Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Small blessings

KannonKannon NAMU AMIDA BUTSUAch-To Veteran

I have found throughout my (infantile) spiritual journey that the best teachings and awareness come from the smallest sights and things. In my moms backyard I always see the same 3 birds nests. On my dad's front steps I can see Orion. When I was younger and struggling with the worst of my depression I would always keep an eye out for the first dandelions of the year, ladybugs meandering, children playing carefree, etc etc.

What are some small blessings you have seen lately?

lobsterJaySonBunksFosdick

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

For me, the extraordinary is found in exactly all those ordinary things. All of life and the universe is contained within them, which is pretty fascinating.
    I endlessly marvel at the precise change of seasons. Right now it is winter here, and the ability of the snow to naturally filter our are is wonderful. The cold, crisp nights allow for perfect start and aurora viewing. I find the simple complexity of a plant coming from a seed to be a wonder to behold every spring. What it has taken for our planet to be what it is is just astounding. But each a tiny, simple "miracle" of wonder itself.

Bunks
  • JaySonJaySon Florida Veteran

Lately everything has been a masterpiece to me. My cat is a masterpiece. My wife is a masterpiece. I am a masterpiece. Trees are a masterpiece. The beach is a masterpiece.

• TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran

Well this unusually warm winter is definitely a blessing but on a serious note, I find my practice to be similar to yours. You have shared the simplicity in your practice a few times now and I’m the same in that regard. My small blessings are the sights and sounds when I am mindfully walking around the city. Toronto is a bit of a concrete jungle so I try to take the more green routes so I can enjoy the trees, plants, birds and squirrels running around.

Kannon
  • KannonKannon NAMU AMIDA BUTSU Ach-To Veteran

These are some awesome blessings, thanks for sharing (: I especially like the tire @lobster, I've always been interested in helping urban wildlife.

As a poet I've found that the best way to appreciate the blessings I see is to write about them. I'll scrounge some up and post them in the poetry thread, then link them here.

Bunks
  • Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran
    edited January 2017

-Waking up refreshed...

BunksVastmindlobsterwojciech
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

I see the sea
    I see the waves
    I see the sky
    I see the birds
    I see the trees
    I see the leaves
    I see other sentient beings
    I see life doing its own thing
    And occasionally I glimpse Buddha Nature
    I see form
    I see emptiness

TiggerwojciechBunks
  • Breath is a small blessing (highly recommended in Dharma)
    Silence is a great/small blessing.
    The capacity and inclination to be kind is ... wait just a minute ... there are no small blessings [lobster faints]

wojciechkarasti
  • Air to breathe!

Socks!

A pot to piss in and a window to throw it out of...haaaa

there are no small blessings...love it @lobster !

BunkslobsterKundo
  • Window? Luxury!

Yep time for a reminder from the four Yorkshiremen ...

• Humour. Humour is a blessing ...

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

We have had snow every day for the past several days. Usually we think of snow as softly falling fluff. But when you remember snow is really tiny bits of ice, it makes music when it falls. We had some of that lovely snow globe type of snow yesterday, and I stood outside for a long time, sitting in the snowbank, listening to it fall. It sounds like tiny crystals as it falls through the sleeping tree branches. It's quite amazing. The soundscape of our world is amazing.

Our yard this morning

TiggerlobsterBunksFosdick
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Beautiful @Tigger

Tigger
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Naaaw @Tigger she's adorbs :heart:

_ /\ _

TiggerBunks