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Who says the kamma is bad? It could be neutral. Which may in itself be simply monotonous....

• q: The buddhist monk approached a hotdog food truck. What did he ask for?

a: To get to the other side. (With thanks to KFC)

You cannot step twice into the same rivers.
    Bodhisattva Heraclitus
    http://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Heraclitus

dantepw
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

....and the vendor smiled and took the $20 bill from the monk and said "form is emptiness-emptiness is form" and took off up the street...(The vendor had form ...in more ways than one :D )

lobsterVastmind

@Shoshin said:
    ....and the vendor smiled and took the $20 bill from the monk and said "form is emptiness-emptiness is form" and took off up the street...(The vendor had form ...in more ways than one and left the monk 'empty' handed:D )

rohit
  • empty tummy err empty of hotdog rather than empty of self.

( One for @Bunks :D )

"What do you call a field full of Australians? A vacant lot."

ZenshinBunksDairyLama
  • thug4lyfethug4lyfe Explorer

@Bunks said:

Kio ora bro!!!!

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@thug4lyfe said:

Wrong country mate but you're close.......we say "G'day cobber!" over here =)

Shoshin

@thug4lyfe said:
    kia ora bro

@thug4lyfe Keep saying that at the beginning of every post "Kia Ora" and it will really piss some people off no end, and in time your wish for a banning will no doubt be fulfilled :D

mmoVastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Oh Puh-leese! We have NEVER banned ANYONE for saying 'Kia Ora'.....

....yet..... :D

lobsterBunksmmodantepw
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

Here's a (fabricated, I think) Catholic joke that a priest at my Sister's parochial school told (bearing in mind the awfully banal commercials shown on American television):

The priest said he asked a bunch of kids somewhere what was meant by the Resurrection. One boy spoke up and said, "I don't know, but if it lasts for more than 4 hours, you better call the doctor."

WalkerShoshinrohitVastmind

Knock knock......

Shoshin

Who's there?

Lion

rohit

What's the difference between an optimist and a pessimist this time of year?

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves."
    BILL VAUGHAN

ShoshinWalkerVastmindrohit

As a promotion, some company offers free airline tickets. Once the aircraft has taken off and been in the air some minutes, an announcement comes over the public address speakers:

This aircraft is being completely controlled by recording devices. There are no pilots aboard. But you have absolutely nuh-nothing to worry about-t. Nothing can possibly go wrong... wrong... wrong...wrong... nnggg. ng... ng... ngh...

Shoshin
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

lol I came here today just to re-read this thread :)
    it's been below zero all day, every day for the past 11 days. Yesterday the windchill went down to -45F and I still had to walk my kids to the bus stop. I'm losing my sense of humor. Yay for wacky Buddhists ;)

VastmindShoshin
  • rohitrohit Maharrashtra Veteran
    edited January 2016

From the Dalai lama's speech.
    Dalai lama was telling about refugees from tibet who finally settled in Nepal. But due to poverty one women got converted to Christianity. But she was feeling very uneasy for that. Once upon she got chance to talk with Dalai lama. She told all story to Dalai lama. She told that she is so sorry to convert to other religion and asked to forgive. Finally she said that in next birth she will be definately born as Buddhist.
    But Dalai lama replied " How it can be possible! Chritians do not believe in rebirth."

In a bid to secure warmer temperatures in winters to come, some citizens of North Dakota —where wind-chill temperatures have recently dipped down to -50º F— are encouraging Donald Trump to pledge support for building a wall between Canada and the United States. The Republican primary is March 1st. Advocates are asking that a mile-high wall be built to keep out the cold air from the north in the winter and that it be engineered to be lowered to let out all the hot air in the summer. Proponents of this plan say that their idea makes a lot more sense than building a wall between Mexico and the US, and for two reasons: First, there are way too many liberals in Canada and we have enough already. And secondly, the idea of building a wall on our southern border is just stupid, as it's too easy to tunnel under walls, as proven already in high-security installments in Afghanistan.

If you didn't care for that joke, here's one even Worser:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/opinion/the-brutalism-of-ted-cruz.html?action=click&contentCollection=opinion&module=NextInCollection&region=Footer&pgtype=article&version=column&rref=collection/column/david-brooks&_r=0

So he's a CHrISIS... I'll say....

edited February 2016

"A drunk was standing at a noisy bar, when the bartender saw a man behind him having a heart attack, so he shouted out "Does anybody know CPR ???" The drunk feeling somewhat smug, yelled back "I do...in fact I know the whole alphabet !" :)

VastmindJeffreyNirvana