Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

No Buddhist Quotes

191011121315»

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation" ~ Jonathan Lawson

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

“Most people die long before their actual death. People die nearabout the age of thirty, although their actual death may happen nearabout eighty. For fifty years they appear to be alive, but there is no life in them, no song in them, no dance in them. Why they are living, they know not.”
    — Osho, Zarathustra: A God That Can Dance

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

“When I occasionally quote the words of Jesus or the Buddha, from A Course in Miracles or from other teachings, I do so not in order to compare, but to draw your attention to the fact that in essence there is and always has been only one spiritual teaching, although it comes in many forms.”
    — Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

“I cannot tell you any spiritual truth that deep within you don't know already. All I can do is remind you of what you have forgotten. Living knowledge, ancient and yet ever new, is then activated and released from within every cell of your body.”

“It wasn't through the mind, through thinking, that the miracle that is life on earth or your body were created and are being sustained. There is clearly an intelligence at work that is far greater than the mind. How can a single human cell measuring 1/1,000 of an inch across contain instructions within its DNA that would fill 1,000 books of 600 pages each? The more we learn about the workings of the body, the more we realize just how vast is the intelligence at work within it and how little we know.”

You can't be a resource for others unless you nourish yourself. ~ Alexendra Stoddard

lobster

“It is better to read one book a hundred times, than it is to read a hundred books once.”
    — Chinese proverb

“Because we live in such a mind-dominated culture, most modem art, architecture, music, and literature are devoid of beauty, of inner essence, with very few exceptions. The reason is that the people who create those things cannot -- even for a moment -- free themselves from their mind. So they are never in touch with that place within where true creativity and beauty arise. The mind left to itself creates monstrosities, and not only in art galleries. Look at our urban landscapes and industrial wastelands. No civilisation has ever produced so much ugliness.”
    — Eckhart Tolle

“The central core of all your mind activity consists of certain repetitive and persistent thoughts, emotions, and reactive patterns that you identify with most strongly. This entity is the ego itself.”
    — Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth

“Being one with life is being one with Now. You then realize that you don't live your life, but life lives you. Life is the dancer, and you are the dance.”
    — Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth

“What the seeker has sought, has been found. But the seeker has disappeared.”
    — Kabir

“But every child has to follow so many things, so many people, that by the time he has grown up, become adult, it is too late – the personality has taken over, and the individuality is forgotten.”
    — Osho

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Sentient Being Oceania Veteran

"The best revenge is not to be like your enemy"
    ~Marcus Aurelius~

marcitkolobster

“Now rejoice, dance, sing as a gratitude to existence. What else can we do to show our gratitude? Words are useless, because existence does not understand any language. It understands only your joy, your blissfulness, your ecstasy... not in words, but in your experiencing them.”
    — Osho

“In every speck of dust there are innumerable Buddhas shining in innumerable universes.”
    — Poonjaji

“The seers of the Upanishad have the best expression for it. They call man, amritasya putrah: sons and daughters of immortality. You are not born out of a mother’s womb; you are not born out of a father, a mother; they have been just a passage for the immortality to take shape. They have given you your blood, your bones, but they have not given you your life. Your life has always been here.”
    — Osho

• LostieLostie Veteran

“This is the clue I can give to you: stop your activity. This is called Love, and Happiness, and Nirvana. Stay like this in Satsang and outside also. Thank your stars that your mind even wanted to come to Satsang! This is quite enough because mind attached to senses is trouble, and mind detached from senses is Freedom.”
    — Poonjaji

lobster
  • “Not only is the Universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@marcitko

I knews it! Explains a lot... though I am not sure what or how to understand it...

The good news is, the usual bubble inflaters, try to moneterise AI (which will in due time become increasing helpful). In a lot of ways, it already is. Still has a long way to get even as far as Mars, let alone to the Stars where the Buddhas from other dimensions await...

Anyways I am in mourning because a penguin died...
    To quote Siri "I can not help you. Today!"

marcitkoShoshin1

“A people are as healthy and confident as the stories they tell themselves. Sick storytellers can make nations sick. Without stories we would go mad. Life would lose it’s moorings or orientation... Stories can conquer fear, you know. They can make the heart larger.”
    ― Ben Okri

lobster
  • paulysotoopaulysotoo usa Veteran

from a fortune cookie, it has served my dao finances: count your gain, count your loss,but never greedy. everything will be fine.

“My sannyasins celebrate everything. Celebration is the foundation — not renunciation but rejoicing; rejoicing in all the beauties, all the joys, all that life offers, because this whole life is a gift of God… The old religions have taught you to renounce life. They are all life-negative; their whole approach is pessimistic. They are all against life and its joys. To me, life and God are synonymous. In fact, life is a far better word than God itself, because God is only a philosophical term, while life is real, existential. The word ‘God’ exists only in scriptures; it is a word, a mere word. Life is within you and without you — in the trees, in the clouds, in the stars. This whole existence is a dance of life. I teach love for life.”
    — Osho

“Society represses the individual by making the individual repress themselves.”
    — anonymous (1970’s counterculture)

lobsterShoshin1

“What’s most in the way of approaching Osho is the model of the saint. Centuries of Christian conditioning have drilled it into everyone this is the way a ‘spiritual’ person behaves – when they are not going off into their precious alternative reality, they creep around like Goody Two Shoes. For Osho, just as much as for Nietzsche, this is a complete perversion of the religious impulse. The Christian saint is a product of class society: the Christian saint is an advert for slavery. Destruction of this whole, ultimately political, account of spiritual life is the sine qua non of any new sense of the sacred appearing today.”
    — Sam

“I am the original hippie.”
    — Osho

“What appears is all a dream. Know the one who is witnessing. That is the truth.”
    — Rajneesh

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Sentient Being Oceania Veteran

Wealth is like saltwater, the more we drink, the more we thirst
    ~Schopenhauer~

Jeroen

“A good way to tell if you love someone is to see if their presence makes you happy.”
    — me

@Jeroen said:
    “A good way to tell if you love someone is to see if their presence makes you happy.”
    — me

I'll challenge that a bit and say that its a good way to see if you like someone. I can think of family that don't make me particularly happy but I want good for them. The inverse, someone who makes me happy that I don't love, seems harder. But I can imagine something like a celebrity you like, or an entertainer who's show you're at. They make you happy, but they're still kind of a stranger to you and not much thought goes into their well being.

lobster

“I am not against talking, but your talking should not be empty. I am not even against gossiping. I myself gossip so much. But let your gossiping also be creative, not destructive. Let your gossiping also have a quality of poetry and creativity in it. Gossip about god. What are gospels? Gossips about god. Gossip about truth, gossip about beauty, gossip about grace, grandeur. Gossip about this wonder that surrounds you. Gossip about the unknown.
    What do you do with your gossiping? You are very destructive. People gossip only as a means to destroy others, to hurt others. Don’t be aggressive; then nothing is wrong in gossiping.”
    — Osho