Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Time is....

I am not a follower of Thich Nhat Hann. However, a thread from Phoenix Rising and Thriving fluttered by and settled in my tree.
Within this thread contained on of Thich Nhat Hann's "gems". Essentially, it said that whith some may say "time is money", but in truth, Time is life; That sitting quietly can be profoundly healing....
I pondered his words and some of the comments. From that I felt the need to share my tiny bit of mud.

**Money is a physical thing
Time is ephemeral.
Time is beyond fiscal measure.
Time can not be given or taken.
We must live.
In living, time has meaning.
Time is the peacefulness
of the babbling brook,
the beautyt of the blooming flower,
the serenity of the setting Sun,
Time is not measured by the ticking of the clock,
but by the depth of the heart

Please, all, take the time to just be.

Peace to all

Shoshin1SuraShineDavid

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Maybe someone else has said this somewhere and I just unconsciously "borrowed" it. Whenever someone says they're killing time, I always think, "you don't kill time, time kills you."

Shoshin1VastmindSuraShineDavid
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

You exchange your time for money is probably more true to say, but in reality time is illusion created by the mind, a handy shorthand for planning days and a tool for the mind while actually the Now merely changes and evolves. Tomorrow never comes, yesterday is dead and buried.

• @Jeroen
    Time is, as you say, a construct, used to "Measure" the flow of the moment(s). Yet since we are always, conscious or not, in the moment. In that sense, we only have the moment.
    Thus Time is as a wisp in the air. We reach out to grab it but there is nothing to grab.
    Time is a realty, a costruct and an illusion.
    As such, again, Time is life and Time is measured only by the depths of the heart.

• Is it time for peace and recycling billionaires/generals and other waste materials yet? :mrgreen:

Just askin' ... <3
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-65058100

Lionduck
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited April 2023

I've often wondered about zooming out the other side of the big bang. Would we eventually see more big bangs fill our view? If the big bang is like a space/time bubble and there are many co-existing at once, it would mean there would have to be a much larger or grander sense of time beyond the one we experience to account for the distance between big bangs or space/time bubbles.

I wonder how much time I've wasted on it.

lobsterLionduck