Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What music are you listening to?

Comments

• Sent to me today ...

Two great artists during the Seventies, who later played with average bands and changed their style and were lost.
    Watch Jerry Portnoy (Harmonica) and Pinetop Perkins (Piano).

Shoshinsilver
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Steeleye Span

"All around my hat"

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Talking Heads
    "Take me to the river"

And this one's for @lobster

lobster
    edited January 2018

"Moody Blues"

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

I accidentally started listening to Taylor Swift and now I'm hooked. >:(

lobster
  • lobster
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

^^ I'd love to know exactly where that was filmed... ^^

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

• Social media music ...

Shoshinnakazcid

Well that was unexpectedly fun....!

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

nakazcid

• adamcrossleyadamcrossley Veteran UK Veteran

@Kerome said:
    And Anderson Paak is the man of the moment.

Which track were you linking us to? I love love love Anderson .Paak. Malibu was my favourite album of 2017, apart from possibly Loyle Carner's Yesterday's Gone.

But I'd like to recommend this track from Nick Mulvey:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AIAQh7FNTUg

I always thought that I was my mind
    And this body too,
    Until I asked myself, what is looking
    Looking through?
    Then all my given names,
    They drift away.
    I watch them fade like tears in the rain,
    And here I am again
    Before you.

A very considered perspective, in my opinion.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I was watching his performance at the North sea Jazz Festival, he was doing Come Down on stage. I agree he was massively underrated...

ShoshinJeffrey

Different Strokes For Different Folks

JeffreyJeroen

JeffreyHozan
  • Riders On The Storm - Nigel Kennedy

JeffreyHozan
  • I accidentally started listening to Taylor Swift

Everything I have heard of hers is not to my taste. Just as I don't listen to gangsta, punk, heavy metal and stirring nationalism marches ... Maybe it is cathartic, maybe resonance to the discordant ...

I rather like internet radio for style based choice ...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_radio

• 14481448 Massachusetts New

I listen to a bit of everything. Lately it's been focused on electronic/ambient music, which I can tune out if I'm doing something like reading. But I enjoy remixes of previous songs.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8BMisJL2RLs

This probably shows my age more than anything (being that I'm young), but college does that :eh:

nakazcid
  • Shoshin
    edited March 2018

Arabian Waltz - The Silk Road Ensemble with Yo-Yo Ma

lobster

And just for the contrast... watch out for the awesome harmonica solo...

Electric Worry - Clutch

• NamadaNamada Veteran

Shoshinlobster
  • NamadaNamada Veteran

lobster

What can I say....Amazing

lobster
  • Really liked the Celtic Germanic music @Namada

World music is a great exploration ...

Namada

A coworker of mine introduced me to Huddie Ledbetter.

Shoshin
  • Passed on and enjoyed

Jeroen
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited April 2018

Here is another cross cultural offering ... as used by British Airways and other advertisers ... from Lakme (Lakshmi) by Delibes

Something a bit more classical... which I sometimes enjoy especially on a quiet morning

@lobster said:
    Here is another cross cultural offering ... as used by British Airways and other advertisers ... from Lakme (Lakshmi) by Delibes

Opera: The silent oppressor and killer of women.

Lakme is not mentioned in the article. Lakme also kills herself.

lobster

New Ghost.

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited April 2018

Reading books from Meister Eckhart and the desert fathers I stumbled over this hymn,
    many of their teachings are simmilar to buddhism
    "To be full of things is to be empty of God.
    To be empty of things is to be full of God".

lobsterFosdick
  • Lee82Lee82 Veteran

My music has been 100% contemporary classical for the past few weeks, mostly piano. Artists include Phaime Gow, Alexis Ffrench, Alexandra Chapman Campbell, Lambert and Yiruma. Favourite track today is Song of the Evening by ACC:

• Wear Sunscreen

federica
    edited April 2018

I love that 'song'. "Be kind to your knees...." :D
    I am currently enjoying daily snatches of Classic FM; I have just listened to Elgar's 'Enigma Variations; Nimrod' and shed a tear. We played it at my father's remembrance service. He was present, I am sure, in more ways than one.

• I am on retreat at the moment. Listening to a lot of music on the hype machine app on my 4 speaker tablet. Lobster retreats are not conventional ...
    Normally don't listen to as much music as I might ...
    Classic FM or Gold in the car ...

... must give my wireless earphones more of a usage. Just like silence, sounds of the journey/environment ... it has a rhythm ...

meanwhile ...

• GhostDogGhostDog Explorer

• TsultrimTsultrim Hawaii Veteran

I got a James Bondi whiff from it. Thanks

• NeridaNerida Denmark Explorer

Brothers in arms by Dire Straits today

• Lee82Lee82 Veteran

No link as the music isn't on YouTube yet, but really liking the latest album by Giovanni Allevi called Equilibrium. There are some fantastic tracks and he's my favourite newly-discovered contemporary composer. It's in Apple Music and I guess will be on other music streaming services if you want to search it out. A Life in a Day is my go to favourite so far.

Michael Bolotin.... Avec hair. What an international sensation that proved to be, when he cut it all off!

federica

On a less spiritual level, but damn, it's really, really clever.....

Shoshinlobster