Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What music are you listening to?

Comments

• Jeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

• I do like dancing autonomous robot doggies

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited April 2019

Hmm nice @lobster .... a case of shake your [ro}botty ;)

lobster
  • Rowan1980Rowan1980 Keeper of the Zoo Asheville, NC Veteran

My default has been Nine Inch Nails and Coheed & Cambria for the last several months.

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@lobster said:
    I do like dancing autonomous robot doggies

My husband showed me that last night :)

edited April 2019

https://youtu.be/u0IwRT-MLNM

I can't embed this for some reason :(

lobsterRowan1980
  • @kundo - dont link the URL, just paste it raw ...
    Here is your link <3

Rowan1980
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Can't keep up... soothing though... mantra for turbulent times....

Rowan1980
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I discovered soul train through this, pretty funny

• What is wrong with those people @Kerome - wearing platforms and flares as if it is cool. It is now practically illegal to dress like that ...

Music and fashion and sheeple ...
    I was too embarrassed to laugh. I did smile though ...
    Many thanks ...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Oh mah sweet Lawd....

@lobster said:
    @kundo - dont link the URL, just paste it raw ...
    Here is your link <3

I love this album. I bought it a while back and still listen to it pretty regularly.

Kundo

Beautiful voice, she was discovered as a small girl on Norway Has Talent and is now a teen...

JeffreyLee82
  • Lee82Lee82 Veteran

@Rowan1980 said:
    My default has been Nine Inch Nails and Coheed & Cambria for the last several months.

C&C are great, gotta love Claudio Sanchez!

You might also like Thrice and Brand New.

• Lee82Lee82 Veteran

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Pops music again ...

JeroenVastmind
  • NamadaNamada Veteran

Lee82Shoshinlobster

Kali..Hindu goddess of Time Destruction & Power...Neat... I like it :)

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited May 2019

Just a friendly reminder... <3<3<3

Remember...Fear is the enemy.....and this too is just an illusion....

Guilobster
  • GuiGui Veteran

JeffreyJeroenShoshin

My mother used to listen to this a lot, and I always thought it was a very pure expression of emotion as music...

• Lee82Lee82 Veteran

Been following these for a while, incredible voices and harmonies...

lobster

Acapella...

• Lee82Lee82 Veteran

Indeed @federica and my favourite of theirs has to be Elgar’s Nimrod...

lobster
    edited May 2019

Aaah, Enigma Variations... They played this at my Father's funeral. The orchestral, not the Acapella...

I had not realised it had lyrics added... Lovely.

God, she can hit a high note! Goose bumps!!

For those who can't make up their mind....

Kundo

It’s Siouxsie Sioux’s birthday today. :)

edited May 2019

UB40 ( I remember seeing them in the Netherlands back in the 1970s before they they hit the big time,,,It was a free open air concert held in a park in Amsterdam...)

Rowan1980Bunks
    edited May 2019

For the Zen practitioner ;);)

Kundo

Maybe this one is only interesting if your German is good enough, but it’s quite a fun song, about how Alcohol is the anaesthetic of choice for the common people...

Bunks
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

Ha I listened to the lyrics of this song again and it's sarcastic message is very Buddhist in my opinion. I listened to it as a 10 year old when it was on MTV and kind of got it but not exactly. I think the lojong mind training reminds me of this song "turning Gods into demons". As we get our "Big Time TM" spiritual practice!

nakazcid

lobster
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Very appropriate to today. Temperature hightwenties.... Just for one day though, it seems. So Summer in the UK is officially June 29th 2019, between the hours of 09.26 and 19.04.... Grab it while it's hot! :D

Bunks

Rowing across Samsara... :)

Bunks
  • NamadaNamada Veteran

• lobsterlobster Veteran

edited July 2019

Great new album from them (showing my age)

• NamadaNamada Veteran

edited July 2019

While at my daughter's house for a long weekend, celebrating her 36th birthday (oh Shut UP! Thirty-bleedin'-6! No way! Yes way!!) We compiled a Spotify list of all the best tunes I can think of that I have grown to love over the years... from the Hollies "The Air that I breathe" to Disturbed's "Sound of Silence" and many wonderful tunes and songs in between... all with a specific significance... While driving home (which took nearly 4 hours!) I listened to the full list, random play, and it was sheer bliss! So "What Music Are You Listening To?" The bloody best mate, the bloody best....

Bunks

nakazcidJeroen
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Madonna’s take on living in the desire realms...

Shoshin

Loituma with Ieva’s Polkka... amazing voicework

ShoshinNamada
    edited July 2019

Folk acapella... Tidy!

ETA: Don't know what they're singing about, but it sounds like a farmer taking his cow to market, to give milk to buy eggs.. then takes the eggs to buy bread, then takes the bread to buy a bag, then takes the bag to buy a quail, then takes the quail to buy a rabbit, then takes the rabbit... oh, anyway, he ends back up with his cow and nothing else....!