Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How was your day?

Comments

• edited February 2006
    Jerbear wrote:
    hatWay areay ouyay ayinsay? Iay on'tday understanday hatway ouy areay alkingtay aboutay?

Wage wagere sagayaging wagords agof agencagouragagemagent. Thagat's agall.

Iggy piggy - as spoken fluently by my mother, even when sober.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Jerry,

Fede said:

"Sabine..." Sabine (ha ha)
    "rapelle-toi...." remember yourself
    "parle lentement, pour te donner du temps à reflechir.... " speak slowly, to give yourself time to reflect
    "reste calme, soit sereine et souriante." stay calme, be serene and smiling.
    "Il faut que tu respires profondamment, et doucement." You must breathe deeply and softly.
    "Laisse que tes epaules soyent basses, et que tes mains restent douces sur tes jambes." Keep your shoulders down and rest your hands softly on your legs.
    "Surtout, sache que tout le monde a les mêmes soucis que toi.... et tu as l'avantage d'être la plus gentile....." Above all, know that everyone has the same worries as you....and you have the advantage of being the nicest.

And Knitwitch said:

"Ce n'est que quinze minutes ma chère - nous, on est obligé de le faire tous les jours! Bon courage ma petite!"

It's only fifteen minutes, my dear - us, we have to do it every day! Good courage my little one!

I was all set to do a smartass translation (it was HILARIOUS!!) but suddenly remembered Right Speech, so I had to settle for an atrocious translation. Pardonez-moi. My apologies.

Avec amour, with love,

Brigitte Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    Eh beh - elle est pas mal, elle, non?

Ooooooo she's a bit good her, innit?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    Ooooooo she's a bit good her, innit?

And this, Ladies and gentleman, from an English teacher...!! :rockon: :lol::lol:
  • edited February 2006
    It's my day off!
  • edited February 2006
    So far I think I've had a pretty good day. I went to a day retreat at the priory today which was being held as part of Rev Master Haryo's trip to the UK. He is a monk from the states and is the elected head of the order - the big cheese as it were.

The first session of zazen was agony as my feet started hurting. This was then put right by the walking meditation but then during the second sitting of the morning all the tea and coffee I'd drunk to keep myself awake (I had to get up really early to get to the priory)started to make itself known. I was determined not to move but after 30 minutes of bladder bursting induced shaking I had to swiftly (and mindfully!) leave the zendo trying not to disturb everyone. I was mortified!

After that we had a good talk from Rev Mas Haryo about zen practice and then a spot of lunch.

There was another double session of zazen in the afternoon and as the priory is quite small and more people had turned up a few of us decided to meditate in the living room. So I got my mat and seiza bench and settled myself down comfortably. Unknowingly I'd plonked myself down next to the small gong and clock used to time the sessions. It suddenly dawned on me that it was now my responsibilty to time the session and initiate the walking meditation! :eek: It was only my 3rd time at the priory so I had to rapidly try and remember how many dings of the gong were used for each part of the meditation. I seemed to muddle my way through OK though and fortunately I managed to get away with it!

All in all it's been quite a day!
  • edited February 2006
    Sabine: How did it go???

My day...or weekend, has been a wonderful test of my Buddhist learnings. Did I 'pass'?
    For the most part. I tried very hard to have Right Mindfulness, Right Speech and Right Intention. I took deep breaths went I felt my lips start opening to reveal WHAT I REALLY THOUGHT...I stayed calm and REthought and considered the other persons limitations and experiences...basically putting myself in their shoes. It was comforting to us both when I became more understanding and thoughful about their situation.

Relationships have been broken in the past because of my (in part) quick reaction and snippiness. I did not do that...so I think I was rather successfull!!

Yeah me! ; )
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Congratulations are in order for both of you, Sharpiegirl and Frizzer!!! :D:D

YAAAAYY!!!! :woowoo: :woowoo: :bigclap: :bigclap:

I had a challenging day, too, and did all right. Talked to Amazon.com about a shipping problem and kept my cool and stayed philosophical about the whole thing. In fact, the customer rep was caught a little off guard because I think she expected me to go off on her. The situation was a pretty outrageous thing on their part and I can imagine other people have gotten very angry over it before. But I was determined to stay in metta no metta what. (I CAN'T believe I just said that! That CAN'T be Right Speech. It's just TOO wrong!) But since the books I was ordering were all Buddhist books I figured I'd better represent! LOL!

So, I'm paying the ridiculous shipping charge and putting the whole thing down to a learning experience. (Note to self: Don't use "One Click" ordering and don't order from Marketplace!!) :doh:

Brigid
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Frizzer,
    Good job, man!

My condolences on having to leave a meditation session for your bladder. But how can you keep mindfulness when you have to relieve yourself? I can't.

Usually a teacher or senior dharma student would keep time with the gong or singing bowl. You mentioned you sat by it. I'm not sure why you had to do it. Just because you sat there? Please forgive my ignorance as our teacher sits in the front of the room and does it. Just curious.
  • edited February 2006
    opps. It's only 10:30 in the morning, and I've already 'fell off the wagon'. I have started the apology speech in my head.......:-/ :werr: :banghead: :scratch: :sadc: :grumble: :( :eek:

CAN YOU TELL IM FRUSTRATED??
  • edited February 2006
    Jerbear wrote:
    Frizzer,
    Good job, man!

My condolences on having to leave a meditation session for your bladder. But how can you keep mindfulness when you have to relieve yourself? I can't.

Usually a teacher or senior dharma student would keep time with the gong or singing bowl. You mentioned you sat by it. I'm not sure why you had to do it. Just because you sat there? Please forgive my ignorance as our teacher sits in the front of the room and does it. Just curious.

I think they thought I knew what I was doing (I didn't!) whereas I thought someone else had a gong with them - there are gongs and bells all over the place !
    Unfortunately all all the monks and senior lay members were up in the main meditation hall, there was just 6 of us in the small overflow room. I think I did OK, nobody fell asleep and I managed to remember how many dings to dong my gong ! :D
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    ....There's no answer to that.....:grin:
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Sabine: How did it go???

My day...or weekend, has been a wonderful test of my Buddhist learnings. Did I 'pass'?
    For the most part. I tried very hard to have Right Mindfulness, Right Speech and Right Intention. I took deep breaths went I felt my lips start opening to reveal WHAT I REALLY THOUGHT...I stayed calm and REthought and considered the other persons limitations and experiences...basically putting myself in their shoes. It was comforting to us both when I became more understanding and thoughful about their situation.

Relationships have been broken in the past because of my (in part) quick reaction and snippiness. I did not do that...so I think I was rather successfull!!

Yeah me! ; )
    The actual interview was mediocre (I misconjugated "être", out of nervousness - the very first verb I learned! gah), but my essay (on Frank McCourt's book "Angela's Ashes") was Nobel-Prize-worthy.

If I do say so myself :rocker:

Merci pour les bonnes wishes, tout le monde! :grin: (Thanks for the good wishes, everybody!) Now I just have to hope that the 40 other students decide to just give up, after seeing my awesomeness in action.

And Frizzer, I have bad timing, as well. It's never a good idea to down 2.5 mugs of green tea before a 7-hour flight. :zombie:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Tres biens, ma chere! Je te donne les meilleurs souhets pour la decision finale.

de Brigid.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Having a very challenging day with pain. It has been increasing lately and I can't pinpoint the reason. Somehow, I'm aggravating the injury, perhaps in my sleep, I don't know. The nerve pain is in my left big toe and it's funny because when I look at it I'm expecting it to be swollen and red, even though I know the pain is being caused by pinching of the sciatic nerve in my lower back. My toe is fine, it's just the "radiating" pain. But it throbs and burns so my irrational mind expects to find injury on the toe. Silly.

I'm using the same antidote for this pain that I use for anger; gratitude. I'm grateful for still being able to walk. I'm grateful the pain is still at a manageable level. I'm grateful that I have you guys to share this pain with (although, of course, I don't want you to actually feel it!). I'm grateful that I don't live alone. I'm grateful that I have a whole jar of honey for my tea. I'm grateful that I have my cats especially. Oh, and my folks! LOL! But the cat's do a way better job at comforting me because they don't appear to suffer my suffering. I can't tell my folks the details because I know it causes them pain and I don't want to make anyone feel pain for me. That's a bit of a worry for me. That's why this forum helps me. Because you guys are far enough away from me that I feel I won't be causing you pain to let out my feelings here. And there are hundreds of other things I'm grateful for.

I'm also using smiling as an antidote for this pain. It's really amazing how it works. When we're in pain, we tend to have a pained expression on our faces. I think that makes it worse by the spreading of it. So, I force myself to smile and immediately I get relief. Pain, like time and space, is relative. Even between body parts, I think. Well, from experience I should say " I know".

So, I'm going into the kitchen on my own two feet to make a pot of tea that I can sweeten with my precious honey. I'm happy.

Love,
    Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    Brigid...a great big hug!!!!:smilec:
  • edited February 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Having a very challenging day with pain. It has been increasing lately and I can't pinpoint the reason. Somehow, I'm aggravating the injury, perhaps in my sleep, I don't know. The nerve pain is in my left big toe and it's funny because when I look at it I'm expecting it to be swollen and red, even though I know the pain is being caused by pinching of the sciatic nerve in my lower back. My toe is fine, it's just the "radiating" pain. But it throbs and burns so my irrational mind expects to find injury on the toe. Silly.

I'm using the same antidote for this pain that I use for anger; gratitude. I'm grateful for still being able to walk. I'm grateful the pain is still at a manageable level. I'm grateful that I have you guys to share this pain with (although, of course, I don't want you to actually feel it!). I'm grateful that I don't live alone. I'm grateful that I have a whole jar of honey for my tea. I'm grateful that I have my cats especially. Oh, and my folks! LOL! But the cat's do a way better job at comforting me because they don't appear to suffer my suffering. I can't tell my folks the details because I know it causes them pain and I don't want to make anyone feel pain for me. That's a bit of a worry for me. That's why this forum helps me. Because you guys are far enough away from me that I feel I won't be causing you pain to let out my feelings here. And there are hundreds of other things I'm grateful for.

I'm also using smiling as an antidote for this pain. It's really amazing how it works. When we're in pain, we tend to have a pained expression on our faces. I think that makes it worse by the spreading of it. So, I force myself to smile and immediately I get relief. Pain, like time and space, is relative. Even between body parts, I think. Well, from experience I should say " I know".

So, I'm going into the kitchen on my own two feet to make a pot of tea that I can sweeten with my precious honey. I'm happy.

Love,
    Brigid

O Chocolatey One,

The asana advice comes from a Yogi whose name is B.K.S. Iyengar. In 1993, yours truly was virtually crippled from sciatica. Cow and Monkey CURE sciatica.
  • edited February 2006
    Brigid - if you need me to do the stuff over here again - just let me know.
  • edited February 2006
    Knitwitch wrote:
    Brigid - if you need me to do the stuff over here again - just let me know.

Are you casting spells again?
  • edited February 2006
    kowtaaia wrote:
    Are you casting spells again?

Of course - I've given up being a priestess, not a witch! :tonguec:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Thanks, everyone. Bless your hearts.

I'll definitely let you know, Knitwitch. I'm pretty good today.

Kow,
    "O Chocolatey One,

The asana advice comes from a Yogi whose name is B.K.S. Iyengar. In 1993, yours truly was virtually crippled from sciatica. Cow and Monkey CURE sciatica."
    "Oh, Chocolatey One," LOL!

I'm trying, I'm trying. But I'm just too crippled to do them in any meaningful way. It's gonna take a while to work up to them. But I'll master me some yoga before I die if it kills me..or..er..if it kills me before I die? Nevermind. You know what I mean. And I have no doubt that you're right, BTW. My best friend is an accomplished yoga teacher and she's one of the smartest people on earth. But she lives too far away to instruct me...:sadc:

As soon as I can do them, I'll let you know.

Brigid
    edited February 2006
    Well folks - I finally did it! After 18 solid days of research, photocopying, typing, translating, compiling, assorting and presenting - I FINALLY sent off the counter-argument for the Indiusrial Tribunal Case I have scheduled for 8th March - !
    It took sweat, toil and tears to get it all together, but it's done, dusted and posted. The court and their solicitor should get it all middle of next week! It's been a mighty struggle, but I'm so relieved to have finally filed it under 'to be continued'...!
  • edited February 2006
    Brigid - I thought you might find this very helpful:

http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/812_1.cfm

Federica - CONGRATS!!! I am glad you were able to get all of that completed and off of your "to-do" list. For now, anyways! Best of luck...let us know how it goes!
  • edited February 2006
    I'm gonna go with this thread, as it is a question about what happened to me today.

I work in a well known restuarant, with a very popular carvery, outside on the carvery is the head cheff as the face of the kitchen, today inside the kitchen backing him up, getting starters out and so forth today was me.

As the biggest rush came in that we had in weeks, I had 5 trays of colli cheese in the oven, in that few minutes I lost my concentration due to daydreaming of something that I wasnt supposeto have, and the colli burned, Head Cheff came in and screamed his head of, but last night I read a thread about learning from your and other peoples mistakes, and at that moment I managed to take a step back and remain calm through the whole episode and not spit my dummy out, for I could see the cheffs point. It was my fault that he has 100 people outside queing, and he has a hole in the carvery table.

Now my question is about the kamma laws, When I was daydreaming I was wanting someone that wasnt mine to have(bad kamma), and kamma can influence you in this, the next and the life thereafter, so did I burn the colli because of me doing bad kamma, or because I needed to be taught a lesson about looking at the problem from someone elses view.

I believe that life will always try to teach you lessons, and if you dont learn it the first time, life will only teach it to you in a harder lesson the next time, till you get it in your head.

Thanx for any help you guys can give me.

Dell
  • edited February 2006
    No expert myself, Cub, but I don't think anyone is in a position to tell another - that was your karma, that was.

The good thing is that you took a bad experience and learned from it. AND you managed to put yourself in the chef's shoes, which is one of the hardest things to do when someone is yelling at you. Well done you say I.
    edited February 2006
    riponcub wrote:
    ......did I burn the colli because of me doing bad kamma, or because I needed to be taught a lesson about looking at the problem from someone elses view.

Dell

I think the Dalai Lama said it best when he gave his opinion that we shouldn't really worry about what has happened in the past, (because it's a given) and that we shouldn't really worry about the future (because it's unforeseeable), so that really, it's best to just be mindful and remain alert, and just focus on the present...

Your only "mistake" was to not be mindful... and as you lost your concentration, you burnt the cauli...!
    But as KW said, you did an excellent thing! So be pleased for that, and now forget it, and move on.

Well done you for contemplating and pondering on it too....
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Dell,

Your post is proof that you have stepped onto the path with both feet. Remaining mindful was the lesson and you learned it beautifully by acknowledging your mistake, immediately recognizing exactly what the issue was, and putting the solution into practice all at the same time!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What you did is what it's all about. Thanks for sharing this.

Brigid
    :cheer:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I'm having a great day. The pain is very manageable and not distracting me. I'm reading the Dalai Lama's books and my spirit is peaceful and happy. He's clarified so much for me and I'm calmed as a result. I feel confident in myself and the process and committed so completely that it's an absolute joy.

Having been one of those people who defines themselves by how hard they work at their jobs, I had an extremely difficult time adjusting to not being able to work. I didn't see it as clearly as my doctor did. When I was experiencing panic my doctor knew it was a result of my struggle to adjust and that I had too much time on my hands to contemplate the mysteries of life and that I was making myself panic in the process. Luckily, I had Buddhism and the more I learned and practiced the better I was able to deal with my over active brain. See, I was thinking "Well, if I can't work and I have all this time on my hands, I might as well figure out the meaning of life." Undirected, it was a nightmare. Directed with Buddhism, it's a joy. Not that I'm still worried about the meaning of life. I'm just satisfied with the process of my Buddhist practice.

I have peace now. I'm not struggling to hold the panic down anymore. I think the panic is slowly disintegrating. It's not like a huge sigh of relief. It's a slower progression to a calm and happy mind.

So, today is a wonderful day. I'm happy and calm and full of hope and confidence in my ability to progress. It's a lovely way to feel.

I'm a little worried about Jerry and the pain he's been experiencing this week. I hope he can find some kind of relief and I'm going to be thinking about his pain and trying to do what I can on my end. I love that man so.

Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    I try not to dwell on asking myself, "Why is this happening to me?". If I did that, I'd drive myself crazy! Instead, I do as you had done: 1) Step back from the situation. (You regained your Mindfulness when you remained calm.) )Learn from it.

Godd Job!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Brigid - I thought you might find this very helpful:

http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/812_1.cfm

Federica - CONGRATS!!! I am glad you were able to get all of that completed and off of your "to-do" list. For now, anyways! Best of luck...let us know how it goes!

Thank you, Yogamama! I've already started a list of bookmarks for certain poses and read through that article. This is the direction in which I want to go. I can instinctively tell from the photos which ones will be impossible or dangerous and which ones might be beneficial. I especially liked looking at the Bridge Pose. I knew immediately that it would give me relief.

Xrayman gave me some good advice about using my yoga ball more to strengthen my core muscles. Ever since the injury two years ago I've been working on them and they have gotten very strong indeed. I'll keep doing that.

But I feel that I need to stretch, very carefully, the muscles around the injury. I need to get more blood flow and flexibility in the area because right now the simplest movements in that area cause great pain and problems for days. I'm craving proper stretching in the area. I'll be consulting my doctor throughout the process and I have to start very slowly and very carefully. But I do have all the gear!! I have a mat, a ball, a stretchy thingy with handles and one without. I even have a pair of beautiful yoga pants in dark slate blue! LOL
    They're THE most comfortable pants in the world. Nice and low slung and they're made from that material that helps to keep sweat away. They're made by Nike.

So I'm all set. But my body isn't yet. I'm seeing my doctor on the 5th and will go through all of this with him. Maybe I'll look for a yoga instructor in town. It's very unlikely because the town is VERY small, but I'll look nonetheless.

Thanks again, Yogamama! Maybe one day in the future we will be talking about our yoga practice together on a thread in this forum. Thank goodness for yoga and Buddhism!!

Love,
    Brigid
  • edited March 2006
    So nice to hear that I am not the only one who is passionate about yoga and buddhism!!! As I work in the corporate world, I more and more crave something more meaningful. While my job has afforded me the finances to maintain a comfortable lifestyle, I feel that there is something missing. I feel myself resenting the "extra" time (more than 9 hours per day) that I put in at the office. After working a 13 hour day yesterday, I drove home feeling so downtrodden and angry. Realizing that I sacrificed my personal time to do work that is not, in any way, truly contributing to society. Also realizing that I will never regain that time spent at the office. So, in essence, I've wasted part of my life. The worst part is that, because I am often so tired and stressed out from being at the office, I simply don't have the energy to do what I truly love - attend yoga class or study buddhism or meditate. It takes all of my energy to get home, feed the cat, wash my face, and find something to eat. Then, I end up doing something completely meaningless, like sitting around to read a magazine and drink wine. All meaningless!!!! I want my life to be joyful, but full of meaning. And right now, it's neither. The ironic part is that, from a career and materialistic standpoint, I finally have everything that I want. And I'm still not happy!!! What's wrong with me? And how can I fix it????
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Dear Brigid, et al.

Do you have a Blue coloured fitball with the attachment points on it, for the stretchy handles?? because by some wierd coincidence, (among many-private joke), I have the same kit-I'm sure!

regards,
    X
  • edited March 2006
    michaelene wrote:
    So nice to hear that I am not the only one who is passionate about yoga and buddhism!!! As I work in the corporate world, I more and more crave something more meaningful. While my job has afforded me the finances to maintain a comfortable lifestyle, I feel that there is something missing. I feel myself resenting the "extra" time (more than 9 hours per day) that I put in at the office. After working a 13 hour day yesterday, I drove home feeling so downtrodden and angry. Realizing that I sacrificed my personal time to do work that is not, in any way, truly contributing to society. Also realizing that I will never regain that time spent at the office. So, in essence, I've wasted part of my life. The worst part is that, because I am often so tired and stressed out from being at the office, I simply don't have the energy to do what I truly love - attend yoga class or study buddhism or meditate. It takes all of my energy to get home, feed the cat, wash my face, and find something to eat. Then, I end up doing something completely meaningless, like sitting around to read a magazine and drink wine. All meaningless!!!! I want my life to be joyful, but full of meaning. And right now, it's neither. The ironic part is that, from a career and materialistic standpoint, I finally have everything that I want. And I'm still not happy!!! What's wrong with me? And how can I fix it????

Michaelene,
    You are too hard on yourself. Whatever you do has meaning, for what ever you do and how you do it reflects upon others around you. They inturn reflect upon other people. Never think your waisting your time. Your Yoga and meditation doesn't need to be hours long to have some sort of benefit. Taking 5 minites out of your day to reflect upon your position and your thoughts can do wonders.....
    However enough preaching from me. Today I'm on the farm. Mowed and am cleaning sheds today. My "old" man is going to buld a bench for his wines.......somehow I just know I'm ganna get dragged into this one. Anyhow I have a tonne of homwork....DOG I'm 38 and am still having to do homework:grumble: Hey I know, Michaelene how about you and I change places. I'll do your 13 hr days and you can do the farming???:vimp:

Don't sweat the small stuff......
  • edited March 2006
    Would love to try the farming!!!! Tired of sitting in a windowless cube, staring at a computer, and sitting in meetings with self-important yappers all day!

Seriously, thank for the kind words.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    Dear Brigid, et al.

Do you have a Blue coloured fitball with the attachment points on it, for the stretchy handles?? because by some wierd coincidence, (among many-private joke), I have the same kit-I'm sure!

regards,
    X

LOL! It IS blue, but doesn't have the attachment points. But that's because I'm the girl baby and you're the boy baby! LOL! Get it?

Brigid
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Michaelene...

I don't think I've seen you around.

Welcome.

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    Brigid, you are very welcome. I am glad you found the information helpful. I do not have any pain issues to deal with, so I wish I could recommend some good dvd's to you, but none of the ones I use would work for you. :( Keep me posted about how things go for you. One of the great things about yoga is that every pose can be modified to suit each individual. Do you have yoga blocks and a strap? Very useful things to have!

michaelene, welcome to our site! :) Sounds like you have a hectic schedule, but keep in mind that once you find or make the time for exercise (or yoga!), then your energy levels will increase dramatically. My schedule is just as hectic as anyone's, which is why I get up at 5am for yoga and meditation, and/or I do it on my lunch hour at my office on the days that I work. Like Esau said, even if you do 10-20 minutes of yoga or meditation a day, it will help tremendously!
  • edited March 2006
    BF - Many thanks for the welcome. I've been a member for a few months. However, have thus far been more of a "reader" at the site, as opposed to an active participant.

Yoga Mama - Thanks also for the advice. I should have probably stated that I am currently pretty active, trying to include 3-4 sessions of yoga per week in my schedule. I also currently meditate for about 20 minutes per day. My issue is that I'm wanting to take my practices to the "next level," including giving some serious thought to wanting to teach yoga. It's here that I'm finding difficulty fitting in daily classes, readings, and attending teacher trainings.

I know that everything will work out. I'm just having a bit of a struggle with it all right now!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Michaelene,

Holy smoke!! You're amazing! No doubt you're having trouble fitting everything in. You've just inspired me to become more disciplined and productive with my time. Thanks!

Yogamama,

I have a strap but I don't know what yoga blocks are. Are they very important?

Love,
    Brigid
  • edited March 2006
    Does anyone know where Simon has been?
  • edited March 2006
    ...and ZenMonk for that matter?
  • edited March 2006
    IT'S VERY DIFFICULT TO BE MINDFUL OF ALL THOSE 'RIGHT' THINGS WE ARE SUPPOSED TO REMEMBER AND DO WHEN THE MEN IN YOUR LIFE ARE MAKING YOU MAD AND BEING 'TYPICAL' MEN...

sorry if I offend but...let's face it...men behave AT TIMES in certain ways that are NOT in accordance with the way woman work....and they can be very difficult to handle.....

This is one of those times that my studies of Buddhism can be tested..........:rarr: :mean: :eek2: :werr: :bawling: :scratch: :banghead:
    edited March 2006
    ...Care to share, Sharpiegirl? even in a PM? ;)
    edited March 2006
    Sharpiegirl...

Everything you said is true.

And it goes both ways, darling. :)

It will pass.

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Sharpiegirl...

It will pass.

-bf

I agree. Men and women both do a pretty good job of getting on the nerves of a member of the opposite sex. I hope this all gets worked out for you very soon, sharpiegirl. Hang in there.
  • edited March 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Sharpiegirl...

It will pass.

-bf
    Absolutely it goes both ways......
    thanks for your concern and words of encouragement...sorry, just needed to vent...no one else was around....but all of you are always here....thanks
  • edited March 2006
    no one else was around....but all of you are always here....thanks

I know...it's amazing any of us get anything else done, huh? You can vent to us anytime! :)
    edited March 2006
    Well, what a day.....
    What has come my way today? What do I now know that i didn't know earlier....?

Today, I picked this up, and found it both informative and fascinating, and it certainly engaged with my awareness (in that I perhaps knew all of this already, but it just opened my eyes and mind to it all....

http://www.newbuddhist.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25677#post25677 (post 26)

And then I got a really good dose of guidance/education from this thread,

http://www.newbuddhist.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1332&page=4 (post 36 is as ever, brilliant, but the whole thread has been really very good)

And here too, the whole thread has taught me much: about anatta and about us as members of a forum.... illuminating and satisfying....

http://www.newbuddhist.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1237&page=13

And I learnt that just by idly chatting about this and that to a friend whose morning is just beginning, whilst my evening is here and now, anger can just fade away and become as ephemeral as a flower petal.... because my day is done, but theirs is ahead of them... what is time? What is anger? what are all these black squiggles? Nothing. Nothing at all......:)

However, I still want the car. Now. No, RIGHT now. :rockon: :grin:;)
    edited March 2006
    No comment.

I still don't know that I can part with this particular...desire.

-bf
    edited March 2006
    Right Effort, Right View (of the back) Right Intention... self sacrifice has always been a real virtue in my book.... go on... you know you really want to.....:thumbsup: :D