Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What movies are you watching?

1235»

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Erin Brockovich. Just a fabulous film. No sex, no violence, and such a feelgood movie!

Bunkslobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@federica

Rebel is loosely based on Erin Brockovich. Also feelgood.

Bunks
  • yagryagr Veteran

We can't watch movies. Currently, we're on episode 174 of 208 in the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic line-up. This is our eleventh time thru. Had hoped, you know, with 'ten' being a round number and all, that we might stop there but....no.

BunksShoshin1federica
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@lobster said:
    @federica

Rebel is loosely based on Erin Brockovich. Also feelgood.

I'm slightly fogged as to why Erin Brockovich would sanction and produce a movie "loosely based" upon her life, when Julia Roberts' earlier eponymous film was so spectacularly successful... still, where there's muck, there's brass...

• JeroenJeroen Do it with a smile Netherlands Veteran

Rebel is a tv series, not a movie…

lobster

Ok, well... ditto...

• personperson Don't believe everything you think the liminal space Veteran

I liked the Hulu series Devs, interesting stuff that ties into a topic that comes up here now and then.

And if anyone is into the Marvel stuff I thought the new Loki series was really good, far better than the other two new ones.

lobster
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think the liminal space Veteran

@yagr said:
    We can't watch movies. Currently, we're on episode 174 of 208 in the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic line-up. This is our eleventh time thru. Had hoped, you know, with 'ten' being a round number and all, that we might stop there but....no.

They call you Bronies. I've never watched it myself but I've actually heard really positive reviews about the show.

This looks good, don’t know when I will get to see it

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Ooh … new Suicide Squad film.
    Such fun if you like gratuitous dark comedy violence … fortunately I do …

It’s about time that someone made a TV series of Asimov’s Foundation books. Really looking forward to this, coming to Apple TV+ on 24 September.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I don’t get the whole Marvel comic / superhero stuff.

I work in IT and have to listen to grown men discuss the latest Star Wars / Avengers etc films.

I’m polite but I am always tempted to remind them they’re not 9 years old anymore.

Anyways, each to their own…..

Shoshin1

@Bunks said:
    I don’t get the whole Marvel comic / superhero stuff.

I work in IT and have to listen to grown men discuss the latest Star Wars / Avengers etc films.

I’m polite but I am always tempted to remind them they’re not 9 years old anymore.

Anyways, each to their own…..

To a certain extent I agree with you, it’s a kind of nostalgia. I rarely read fiction these days, and the non-fiction I read tends to be self-development and spiritual stuff. That’s where I spend most of my time, but sometimes I like a little entertainment and I diverge for a few hours into things I used to like when I was younger.

But for proper sci fi I make an exception. Science fiction broadens the mind, as long as it doesn’t become a backdrop for some kind of horror tale. Interstellar, The Martian, Ex Machina, every once in a while a good film comes along. And I hope Foundation belongs to that list as well.

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@Bunks said:

The Suicide Squad is not suitable for 9 year olds. It has the same humour as Deadpool. Very dark humour. Just for the record.

Not everyones cup of tea for sure.

Bunks

@Bunks said: I’m polite but I am always tempted to remind them they’re not 9 years old anymore.

My Mum once said to me -
    "It doesn't matter what job they have, how much they earn, what car they drive, whose clothes label they wear or what kind of house they live in; They're NINE years old. Always."

You obviously didn't get the memo, @Bunks ...

JeroenBunkslobster

I watched this the other day, Terry Gilliams latest film The Man Who Killed Don Quichote. With Adam Driver and a host of other well-known faces. I quite enjoyed it.

Bunks