Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pictures of Home

Comments

• edited May 2006
    One more picture from our garden...some of our beets are finally ready to eat and they were SO good. As you can see from the picture, my daughter munched on the end of a beet! :) I love gardening!
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Yum :thumbsup:
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Not home - but very close to home.

Pictures from the my g/f's parent's place just north of town.

Lots of geese, deer, bison (yes that's a picture of a bison!), turtles, those hummingbirds and that obnoxious varmit known as buddhafootus americanus...

Hey!... that last word ended in anus. How appropos :)

-bf
  • edited June 2006
    I don't see the picture of you. You mean, that cow looking thing behind the bison? Is that YOU????
    edited June 2006
    I'm that brown, wrinkley thing on the back end of the bison.

-bf
    edited June 2006
    Hmm...

The "cow looking thing"...

You mean the "horse", Einstein? You can go ahead and call it a horse.

"Hi ho, cow looking thingy...away!"

Sheesh.

-bf
  • edited June 2006
    LOL!! So you weren't kidding when you said "anus".
  • edited June 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Hmm...

The "cow looking thing"...

You mean the "horse", Einstein? You can go ahead and call it a horse.

"Hi ho, cow looking thingy...away!"

Sheesh.

-bf

HAHAHAHAHA! I guess I need new glasses. I thought there was a cow standing next to the horse, but I guess it's another horse, huh? I need to lay off the booze at lunch.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Well, at least he's an "american anus"!

Palzang
  • edited June 2006
    I really liked the second to last image.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Wow! Gorgeous, BF!!
  • edited June 2006
    The Niagara river this evening and Niagara Falls yesterday.
    edited June 2006
    Very cool, Sharpie.

Thanks for sharing :)

-bf
  • edited June 2006
    Wow, very nice, Sharpie. I am jealous....
  • edited June 2006
    I still haven't gotten around to taking pictures of our backyard, but here are some of the flowers from our backyard. My daughter came running into the house with them, telling me she picked flowers for me. The funny part was that she brought in the flowers with all the roots attached, dirt and all, and she picked some of the petals off the flowers. Priceless. :) Oh, and some of the tomatoes from our backyard. They were DELICIOUS.
    edited June 2006
    Well, lookatchoo - frontin' all Martha Stewart on us.

Very nice pics, Yoda.

And I have to say... you have some very nice tomatos ;)

-bf
  • edited June 2006
    so ya like my maters, huh???
    edited June 2006
    Yeah baby. And I'm not even a real 'mater fan. I noticed that there was a big ole banana lurking in the background by yer 'maters...

But they do have some good color to them. Must be all the dyes, additives and fertilizers.

Kudos on your green-thumb.

-bf
  • edited June 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Must be all the dyes, additives and fertilizers.

-bf

Bite your tongue!!! We do it all organically. No fertilizers, no chemical, none of that garbage. YOu know me better than that.

PS - it's not MY green thumb...it's my husbands. He deserves all the credit. I just do the cooking and the eating parts.
    edited June 2006
    I figured you needed to have a real "man" helping you get such great edibles. And yes, that statement would exclude me :)

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Mmmm, nothing better than homegrown tomatoes and sweet corn in the summer! Not something you can easily get out here in the desert!

Palzang the eremite
  • edited June 2006
    I know....we used to live there! We are thrilled to be able to grown our own produce now. And funny you mention corn...the other day, we took an ear of corn, and cut off the corn, mixed it with some tomatoes in a bowl, added salt and it was delicious!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2006
    There ya go, great minds blah blah blah...

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Yoga,

I love that flower with the petals torn off!!
  • edited June 2006
    Me too...maybe she was hungry??? :)
  • edited July 2006
    More pictures from me...this is not our home, but we went to a friends farm over the weekend (the lady I get my goats milk from) and had a great time. All of the goats escaped at one point, and being the "city girl" that I am, I was not very good at getting them back into their pen! Our daughter never wanted to leave.
    edited July 2006
    That's a lot of goats.

Looks like they were playing King Of The Hill.

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    I have to post this picture. My husband saw a Hummingbird Moth out in our yard last night, so he ran out to take a picture, and got this gorgeous picture of the moth getting some nectar from one of our sunflowers.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2006
    That is a wonderful photo! Thank you.
    edited August 2006
    Man... that's one ugly hummingbird!

You sure it's not a big moth or somethin'?

Here are two hummingbird pictures. The first is a traditional Pacific Northwest variety, but the second!... I managed to capture a picture of the elusive North American Great Hummingbird. A very rare sight indeed!

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    LOL! I've never seen one of those rare North American Hummingbirds before.

And...the picture my hubby took was of a Humminbird MOTH. Did you miss that part in my post, or were you just being your funny self?
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    It is cool. How much did you have to pay the moth to stand still like that?

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Man... that's one ugly hummingbird!

You sure it's not a big moth or somethin'?

Here are two hummingbird pictures. The first is a traditional Pacific Northwest variety, but the second!... I managed to capture a picture of the elusive North American Great Hummingbird. A very rare sight indeed!

-bf

So what song were they humming?

Palzang
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Hey! I didn't know those were elusive North American Great Hummingbirds!!! We have TONS of those in Canada. And they're not elusive up here at all!!

Yoga, that pic of the Hummingbird moth is incredible! It's like something out of a photo magazine!!
  • edited August 2006
    What a great pic Yoga.............Very cool!
  • edited August 2006
    More pictures that my husband took in our backyard......
    edited August 2006
    Wow!

Fantastic!

I'd better it would be even cooler if we could see the pictures!

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    shut it...I am editing them.
  • edited August 2006
    there you go smarty-pants.
    edited August 2006
    I love Morning Glorys... They don't grow in the Pacific Northwest like I remember them growing, as a child, in the Midwest.

I've got a picture for you. I don't know what this plant is, so I've been referring to it as the Foreskin Plant or the Erection Plant. I find the name exquisite due to the fact that I get "the look" from my girlfriend whenever we discuss it.

Pictures forthcoming...

Oh yeah... and my backyard is done for the year.

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    I wish the Morning Glory's stayed open all day. They are so pretty. We have both the blue ones and the purple ones in our yard and I love them.

Can't wait to see your pictures...especially of that plant!
    edited August 2006
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... the Foreskin Plant.

If anyone knows what this is really called - let me know.

-bf
    fs1.jpg 251.7K
    fs2.jpg 213.9K
    fs3.jpg 245.7K
    edited August 2006
    Oh yeah... here's a couple of the backyard.

I'm done for this year.

-bf
    by1.jpg 287.4K
    by2.jpg 290.1K
  • edited August 2006
    WOW, Buddhafoot...your backyard looks awesome. Quite different from the last picture I saw of it. :) Great job!

And I have no idea what the real name of that plant is, but it's nice. I think the name you gave it suits it just fine!
  • edited August 2006
    Your back yard looks terrific!!
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Very nice, bf! Are they daffodils? :smilec:

Palzang
    edited August 2006
    Nope... not daffodils. I tossed the little deal that came with it that stated what type of a flower/plant it was. Now I'm clueless.

But I have seen another one and the whole plant gets really huge.

I also wanted to plant bamboo in the yard - but couldn't think of an aesthetic way of doing so. So, I planted those grasses on each side of the porch. They are "miscanthus gigantus" - and typically grow to be 13 feet in height. How's THAT for blocking out your neighbors???

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    I thought it might be a lily of some kind but the foliage isn't right. I'm flummoxed. Does the flower have any scent? Usually white flowers have a stronger scent than coloured ones to attract the birds and the bees. It's very cool! I really love it.

Is that a fire pit? If it is that's cool, too. What kinds of things do you do with it?
    edited August 2006
    I don't believe it has much scent - but I will check that out today. I've tried looking things up on the internet - but it's hard to search something that you have to describe with very common terms. I've also seen one of these get huge - like 4' x 4' x 4'.

As for the firepit...

Well, lately, it's just been used for s'mores when kids come over.

Eventually, there will be a bench there and the opportunity to make some fires on cool fall evenings.

I have that and some tiki lights that light up the backyard, on a dark night, quite nicely!

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    I will ask my hubby what kind of plant that is...he might know.