Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What movies are you watching?

14567810»

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@lobster said:
    Watched the Documentary "Going Clear" about Scientology. Fascinating.

I saw it some time ago, and also saw Louis Theroux’s My Scientology Movie about the same time. Indeed fascinating, but also more than a little scary.

DagobahZen
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Thoroughly enjoyed "Wicked Little Letters", really funny, thoroughly profane and illustrative of the suppression of women ...

Jeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited April 16

Found this in my YouTube feed… seems the internet is being populated by people who don’t exist. It’s a set of entirely AI generated images, of young middle-eastern looking women in bathing suits.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Well in order to be immersed in the real world. I look at youtube on my TV but find their suggested algorithmic AI (Artificial Income) so simplistic, monetised/propagandised as to be little more than click bait.

I will stick to peertube or similar
    https://qoto.org/tags/PeerTube

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

Hmm Click Bait

@lobster said:
    Well in order to be immersed in the real world. I look at youtube on my TV but find their suggested algorithmic AI (Artificial Income) so simplistic, monetised/propagandised as to be little more than click bait.

I use YouTube for a few things, I sometimes look up music I like, tech reviews, and I use it to listen to certain spiritual teachers such as Eckhart Tolle, Mooji etc. I also use it to listen to Terence McKenna and Alan Watts talks which can’t easily be found elsewhere. But aside from those specific uses I rarely use the algorithm to explore, it seems to bring up a lot of what I’ve searched for in the past but it’s poor at finding stuff I’d be interested in.

• IdleChaterIdleChater USA Veteran

I found this a really interesting critique of the processes of Big Tech, where a service starts good and cheap, and becomes large and entrenched, and then becomes noticeably poor value for customers. Enshittification, it is also called.

Shoshin1IdleChaterlobster

I think I may never eat Sushi again… my grandfather used to fillet fish in the fish halls at IJmuiden