Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Student Of The Path

124»

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Robe malfunctions :lol: Thank you :) I always enjoy following your open and honest journey.

Vastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2016

(Have a glass of water handy, next time! :D )

Let us know when the name-change happens - we'll deal with it...

lobstersilver
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

"Robe malfunction"!!! Love it.....

May you have peace and bring peace to those you encounter @Jayantha. <3

federica
  • Hi @Jayantha. So happy to have you with us and hearing your insights. I wish Bhavana Society was closer to where I live so I could pay a visit. Very inspirational to hear from you. Much metta to you friend.

• @karasti said:
    Robe malfunctions :lol: Thank you :) I always enjoy following your open and honest journey.

Pah!

Don't let those monastics fool you.
    Why are you flashing bikkhu?
    'My robes fell off'.

A likely story! :p

[OK already, I'm off to 'disrespecting sangha' corner - my shell fell off/I am moulting] :3

Bunkskerance
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@lobster, I should rap your knuckles for that.... That's disrespecting the Dhamma....

Behave yourself. Seriously.

lobster
  • Behave yourself. Seriously.

My apologies.

Knew today might not be the day to invoke Vajrayogini ... O.o

Buddhaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi.
    Dhammaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi.
    Saṅghaṃ saraṇaṃ gacchāmi.

My apologies to everyone who is offended by the extinct sky clad Super-Sangha ...

If I have gone too far, I will be in the punishment corner, banging my head with my knuckled claws ... awaiting further chastisement. o:)

Well, you know, I'm just trying to inject an atmosphere of hilarious solemnity, here....

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

It's great to hear from you again, I always enjoy your updates.

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited August 2016

@Jayantha said:
    Latest update on my experience as a monastic and upcoming Bhikkhu ordination

As we know, the uniformed dharma branch are sacrificing and reaping for our benefit. Without them we would just be another bunch of flockless Trump shearing sheep :3

Therefore it is only right we respect their robe shifting, lack of hair and secluded efforts.

Just in case you are unaware of the right response of long haired, lax, wannabe Buddhists ...

I take refuge in the Buddha.
    I take refuge in the Dharma.
    I take refuge in the Sangha.

Another three jewels for my rubbish pile of holy rocks o:) [back of the class for crustacean once again ...]

edited September 2016

What a wondrous time it has been. And I count us all as extraordinarily fortunate, if not blessed, to have had you among us, sharing your path with us. What a privilege, and one very few can ever boast of having enjoyed.
    Namaste, in the very essence of the word, Namaste to you.

lobsterWalkerBunksVastmind
  • How exciting.
    Good luck Jayantha. May all be well. Marvellous. Thanks for sharing.

WalkerBunksVastmind
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

So when are you getting your woolly Buddha hat? I am worried about your head getting cold. :p

• @SpinyNorman said:
    So when are you getting your woolly Buddha hat? I am worried about your head getting cold. :p

I wear a warm beanie all year round while im indoors at the monastery, the fans and pollen do a number on me.

• O.o

Will you soon be ex-man, member of Dharma League or Borg Bhikkhu? :glasses:

You have been assimulated? Resistence is futile ... <3

BunksKundo
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran

Great video that explains the benefits of the Vinaya @Jayantha, Thanks.

lobster
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran

@lobster said:
    O.o

Will you soon be ex-man, member of Dharma League or Borg Bhikkhu? :glasses:

You have been assimulated? Resistence is futile ... <3

LOL...

I think shooting a beam of light out of my eyes is not one of the powers listed in the Suttas, but I'll take it ;)

lobstersilver

That should liven up Meditation Q&A time....

silverlobsterKundo
  • I consider @Jayantha joining the 'Sons of the Buddha' to be a heroic act, that we all benefit from. It is inspiring, offers a teacher/teaching. Outstanding. May all be auspicious. May all benefit. <3

federicasilverkarasti
  • Kisses and Hugs

Deep Bow!
    ... bravo, congratulations.

OK no time to lose, now you are a teaching, look forward to your first 'official' sermon/discernment.

edited October 2016

@Jayantha said: @federica I'm ready for that name change now :)

Bhikkhu Jayasara is good.

@Linc, could we please arrange this? Many thanks!

Namaste, Bhikku Jayasara! Welcome to our community! How wonderful, how wonderful things exactly as they are!

We rejoice in your fulfilment, and our good fortune to have you with us as an ordained member!

pegembaralobsterDavid
  • CinorjerCinorjer Veteran
    edited October 2016

My friend, I'm filled with joy for your successful journey so far, and gratitude for you sacrificing your valuable time to share it with us in this tiny corner of cyberspace. The smiles at your ordination told me this is the path for you. I loved your teachings.

As long as people like you are around, the Sangha is in good hands.

lobsterVastmindDavid
  • Now, You become the path itself.

Cinorjerlobster

a short video when asked my final thoughts before ordination -

lobsternamarupaWalkerpegembara
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited October 2016

^^ Excellent brevity.

Now that Jayasara (dharma super hero) is amongst us, we will have to be on our best behavour. Looking forward to any new post ceremony interior travel log ins ... Bring a bottle your bikkhu chums Jayasara, Sun of the Buddha ... <3

Live Long and Prosper

• Namaste Bhikkhu Jayasara,

Congratulations! Looking forward to listen to the first sermon/Dharma talk from Bhikkhu Jayasara. :)

What just might be one of the last posts I make in this thread. If your interested in watching what a higher ordination is like. The actual ceremony in Pali is about 25 minutes, but then Bhante G repeats the WHOLE ceremony again in English for everyone to understand.

namarupa

@Jayantha, Bhante, I have alerted @Linc to your requested name-change. I'm sure he will comply as soon as he can.

Bunkslobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited March 2017

Cool. How wonderful. <3

I only managed to watch 2/3 of your 'you know' ... video. I am such a slacker ... :3
    Now you are officially Sanga'd - Bravo. <3

Must be question time? :)

In the Theravadin tradition we have dharani and relics and other reminders of practice.
    To my amazement (will wonders never cease) my virtual prayer wheels (not a bigee in Western Dharma) seem very potent in some strange way.

Can you say something about sanctity and sacred space, in relation to what we might term non sentient artifacts? Would you say intent and resonance effects surroundings? Do you think this is beyond association and reminder/remembrance?

@lobster said:
    Cool. How wonderful. <3

I only managed to watch 2/3 of your 'you know' ... video. I am such a slacker ... :3
    Now you are officially Sanga'd - Bravo. <3

Must be question time? :)

In the Theravadin tradition we have dharani and relics and other reminders of practice.
    To my amazement (will wonders never cease) my virtual prayer wheels (not a bigee in Western Dharma) seem very potent in some strange way.

Can you say something about sanctity and sacred space, in relation to what we might term non sentient artifacts? Would you say intent and resonance effects surroundings? Do you think this is beyond association and reminder/remembrance?

honestly I have no idea, although I suppose with the prayer wheel, is it really the wheel that sends out goodwill, or is it a tool for your mind to do so? If the latter then virtual or physical I don't think it matters.

ToshHozanlobster
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Mazal Tov and much metta to you!!!! I'm so happy for you <3
    _ /\ _

HozanlobsterBunks
  • Peace to your path good sir I appreciate your point of view!

Very inspirational.

BunksHozan
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Love and appreciate your honesty mate.......

Hozanwojciech
  • Aren't these talks ?? great. All done without the help of tissues. :o

They are deservedly highly appreciated. What Bhikkhu Jayasara may need is an action cam, to go to the mountain and record a flow of dharma ... rather than selfie video mode ...

Mindful multitasking? Is it possible?

Bunks
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Thanks so much for sharing all of this with us @BhikkhuJayasara.

I remember ribbing you about whether or not you'd be taking your gun. Many apologies and may I say it's very good to see how well you're doing with it all.

It's been a little while since I saw this thread and seeing @Cinorjer last post made me miss him and wonder if by his wording, he knew what was up.

Not to derail, just an observance, sorry.

Bunks
  • Namaste @BikkhuJayasara

Thank you for your much appreciated insights.

The life of a villager is beyond overrated.

The joy of freedom will eventually find you.

Metta

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Thank you @BikkhuJayasara for the story of your journey, it certainly sounds like it hasn’t been easy. The phenomenon of the wall and the panic attack is something familiar, I hope you don’t let it get you down, in the end, whatever the circumstances, we all just carry on...

Bunks