I have been practising Buddhism for over 20 years but am realising I'm drawn more and more to the belief in God and "religion".
Why? Here are some reasons (I'll try to keep them short).
1. In Buddhism I feel alone and everything is kind of meaningless and unreal. Yes, I can possibly find meaning in Buddhahood and following Bodhisattva path. But there is no inherent purpose in the universe. In contrast, God created the world and humans on purpose, and they are good.
2. I doubt more and more whether Buddhism is a viable "life path". It encourages too much detachment. It doesn't have rules and everything is too subjective. No objective right and wrong
3. It is too easy to use meditation and Buddhism as spiritual bypassing, something that I think is my case.
4. Belief in gurus/teachers and all the pitfalls of that.
5. Encouraging questioning everything may lead to self-doubt and inability of making decisions.
6. I feel often meditation for me leads to lack of motivation and a kind of disorientation.
I could possibly go on.
I'm not really writing this to argue those points, more to see if there any people on here who feel or felt similar, and resolved them by either re-committing to Dharma in a new way or embracing another faith like Christianity or Islam.