Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Refreshing the look of NewBuddhist in 2019

2»

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

Safari showed "best of" as a reader file only for some time.

• QuidditchQuidditch Earth Explorer

Is the picture problem why I can't change my avatar from the default? It says "Whoops! There was an error." every time I try.

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

Yes, the picture problem relates to avatars also.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Talking of refreshing ...

I sign in (on iPad tablet) and I do not appear to be in (no list of new discussions, no avatar) I click on the refresh URL icon in Safari browser, a half circle with arrow) I am now signed in ...

Hope that helps @Linc

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I was working on a long new post on the iPad, and suddenly I get a window like the sign-in window, except that it is only a blank rectangle. My router drops my WiFi, and when I return to the “new post” URL my message is gone and auto save hasn’t worked...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Bother.

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

@lobster said:
    I sign in (on iPad tablet) and I do not appear to be in (no list of new discussions, no avatar) I click on the refresh URL icon in Safari browser, a half circle with arrow) I am now signed in ...

I've seen the same just on my laptop browser, so I think this is some sort of caching issue, not browser-related.

@Kerome said:
    I was working on a long new post on the iPad, and suddenly I get a window like the sign-in window, except that it is only a blank rectangle. My router drops my WiFi, and when I return to the “new post” URL my message is gone and auto save hasn’t worked...

That sounds like a local network issue, not a website issue. Don't think there's anything I can do about that.

There was a very low size limit on image uploads since I moved servers (2 MB). I've now fixed it to be 50 MB again. If you took a photo on your phone and it said it was too big to add to a post, this fixed that.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

If I had a third of your know-how, I'd be happy...! Thank you @Linc.... :)

@federica said:
    If I had a third of your know-how, I'd be happy...! Thank you @Linc.... :)

Hmmm, if I had a third of the know-how of the theme developers that work for me, the new theme would be done already. :lol: A true "empty your cup" moment when you realize all your knowledge from 2012 no longer applies.

lobster

That's the problem with Technology nowadays... the hard drive's barely warmed up and already it's O.O.D...!

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Here to help ...

Now you’re making me wistful for Tenant.

lobster
    edited July 2019

I figured out the new theme on our sister site Icrontic, so things are moving right along. :) Expect the same layout but our traditional (much tamer) colors here.

@Linc, any idea when...? Looking forward to the re-vamp!

@federica said:
    @Linc, any idea when...? Looking forward to the re-vamp!

It will probably take me 4-6 hours, so the next time I have a free weekend / holiday. Could be a week, could be a couple months, we'll see. :)