Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

No Buddhist Quotes

18910111214»

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

“God respects me when I work
    But he loves me when I sing.”

— Rabindranath Tagore

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

“In India, bhajan (the singing of holy songs) has been until recent times practically the only social function in the villages. Evenings the men gather, squatting or sitting on the ground in a circle with their chillums (pipes) and a harmonium, a set of tabla (drums), perhaps a serangi or violin (stringed instruments) and cymbals… and they take turns singing the stories of the holy beings such as Krishna and Ram. Night after night they participate in this simple pastime, keeping themselves close to the Spirit.
    It is often startling to a Westerner to realize that it is not the beauty of the voice but the purity of the spirit of the singer that is revered by these people. It was only when music was profaned that it became a vehicle for gratification of the senses. Prior to that it was a method of communion with the Spirit.”

— Ram Dass, Be Here Now

“There are no impediments to meditation. The very thought of such obstacles is the greatest impediment.”

— Ramana Maharshi

Jeffrey
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Sentient Being Oceania Veteran

"Tears are prayers too, they travel to Allah when you can't find the words"

~Rumi~

lobster

“We live in a kind of dark age, craftily lit with synthetic light, so that no one can tell how dark it has really gotten.”

— Martin Prechtel

“The ego is only a bit of consciousness that floats on an ocean of dark things. The dark things are the inner things.”

— C. G. Jung

“Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.”
    — Rumi

What is the Path?

A self-sacrificing way,
    But also a warrior’s way, and not
    For brittle, easily-broken, glass-bottle people.
    The soul is tested here by sheer terror,
    As a sieve sifts and separates
    Genuine from fake.

And this road is full of footprints!
    Companions have come before.
    They are your ladder.
    Use them!
    Without them you won’t have the spirit-quickness
    You need. Even a dumb donkey
    Crossing a desert becomes nimble-footed
    With others of its kind.

Stay with a caravan. By yourself,
    You’ll get a hundred times more tired,
    And fall behind

lobster
  • DhammikaDhammika Veteran

This quote speaks to me right now. (Since I've painfully burned something down in my life, that I hope clears the way for better Moon sightings)

marcitkoDagobahZenlobster
    edited May 30

“Without roses, what is the point of wheat?”
    — Osho

He was discussing Gandhi’s uprooting of the roses in the pots in his commune to grow a few stalks of wheat, and bringing in the saying ‘man does not live by bread alone’, but rather than saying man needs God in reply, he tells about beauty, perfume, colour…

“The real world is beyond the mind's ken; we see it through the net of our desires, divided into pleasure and pain, right and wrong, inner and outer. To see the universe as it is, you must step beyond the net. It is not hard to do so, for the net is full of holes.”

— Nisargadatta

lobster

“But Anugraho, questions will go on coming. In the mind, questions arise just as new leaves come out of trees. One question disappears, another question comes up. Mind is a factory for producing questions.
    If no question arises, then the question will be: "What is happening? No question is arising, something must be wrong."
    You have to be aware that mind is the question. What form it takes is immaterial.”
    — Osho

“One should live totally, intensely, joyously and just like an open book, available for anybody to read it. Of course you will not make a name in the history books. But what is the point in making a name in the history books?
    Live, rather than think of being remembered. You will be dead.”
    — Osho

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Sentient Being Oceania Veteran

"The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change."
    ~Carl Rogers~

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 13

~

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 13

Dear Free Friends,

Just for now.
    I will be singing with the Dawn Chorus. I will be voting for the Greens. I will be meditating with the Buddhas. I will be typing from LibreOffice.
    For the future.
    Dancing with robots. Synchronising with Alien AI. Creating Darker matter.
    Being a portal through 11 or more dimensions.
    Join me?
    Completely broken? Piece of meat? X-X? Welcome.
    You may be:
    They. Other. Incomplete. Welcome.

Did I make sense? Does anything?
    Onward and upward, sideways and inward...

“I have no teachings, only a tremendous fire in my heart.”
    — Osho