Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How was your day?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2005
    Hope everyone had a good Weekend!
    By the way, did anyone else see 'Kundrun' yesterday on UK TV?
    Martin Scorsese's adaptation of the Dalai Lamas life in, and escape from, Tibet.....?
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited November 2005
    I didn't see it. Is it a new movie that is out?

As for the holidays... I think I'm still trying to pass a beak.

-bf
  • edited November 2005
    federica wrote:
    Hope everyone had a good Weekend!
    By the way, did anyone else see 'Kundrun' yesterday on UK TV?
    Martin Scorsese's adaptation of the Dalai Lamas life in, and escape from, Tibet.....?

Indeed I did, I missed the first 20 minutes but the rest of it was well worth watching.
    Think I'll stick it on my Xmas list !!

Buddhafoot, I think it's a few years old so it's available on DVD.
    edited November 2005
    Thanks for the info, Frizzer.

By the way, I think (by your recommendation) I rented Spring, Summer, somthin, somthin.. Spring.

Good movie. I think some of the leaps it made were a little.... drastic. But enjoyable nonetheless.

I don't know that I will watch it as many times as I have the ending of The Matrix - but who knows!

-bf
  • edited November 2005
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Thanks for the info, Frizzer.

By the way, I think (by your recommendation) I rented Spring, Summer, somthin, somthin.. Spring.

Good movie. I think some of the leaps it made were a little.... drastic. But enjoyable nonetheless.

I don't know that I will watch it as many times as I have the ending of The Matrix - but who knows!

-bf

Yeah, it does suddenly leap forward a few years and you're expected to understand what's happened in the mean time.
    Fortunately I was warned about that when my group recommended it! Mind you, I like Japanese horror films as well and they always jump around all over the place - anyone that's seen "Ju-On" (the original version of "The Grudge") will know what I mean !
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2005
    buddhafoot wrote:
    I didn't see it. Is it a new movie that is out?

As for the holidays... I think I'm still trying to pass a beak.

-bf

http://www.tibet.ca/en/wtnarchive/1998/1/30_2.html

Will give you a review of the film, that was released in 1998.

What the heck is 'passing a beak' - ??!?
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited November 2005
    federica wrote:

What the heck is 'passing a beak' - ??!?

He obviously upset the family and only got the beak and feet of the turkey! Why am I not surprised?
    edited November 2005
    Aaah... Indeed. I hadn't actually thought of it as lavatorial.....
    Hello..... we've found the level......:rolleyesc
    edited November 2005

He obviously upset the family and only got the beak and feet of the turkey! Why am I not surprised?

Thanks for helping Einstein along with this one, Simon.

-bf

P.S. I had to pass on the feet. Ouch!
  • edited November 2005
    Any way, back on topic (ignore this post if you want to stay off topic!)

My day was OK.
    1st lesson was English - which is my fav. subject - at some point will someone remind me to post my poems, I've written a couple in English that my teacher said were worthy of publishing - one happens to be about the Buddha
    2nd lesson was Music - not my best subject so I'll move on right away.
    3rd lesson was Science - Physics to be exact - I had a test. It went OK, but could of gone better.
    4th lesson was German - again I'm pretty poor so I'll move along
    5th lesson was Dance - which I can't take part in because I have a dodgy foot, I have an opperation on wednesday to sort that out.... my dance teacher never remembers and I have to show her a not EVERY lesson, quite annoying!

Then I came home, blah blah blah, pretty much boring thereafter...
    edited November 2005
    Is this a big operation, Sangha?
  • edited November 2005
    No, I'm having my nail removed, I'll be at home from wed-fri, but then I'll be OK!
    edited November 2005
    Sangha wrote:
    No, I'm having my nail removed, I'll be at home from wed-fri, but then I'll be OK!

Would you like to be added to the list of those I remember at my daily practice for healing and wellness?
    edited November 2005
    Oh, definitely, that would be my automatic instinct....! sounds like a persistent ingrowing toenail..... nasty things!
    All the very best to you, Mark! let us know how it goes! :)
  • edited November 2005
    Oh, thank you both! Errmm.... the opp is pretty simple, but yeah daily healing would be very kind of you! Actually on second thoughts, never mind - the longer it takes to heal, the longer I have off school!

Yes, it is an ingrown toenail, but my feet are generally bad, you know all dead skin you get on your toes? (I know, I'm gross!) well, on my feet the sking grows at an abnormally fast rate and peels itself off, ewww! Sorry, if anyone was eating when they read that!
  • edited November 2005
    I had it! It wasn't too bad. The worst part was definatly when the injected the anesthetic...
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited November 2005
    I had the same operation when I was 12. Fun stuff!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Would you like to be added to the list of those I remember at my daily practice for healing and wellness?

Simon,
    I would. I'm not completely healed from my accident over a year ago. Going to the pain clinic next week. Will know more then.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited November 2005
    Good to hear, Mark! I've had them ripped out with no anesthetic. That hurts! But it is quick and over with. Accidents at home, no doctor did it.

And nothing grosses me out! well, maybe, naah I think I won't start on this thread.
    edited December 2005
    Jerbear wrote:
    Simon,
    I would. I'm not completely healed from my accident over a year ago. Going to the pain clinic next week. Will know more then.

Jerry, dear friend,

Your name is on my list now.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Thank you!
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited December 2005
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Tell me about it. After going through a divorce, I have even less respect for attorneys.

You know what a sperm cell and an attoryney have in common?

About 1 in 3,000,000 a chance of becoming a human being.

-bf
    ...My brother's an attorney ._. He passed the bar exam a few months ago, so maybe he's still innocent. >.>
    Anyway. I hope everyone gets better from all ailments! It seems like we're all sick ^_^;;
    edited December 2005
    Not very happy about Brenda being voted off 'X factor'.... too many hormonal silly air-headed teenage girls voting.... costing their parents a small fortune, no doubt, but at least, hey, the good-lookin' guys are through! Yech!!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Fede,
    Is that a new picture of you? I could swear you look just like Audrey Hepburn.
    edited December 2005
    Actually, when I was twenty years younger, if you squinted, and I stood against a bright light, with a following wind, the resemblance was uncanny....!! :grin: :rolleyes: :lol::lol:
  • edited December 2005
    I don't like fede's avatar. It creeps me out... like china dolls (there everywhere)
    edited December 2005
    Like yours is really the mut's....!

What's wrong with my Avatar? Do you know who she is, sangha? She is Class! She is Style! She is what every woman should aspire to! She's just fab!
  • edited December 2005
    I've changed my avatar now, I wonder how long it'll be until a staff member deletes it! lol!

She just creeps me out.
    edited December 2005
    federica wrote:
    She is what every woman should aspire to!

What? Vacuous?

-bf
  • edited December 2005
    I don't know who it is, so I'm just going to smile and nod.

*smiles and nods*
    edited December 2005
    buddhafoot wrote:
    What? Vacuous?

-bf

Neither Audrey Hepburn nor Holly Golightly could be called "vacuous"!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2005
    Neither Audrey Hepburn nor Holly Golightly could be called "vacuous"!

Who is Holly Golightly? Golitely? Did her grandfather make the product that we use to clean people out before surgery?
  • edited December 2005
    She was the lead Character in the film 'Breakfast at Tiffany's :)
    edited December 2005
    "Audrey Hepburn (May 4, 1929 – January 20, 1993) was an Anglo-Dutch actress, fashion model, and humanitarian. Born Audrey Kathleen Ruston in Brussels, Belgium, she was the only child of Joseph Anthony Ruston, an Anglo-Irish banker, and Baroness Ella van Heemstra, a Dutch aristocrat descended from French and English kings. Her father later appended the name Hepburn to his surname, and Audrey became Audrey Hepburn-Ruston at the same time. She had two half-brothers, Alexander and Ian Quarles van Ufford, by her mother's first marriage to a Dutch nobleman.

Far from only being a beautiful woman, Audrey was known for being humble, kind, funny and charming, and she lived the philosophy of putting others before herself. She showed this side particularly towards the end of her life in her tireless work for the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audrey_Hepburn

I hardly think she could be called 'vacuous'..... To my mind, she could be described as 'Buddhist'....!
    She was also the lead in 'My Fair Lady' with Sir Rex Harrison, a film which has become a classic, and rightly so.... Though her singing voice was dubbed in this musical, because it simply didn't have the 'oomph' needed, she sang 'Moon River' in Breakfast at Tiffany's' and was charming...George Peppard adored her, and Sir Rex worshipped her until the day he died.....
  • edited December 2005
    I'd heard of Audry Hepburn but never actually knew who she was...
    edited December 2005
    This quote is from the UNICEF site:
    Towards the end of the 1960s Hepburn retired from films to devote herself to family life, emerging only for a handful of films in the 1970s and 1980s. She devoted the final years of her life to UNICEF.
    "She knew better than anyone else that the recompense for such work lies in the eyes of those in need of succour," Sir Peter Ustinov wrote in the European. "It is they who bring it home, in all its simplicity, that such work is worthwhile."

She has also been honoured by a bronze statue at UNICEF Headquarters.

Link: http://www.unicef.org/specialsession/activities/hepburn.htm

A wonderful actress and a great humanitarian.
    edited December 2005
    I think what we're all saying is:

BF - apologise!! :grr: :lol::lol:
  • edited December 2005
    I just realised what BF stands for...
    edited December 2005
    Hmm? What?

What's going on here?

BF? Why it stands for Baudry Fepburn!

-bf
    edited December 2005
    Blinkin' Fool......:rolleyesc :D
  • edited December 2005
    I never said what I thought it stood for just that I had realised it's meaning.

You've been outsmarted by a child!
    edited December 2005
    And I never said that this is what I thought you thought it meant... I'm just calling him a Blinking Fool. You've been double outsmarted by an adult. You can't kid a kidder, kid....! :D
  • edited December 2005
    Today at school I asked out this girl with a note I told my friend to give to her. I got rejected (again). Besides that nothing exciting happened today.
  • edited December 2005
    Nirvanoob, do it yourself and you might find that the result is different next time. Even if it isn't, you'll feel better for not asking someone else to do it.
  • edited December 2005

That was directed to Buddha Foot.
    edited December 2005
    Well, Mother I definitely am, Buddhist? I try, but psychic I ain't! And if you don't specify, how's a gal to know?!? ;)
    edited December 2005
    Sangha wrote:

Oh yeah?

Well, I was telling you what it meant, not what you thought it meant.

You've been owned :PWNED: by an old man!

Zow! Take that, n00b.

-bf
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited December 2005
    I know I normally join in the insanity but Federica, Buddhafoot and Sangha need to say 2 nice things about the others.
    Fede is a very smart woman and has great insight
    Buddhafoot has a great sense of humor and can be quite sensitive when he wants to be.
    Sangha, you have enthusiasm and full of spunk.
    There that's how you do it.
    Please say something nice to each other.
    edited December 2005
    Aw Jerbear, we just joshin'... heck, if I didn't like the company, I wouldn't be here....!

BF is a deeply sensitive guy who has a tendency of getting funny when he fears he's getting too deep. But I know that if ever I needed anything and knocked at his door, he'd do anything without hesitation.

Sangha already knows I think he's an 'old head on young shoulders' and does much to keep me on my toes - then is after all, the kid he is, and Hooray for that!

As for everyone else on this forum, they are all a part and parcel of what keeps me sane and growing. And it's a wonderful growing experience because sometimes, just when i think I've got something, something else comes along and ever so gently hauls the rug from under my feet.... then at other times, i get the odd little 'lightbulb' moment, which makes each step (along the Path! See? It's here again!!) so very worthwhile....

besides, where else can we go and be insulted, but know that it's said 'with Love'....?:ukflag:
    edited December 2005
    Oh jeez... the group hug thing...

Thanks, Jer... thanks.

-bf