Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The best thing that happened to you today.

1235»

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    edited May 2013
    LOL @person I keep hoping too, but the site that everyone is getting it from is a satire site. I'm not sure I'd want to wish her on any other state though, either.
    sovariverflow
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    BEEj that is splendid. :D nice that you've got a young buddha in the classroom :)
    Beej
  • I got two wireless repeaters to sync up and connect to our main router.

It was a lot of effort, but our wireless problem is now solved.
    sovalobster
  • edited May 2013
    @person- Yeah, I saw that too but then found out that the Daily Currant is a satirical site.
    :( It seemed so believable...
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited May 2013
    The worst thing that happened to me today is I found out that the Michelle Bachmann promise to leave the state was satire. :(
    karastilobsterriverflow
  • :) sorry I ruined your day.
    sovapersonlobster
  • Best thing that happened was not getting spat on by a lama
    personkarasti
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    LOL @kashi I hope you mean llama and not lama!
    person
  • kashi said:

Best thing that happened was not getting spat on by a lama

For the traditional types, being spat on by a lama would have been the best thing.
    Beejlobsterperson
  • @kashi- the night is young.
    sovaBeejlobster
  • I did mean lama.. .as in our little buddy up there lol
    Beejkarasti
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    Today my landlord greeted me at the door with two couches! Since I just moved a couple of months ago it is nice to have some furniture. Hard to believe they have been in his family for a while.

So a good part of the day was spent re-arranging for feng-shui and general happiness. Something about re-Tetris-ing the room makes happiness.

And! I used http://onlinemeditationtimer.com -- the gong sound is beautiful and lingers very nicely.
    JeffreyVastmindBeejlobster
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    edited May 2013
    @sova- i loved the use of the term "re-tetrising"! Everytime i pack a car for a road trip, i play a little "luggage Tetris". That game changed the way we look at the world. LOL to that! :)
    Vastmindsova
    Did Michelle Bachmann leave the state?
    riverflowsovakarasti
  • Today I found a small injured bird outside my door. The bird seemed to be EXTREMELY tired, as it fell asleep in my arms almost immediately after picking it up out of the dirt, to make sure ants or something else doesn't attack it. I was saddened by what happened to the bird, so I took it to the Game and Fish Department where I live, and they're going to have someone who works with rehabilitating all kinds of wild creatures, pick it up and HOPEFULLY nurse it back to health so it'll once again fly freely. While I still am saddened, I'm happy that it'll be able to get a second chance to fly, and will be in the care of those who love all animals enough to care for those that need it.
    personriverflowlobstersova

Today I found a small injured bird outside my door. The bird seemed to be EXTREMELY tired, as it fell asleep in my arms almost immediately after picking it up out of the dirt, to make sure ants or something else doesn't attack it. I was saddened by what happened to the bird, so I took it to the Game and Fish Department where I live, and they're going to have someone who works with rehabilitating all kinds of wild creatures, pick it up and HOPEFULLY nurse it back to health so it'll once again fly freely. While I still am saddened, I'm happy that it'll be able to get a second chance to fly, and will be in the care of those who love all animals enough to care for those that need it.

To my mind it seems like the bird falling asleep once you picked it up means the bird was struggling to stay awake so it could protect itself, but it sensed that it was now being cared for and could succumb to the exhaustion.

Perhaps just a pleasant fiction on my part, but it makes me feel good to think of it like that.
    sovaericcris10sen
  • CheChe Veteran
    Went to town to get a bit for our heater, there's one of those do it yourself car washes next door to the car park I was in. In the car wash was a young man in a wheel chair washing a car, he was fairly debilitated because his carer/friend was pushing his wheelchair while he was brushing and rinsing the car. I thought it was a beautiful thing.
    riverflowlobstersova
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    Using FaceTime (similar to Skype video phone) for family chat. Awesome.
    sovaChe
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    I got a thread deleted. I always feel especially accomplished when that happens. :D
  • @Person yea I think that was the reason. I wanted to give the bird more time to sleep before I went on the road trip to Game and Fish, because it just seemed exhausted. But I wasn't sure how it was injured and the extent of the injuries, so I didn't want to keep it with me very long ( AS MUCH AS I WANTED TO! ).
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Nevermind said:

I got a thread deleted. I always feel especially accomplished when that happens. :D

Hate to disappoint you, but - No, you didn't.

Invincible_summer
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    edited May 2013
    Was it too embarrassing? how ironic. :p
    Invincible_summer
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Nevermind said:

Was it too embarrassing? how ironic. :p

What the hell are you talking about?

Quit being a jerk. OK?

lobster
    As the original objective of this thread seems to have been lost in the maelstrom of sarcasm, digs and pointlessly idiotic posts, I'm closing it.
    And you all know who you can point fingers at, if that is your wish.
    Invincible_summerlobster
This discussion has been closed.