Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

So what makes us so 'special'...?

1235»

Comments

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@lobster said:

@dhammachick said:
    I don't give a flying frack in a rolling donut that we disagree.

Oh you fibber ... Do they come with pink icing and rainbow sprinkles?

meow :3

and now back to frying frack ...

Everyone knows chocolate sprinkles are the best :awesome:

lobster
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@silver said:
    I didn't say anything negative about you, I just said as a matter of fact, you were one of the people who got upset - and I realize that it was YESTERDAY. Why do you view it and choose to describe it as me purportedly 'dragging' you back into the convo? I'm not. Sheesh.

I didn't say you did say anything negative. If you're not dragging anyone back into it, why frigging tag us? Don't single two of us out then get indignant when one of us asks you not to. That's just bullshit plain and simple and you know it.

(And yes I'll wear a temporary ban if required for my language)

IchLiebte
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@dhammachick said:

@silver said:
    I didn't say anything negative about you, I just said as a matter of fact, you were one of the people who got upset - and I realize that it was YESTERDAY. Why do you view it and choose to describe it as me purportedly 'dragging' you back into the convo? I'm not. Sheesh.

I didn't say you did say anything negative. If you're not dragging anyone back into it, why frigging tag us? Don't single two of us out then get indignant when one of us asks you not to. That's just bullshit plain and simple and you know it.

(And yes I'll wear a temporary ban if required for my language)

You call that tagging? What am I supposed to do, pretend it didn't happen? I don't want to talk to you, is that plain enough for you? I don't mind talking to you, but I just was having a brief convo with @federica about it. IF anything, you're the one who wants their name in neon freakin' lights here. I doubt seriously anyone but you would 'tag' me as being indignant.

Relax.

Kundo
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

So what makes us so 'special'...?

So what does make us so special...?

lobsterkarasti
  • IchLiebteIchLiebte US Veteran

@silver said:

@IchLiebte said:

@silver said:

@IchLiebte said:
    Thanks... but there was a time where my mother was raped in my apartment and I was asleep in my room, but she couldn't fight back because she didn't want me to hear and come out. Self-defense isn't always the solution. The solution is cutting the problem off at the source.

That's literally a crying shame, although I'm unsure why you think self-defense wouldn't have helped her (or anybody else in that position). Its a real puzzler to me. How old were you, if you don't mind me asking? And I have no idea what your idea is of 'cutting the problem off at the source.'

I was 14. She didn't want to make any noise through self-defense because it happened so fast. I mean cut it off at the source by discouraging rape in society, that is, being more socially aware that there are "rapists around every corner", as @Kerome put it. To see someone say that there aren't is a blow to the gut and shows just how in-the-dark men can be about this. Cutting the problem off at the source means teaching men not to rape, teaching them that they don't have a "higher sex drive" that they can do nothing about.

So, I take it the police were of no use, then?

What the schnapps? What kind of retort is that? I had to get ushered out of the ER when she had to get an HIV test. Stop. No. Police are of no use when it comes to rape after the fact. It's not like a robbery where you can get your stuff back. The police can't un-rape my mother, no.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@IchLiebte - Sometimes the police are helpful - it depends on where. All the things you seem to be getting mad at me for, is the failures of our communities and our societies. So, are you or are you not a Buddhist aspirant? `

• IchLiebteIchLiebte US Veteran

@silver :unamused: It's clear you're quite hopeless, so I'm out of this. Educate yourself and then maybe try having a conversation with me. Peace.

silver
  • So what does make us so special...?

... being temporarily/unintentionally naughty? :p

So, are you or are you not a Buddhist aspirant? `

Naughty! [I know naughtiness]

As we all know, peace is generated by word, deed and if one has sufficient dharma sprinkles, presence. It is up to us to make the second and third step. The first always.

What if we are fuelled by raging Dukkha hormones? Painful indignation or anger management issues? Claws growing out of ones head? Answers to:

the usual lobster naughty corner :3