Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What music are you listening to?

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

:)

No it is called 4mins 33secs. Hopefully this more dynamic version with a choir will be available in NZ

https://www.britannica.com/topic/433-by-Cage

I believe it could also be chanted with the following example mantra:

• They open doorways that I thought were shut for good
    They read me Gurdjieff and Jesu
    They build up my body, break me emotionally
    It's nearly killing me, but what a lovely feeling!
    I love the whirling of the dervishes
    I love the beauty of rare innocence
    You don't need no crystal ball
    Don't fall for a magic wand
    We humans got it all, we perform the miracles

nakazcid
  • Mera nasim-e tu bayad.
    Sabah koja ke nist?

I need your breeze.
    Where is not the morning breeze?

http://chishti.ru/dervish-song.htm

In India the dervishes teach by song and dance. Just as the air moves from stillness and silence ... Are they our music or are we their attunement? Where is the lost chord that binds us?

• Mera nasim-e tu bayad.
    Sabah koja ke nist?

I need your breeze.
    Where is not the morning breeze?

http://chishti.ru/dervish-song.htm

In India the dervishes teach by song and dance. Just as the air moves from stillness and silence ... Are they our music or are we their attunement? Where is the lost chord that binds us?

• nakazcidnakazcid Somewhere in Dixie, y'all Veteran

Thanks @Jeffrey I needed some Kate Bush this morning.

• yagr
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Jeroen
  • VimalajātiVimalajāti Whitby, Ontario Veteran
    edited August 2018

I didn't know how to delete my double post, so now it is it's own sentence.

Jeffreynakazcid
  • Right now? Slayer actually.

I'm not a big David Mathews fan, but this is a great meditation on mortality.

edited August 2018

The Doors (....of perception)

• RojehoRojeho CT Explorer

"Warrior Dance"
    Idris Ackamoor & The Pyramids.
    Jazz Fusion, pretty funky!

Relax in the Buddha's Lounge

lobster
    edited September 2018

Gui

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

• GuiGui Veteran
    edited September 2018

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Chas & Dave.

Chas Hodges (The Piano-player of the duo) sadly died of Cancer on the 22nd of September. Sadly missed, their music is incomparable, unique and immediately likeable. This song has to be one of their finest pieces.

• I watched Olafur Arnalds last night in Manchester, incredible. If you ever get a chance to watch him then you absolutely should!

Closed out with this one, the first he ever composed when he was a teenager:

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I came across the Esbjorn Svensson Trio some years ago, and unfortunately the lead musician Esbjorn Svensson died in a small plane crash in the Baltic. So the Trio broke up just as they were starting to become a big name, but a lot of their old concerts are still on YouTube. I particularly like this set from the Leverkusener Jazztage.

And I love this German song... its a decade old but still good

lobster

I looked out across / The river today / I saw a city in the fog and an old church tower / Where the seagulls play / I saw the sad shire horses walking home / In the sodium light / I saw two priests on the ferry / October geese on a cold winter's night

And all this time, the river flowed / Endlessly to the sea / Two priests came round our house tonight / One young, one old, to offer prayers for the dying / To serve the final rite / One to learn, one to teach / Which way the cold wind blows / Fussing and flapping in priestly black / Like a murder of crows

And all this time, the river flowed / Endlessly to the sea

If I had my way I'd take a boat from the river / And I'd bury the old man, I'd bury him at sea / Blessed are the poor, for they shall inherit the earth / Better to be poor than a fat man in the eye of a needle / And as these words were spoken I swear I hear / The old man laughing / 'What good is a used up world and how could it be / Worth having'

And all this time the river flowed / Endlessly like a silent tear / And all this time the river flowed / Father, if Jesus exists, / Then how come he never lived here

The teachers told us, the Romans built this place / They built a wall and a temple, on the edge of an empire garrison town / They lived and they died, they prayed to their gods / But the stone gods did not make a sound / And their empire crumbled, 'til all that was left / Were the stones the workmen found

And all this time the river flowed / In the falling light of a northern sun / If I had my way I'd take a boat from the river / Men go crazy in congregations / But they only get better / One by one / One by one...

• Sting, "All This Time"

lobsterJeroen
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited October 2018

Heard this playing in a story and fell in love. (Don't watch the video if you're epileptic.)

• Featured in Dr Who 'Rosa' episode ...

Nataraj dancing meditation music

One of Michael Jackson’s more underrated songs...

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

This is more about dance, but this video mashup to Uptown Funk really highlights how good many of the old time dancers were, they just need an updated dance track.

Jeroen

Jeroen
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@person, I'm pretty sure it's been posted before, but (if so) frankly, I for one am happy to see it repeated! Love it!

lobster

My music for this evening... to calm me down after an ill-advised foray into action movies

• Many thanks to everyone who posts here <3

Music is a mood changer as @Kerome mentions. Some music styles or videos are not to our needs/taste. I feel music that breaks our patterns or aligns us with a new pattern is most useful. The other day I put on my bluetooth headphones and sat at the back of a noisy bus with my ipod.

Cacoon.

On the whole, when out I tend not to do this.
    Sounds of the city/life are a music of sorts too ...
    However when fireworks become the norm around here I find this music thread to explore ... ???????‍♀️??

meanwhile ...
    https://tricycle.org/trikedaily/good-vibrations-a-buddhist-music-playlist/

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

dj sammy & yanou featuring do:heaven. a wonderful brian adams cover.
    wiz khalifa: reach for the stars featuring bone thugs n harmony.

• DimmesdaleDimmesdale Illinois Explorer

this is pretty good.....

• GuiGui Veteran
    edited November 2018

--just an old guy trying to put in a url address - attempt 1

• GuiGui Veteran

edited November 2018

Enjoyed this, much more fun with subtitles.
    Puccini’s complete La Boheme, if you have a couple of hours