Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

TWINKIES ARE COMING BACK!!!!!!

YES! THANK YOU INDEED SUGAR GODS!!!
:bowdown:
http://now.msn.com/twinkies-returning-in-july
misterCope

Comments

• Possibly everyone already knew about this, but im just now finding out. It seems its been on the news but I hardly watch T.V.
  • Cant wait...10 more pounds that I really don't want here I come!
  • SillyPuttySillyPutty Veteran
    edited May 2013
    I remember when we had a world without twinkies... what a scary world it was....

(P.S. Twinkies aren't vegan. Or real food for that matter. :( )
    kashisndymorn
  • @SillyPutty
    dont be sad, I think twinkies are not biased against vegan so you can be friends!!
  • P.S. very possibly the coolest video Ive ever seen
    :D
  • Normaly this wouldn't be something Id watch...but i felt the pian when twinkies were gone so kudos to these dudes
  • Man...Im sorry bro...
    :shake:
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Well, God bless America! The place hasn't been the same without them!
    kashiSillyPuttyInvincible_summer
  • @genkaku
    I could very well be wrong, with so many threads and 1000's of comments theres no way to read em all...what im getting at is ive only ever seen the more direct serious side of you on here. Its cool to see the light hearted funny gengaku (who to myself i respectfuly call the "zen master of NB")
    LOL!!!

:om:
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    genkaku said:

Well, God bless America! The place hasn't been the same without them!

Great point, since they stopped making Twinkies, we've had the Sandy Hook shooting, the Boston Marathon bombings, a meteor exploded over Russia, the situation in Syria continues to worsen, need I go on.

Maybe the return of twinkies will usher in a new golden age. Maybe that's really why its called golden. :buck:
    kashiSillyPuttyriverflow
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    Humm, I didn't even know they had been discontinued.
    Invincible_summer
  • Zayl said:

:eek:
  • Zayl said:

Oh, so you're that one guy everyone was referring to.

:lol: j/k ;)
    riverflow
  • BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    Twinkie diet! uurg, I feel sick just thinking about it.

In 2010, Kansas State University professor Mark Haub went on a "convenience store" diet consisting mainly of Twinkies, Oreos, and Doritos in an attempt to demonstrate to his students "that in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most—not the nutritional value of the food". He lost 27 pounds over a 2-month period, returning his body mass index (BMI) to within normal range
  • Twinkie diet! uurg, I feel sick just thinking about it.

In 2010, Kansas State University professor Mark Haub went on a "convenience store" diet consisting mainly of Twinkies, Oreos, and Doritos in an attempt to demonstrate to his students "that in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most—not the nutritional value of the food". He lost 27 pounds over a 2-month period, returning his body mass index (BMI) to within normal range
    And I bet he will lose another 7 pounds when he has to get his gallbladder and 1 kidney removed as well.
    BhanteLuckypersonriverflow
  • BhanteLuckyBhanteLucky Alternative lifestyle person in the South Island of New Zealand New Zealand Veteran
    Deep Fried Twinkie does sound good though...
    edited May 2013

Deep Fried Twinkie does sound good though...

A few years ago I tried a deep fried Oreo. I'm still trying to unclog one of my arteries via alkaline juicing because of it.

BhanteLucky
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Of all the snack types of foods out there, Twinkies aren't even in my top 10! Raspberry zingers and swiss cake rolls, yes.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited May 2013
    person said:

I'm ruined. :bawl: I just invested all my retirement funds in 5,000 twinkies expecting them to continue yielding an annual %25.63 rate of growth.

@person, just eat the twinkies 5 per day and I guarantee you'll have a 25% anual growth... to your waist hehe.

SillyPuttyperson
    ^^^^^^^^

It's ... it's ... it's THE SECOND COMING!
    kashiSillyPuttyriverflow
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    I have a friend who uses twinkies as the bun for hotdogs. Haven't tried it yet.
    kashi
  • Jeffrey said:

I have a friend who uses twinkies as the bun for hotdogs. Haven't tried it yet.

Everyone should have a friend like that.
    Jeffreyperson
    For the gourmet: Twinkies on the half-shell.
    For the musician: A crescendo of Twinkies.
    For the historian: The War of the Twinkies.
    For the religious: The crucifixion of the Twinkie.
    For the Kama Sutra: The Twinkie position.
    For the car manufacturer: Seats as soft and smooth as a Twinkie.
    For the politician: ... and a Twinkie in every pot.
    For the tooth paste manufacturer: Twinkie-flavored.
    For the deodorant advertiser: They'll lick your armpits....
    SillyPuttykashiJeffreyriverflow
    edited May 2013
    For the Twinkie manufacturer: A... umm... Twinkie.

I got nuttin'.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    @genkaku, love it... becomes my facebook status :) I'm trying to imagine what the twinkie position is? Sounds male centric? :o
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    I am pleased to inform Americans that some of us are free of these creatures with their own minds.
    We have our own demon snacks. :rarr:

. . . has the high been exhausted? Have a carrot stick . . . :wave:
  • Demon snack.. ..sounds evilishious. ...as u see...im no comic. Oh well.
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    Speaking of twinkies......the last Temple I was in, had some Little
    Debbie Nutter Bar snacks on the altar... :mullet:
  • edited July 2013
    (P.S. Twinkies aren't vegan. Or real food for that matter. :( )

I couldn't agree more, stuff like that is crap. Eat something good for your mind and body instead of garbage that is only good for your taste buds.
  • Nek777Nek777 Explorer
    Zebra Cakes FTW and I would be remiss if I didn't mention Berger Cookies.
  • I don't care if they are bad for me. I'll always love them.
    mfranzdorf
  • (P.S. Twinkies aren't vegan. Or real food for that matter. :( )

I couldn't agree more, stuff like that is crap. Eat something good for your mind and body instead of garbage that is only good for your taste buds.

And there it is........come on man!!!!!
    Shigo
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    BACON wrapped twinkie hotdog sandwich.

Horrifying, but strangely makes me hungry!
    Nothing wrong with an occasional treat ;) I honestly was never a big twinkie fan! We have a hard time getting Hostess products where I live, Little Debbie has a much bigger presence. I've always been a fan of the fudge rounds, preferably the bigger ones. Though, I have to say, right now we are at the peak of blueberry season and fudge rounds cannot touch gallon buckets of fresh, wild blueberries.
    riverflowperson
  • karasti said:

Nothing wrong with an occasional treat ;) I honestly was never a big twinkie fan! We have a hard time getting Hostess products where I live, Little Debbie has a much bigger presence. I've always been a fan of the fudge rounds, preferably the bigger ones. Though, I have to say, right now we are at the peak of blueberry season and fudge rounds cannot touch gallon buckets of fresh, wild blueberries.

Do they even make the larger fudge rounds? I swear they have shrunk, and not just because when I grew up my hands got bigger! I always thought Little Debbies as more of a southern thing...? Anyway, <3 fudge rounds and <3<3 blueberries! hahaha
  • Off to the store....
    riverflowkarasti
  • Being an Angelcynn I've never had a Twinkie, what's all the fuss about? Isn't it just a sponge cake with buttercream inside?
  • Chrysalid said:

Being an Angelcynn I've never had a Twinkie, what's all the fuss about? Isn't it just a sponge cake with buttercream inside?

Simular to how nirvana is beyond words, likewise the awesomeness of a Twinkie is beyond words.

ChrysalidJeffreykarastiperson
    @riverflow Here, we can get either the normal appx. $2 box of fudge rounds, or the larger box that is maybe $3.50? The larger box has the larger fudge rounds in it. Found it to be the same with Oatmeal cream pies so I assume it's the same for all the circular items? LOL.

Shigo
  • Just look at the words " fudge rounds "..... cant help but laugh and yet feel the need to eat at least 2 or 3
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    Has anyone eaten a Twinkie since they came back? I had one last week because someone had a box of them and, of course, the hype... It had been a really long time since I'd had one and I found it actually really gross and disappointing. After trying one again, I actually realized why Hostess went out of business...