Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Layout change coming

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Oh, now I see it. It is now hidden till you scroll over the comment (along with the edit button)???
    Tanda
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    @vinlyn, Hover over the message, Quote is now at the bottom-right along with other things like Promote and Awesome.
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    Cloud said:

@vinlyn, Hover over the message, Quote is now at the bottom-right along with other things like Promote and Awesome.

Wow!

• Agree that it works well on the IPad ... And easy to use :)
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    The quote button appears right under a post when you hover the mouse below the text.
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    commented tab was quite useful...
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    Zero said:

commented tab was quite useful...

agreed with Zero... easier to keep track of a dialogue you may be involved with

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    It isn't gone on purpose, I'll have a look.
  • I kinda like the new look and feel..... :)
    Can you get some software which converts everything to the Queens English? :p
  • It's showing "new" quite randomly - the "new" will show up on some threads but not on others whether I've read them or not. It's being quite indiscriminate as far as I can tell :lol: Anyone else?
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    RebeccaS said:

It's showing "new" quite randomly - the "new" will show up on some threads but not on others whether I've read them or not. It's being quite indiscriminate as far as I can tell :lol: Anyone else?

That seems to be the one hangup I'm seeing, too.

• ginabginab Veteran
    Still have to scroll to the right to read the posts...
    It's showing "new" quite randomly - the "new" will show up on some threads but not on others whether I've read them or not. It's being quite indiscriminate as far as I can tell :lol: Anyone else?
    Yes, "new" is currently a random emission. ;)
    edited August 2012
    I can't see how to log out...so will I be trapped in the New Buddhist realm for all eternity? Hee hee
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran

Yes, "new" is currently a random emission. ;)
    Same here. Looks to be a software bug that needs addressing.
  • ginabginab Veteran

I can't see how to log out...so will I be trapped in the New Buddhist realm for all eternity? Hee hee

On the top left, click on the little grey wheel under your name!

Since I can no longer read entire posts, I guess I will be leaving this forum :(
    It's been fun!

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    ginab said:

Since I can no longer read entire posts, I guess I will be leaving this forum :(
    It's been fun!

@ginab Looks like the site is still undergoing some remodeling, take a break for a few days and see if it isn't all better by then.
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    Impermanence. Why do we have such a problem with change? haha
    I'm speaking about myself, here. :) I Took a day of practicing my
    eyeball view of right/left. I see my avatar more now, too.
    Feels like a weird high/trip. lolol
    Anyway, I made it past my hurdle and Im ready to catch up on tons
    of reading. I like the artwork, btw.
    ginab said:

Still have to scroll to the right to read the posts...

Which web browser are you using? There are ways to decrease the font size, thus fitting more into the viewable screen; perhaps eliminating your L-to-R scrolling problem.

• CloudCloud Veteran
    As to what BonsaiDoug said, in most browsers you can press CTRL+ or CTRL- to increase or decrease the font size. That works in Firefox at least... try it!
    @Cloud - IE as well.
  • Can someone let me know if there is anyway I can upload a profile picture using my Ipad?

On the top left, click on the little grey wheel under your name!
    Well discovered!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Aaargh.....! Is there supposed to be a mile-wide gap between the first post on the page, and the next reply....?
    Any way of bringing all the comments 'closer up the page'....?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2012
    @Lincoln, I got no 'delete' option under my little cog on the left.....other posts, yes. My posts....No.

and all the options of links, images and quotes don't appear when you need to edit....
    so you'd need to make a new post to add a picture.....
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    Try clearing your web-browser cache of cookies and whatnot. That got rid of the gap for me.
    Yah......

No.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited August 2012
    @federica, That happened to me with delete being gone (in fact half the time the cog is just "gone"), but refreshing the page seems to always fix it.
    edited August 2012
    Can anyone briefly explain the "Mark All Viewed" function? I know something happened when I clicked it, like I no longer see the yellow 'new comment' icon next to posts, but since that wasn't my intention for clicking it, I think I may be overlooking its primary function. By the way, my intention for clicking it wasn't an intention. Just a spazzy finger. Heh.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited August 2012
    @TheBeejAbides, It marks all posts as viewed, naturally. :D However when there is another new post and you go to that thread... the forum puts you at your *real* last viewed post, at least in my experience. So you can get rid of all the "new" stuff, but the forum still keeps track of the last thing you've seen. This may be a bug or may be intentional, but I'm glad of it, since I've marked all viewed accidentally myself!

And it seems in this new layout that new threads, ones you haven't viewed at all, don't show "new" anything... they're just bolded until you actually visit them for the first time.
    So it doesn't actually "mark" it, does it? Like with a check mark or something that says "viewed"? It just treats it like there's nothing special about it anymore,? All posts become crated equal at that point, so to speak?
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    Right. It just unmarks them as new, basically.
    Still get a mile-long gap between post at the top of the page, and the next one.... :scratch:
  • I can't lol my own funnies.
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited August 2012
    The red 1 tag over my input envelope stays "on" regardless of what I do.
    I can't seem to turn it off now even though it worked fine yesterday.

PS I just noticed that clicking my own email turns it off...Dauh!
    @Lincoln, just a heads-up....Top left, icons by my name, far right, cog, I have a red number 1 next to it... I click, and I get a list, including the option 'applicants'... which is the option with the red number 1 next to it.... but if I click on it, the screen tells me i don't have permission to do whatever it's telling me to do... yet I can't get the 1 to disappear.
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    edited August 2012
    federica said:

Still get a mile-long gap between post at the top of the page, and the next one.... :scratch:

Same here. I don't like this new fangled change. It's all messed up!

Tell whoever it is in charge to change it back; immediately.

• ToshTosh Veteran
    I shrank my screen down to show the gap here:

Photobucket
    RebeccaS
  • Mine was doing that but it stopped for some reason? I figured the bug was fixed. Maybe a browser issue? I'm using Chrome if that helps.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    I'd like to request a link to Recent Discussions at the bottom of a thread.
    RebeccaS said:

I can't lol my own funnies.

that's probably because you don't find them funny. I dunno!! :D

RebeccaS
    I noticed that now when I quote someone it doesn't automatically say who the quote is from, so I have to type @whoever in front.....
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Might be a bit before all the bugs are fixed since I know @Lincoln is hella busy with more pressing issues at the moment. Just try to be patient. :)
  • What is promote?
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    It seems to be a special star only receivable from the lofty realms of moderaters.
    If I dissapear after this post it means, they have other offerings as well. .
    Speaking of disapearing, does the ominous LAYOUT CHANGE COMING mean that they really know something about the 2012 end of the world?
    ZeroMaryAnne
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    @RebeccaS, What @how said.
  • Lol, thanks guys.
    @Lincoln, I wonder if it would be possible to instate/re-instate the date a thread is first posted, on the thread indexes.... it's just nice to be able to spot whether a thread is relatively new, recent or resurrected from the dusty cobwebbed vaults of yesteryear.....
    federica said:

@Lincoln, I wonder if it would be possible to instate/re-instate the date a thread is first posted, on the thread indexes.... it's just nice to be able to spot whether a thread is relatively new, recent or resurrected from the dusty cobwebbed vaults of yesteryear.....

Uhuh.... I just gave advice in a thread posted two years ago. I wonder if it is even still applicable? Heh!