Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Funny Stuff

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

That's not really funny @swaroop.... that's actually anti-semitic and quite offensive...

I'll give you a chance to reflect on how many compassionate, embracing and understanding people on here, you might be offending....

lobster
  • SwaroopSwaroop India Veteran

Antisemitic? The cross and the Crescent are also there. I thought it was aimed at those people who believe in a creator God.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I don't need to pray.

I'll just tell you.
    It's not funny, and it's not clever.

Stop.

• SwaroopSwaroop India Veteran

Okay
    Sorry.

Oh, my ego looks nothing like that. My Ego looks like this:

That's what makes it so irresistible...

lobsterFosdickVastmindJohnCobb
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

But which one is your ego? :p

rohitFosdick

The one which looks cute. ;)

lobsterFosdick
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Vastmind said:
    I walked into the grocery store yesterday and realized there was no way I would get shopping done if I didn't use the restroom. I walked to the back of the store, and ran in the bathroom hoping I wasn't going to tinkle on myself. Swung the door open, and immediately thought "why the hell are there sinks on the wall"? I turned around and saw Adjua standing outside the door and she says " mommy...your in the mens room" :3. .... First time in my life I ever did that. Hahaha.

I did something similar in London many years ago. Went to the local indoor swimming pool for a dip. Walked into the change rooms (which were empty thank god!), stripped completely naked and put my swimmers on. Carried my bag out and went for a swim.

After my swim I went back to the change rooms but realised I'd gone into the Ladies earlier!!!

I was just thankful no-one came in when I was in there initially.

WalkerShoshinVastmind

And......

@person said:
    I'll bring the llamanade.

Maybe we can ask @SpinyNorman to bring some dromederian ice cream with a camel swirl.

I don't think @SpinyNorman is coming...he's got the hump :winky:

personrohit

I can loom-knit one!

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Its even got the droopy ear lobes

• I want one!

Our local sangha visited a cemetery recently to practice slow mindful walking, we got a couple of funny looks from passers-by who probably wondered if we were zombies or something. It would have been great if we'd all been wearing one of those hats. :p

I can take pre-non-celebrated-Christmas orders...!

Steve_B
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited September 2016

Cute hat! It looks like a popcorn stitch (in crochet) - my grandmother taught me to crochet, knit, embroider, needle work, crewel work, you name it. She made a gorgeous pink and gray afghan using a similar stitch.

Oh. That wasn't funny? Well, how 'bout this?

WalkerShoshin
  • @federica said:
    I can take pre-non-celebrated-Christmas orders...!

If nobody's taken you up on this, let me be the first. Seriously. Could be the NB equivalent of Tshirts!

• @Cinorjer said:
    I want one!

Does it come in black with gold ear lobes, with a hole for earrings, tassels etc?
    @Jayantha needs one as the Sangha stole his hair ...

@lobster said:> @Jayantha needs one as the Sangha stole his hair ...

He would look so cute in one of those hats!

lobster
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited September 2016

haha , I am a staunch buddha was bald kind of guy, so I'm already wearing the Buddha's hairstyle ;). And I also have plenty of winter clothing so I need nothing.

I saw this on reddit about 5 days ago and made a joke " does it come in red", people actually started looking and I get a PM from someone saying his sister could knit me one if I wanted. Reactions I was not expecting from reddit.

But the answer is yes, it comes in red, and other colors.

lobster

As I have stated elsewhere, @Jayantha if you want one, I'll do one for you. At a bargain price... :tongue:

edited September 2016

Technical difficulties, normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, do not adjust your set or twiddle your knobs.

silver
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Lie detector silly passed along in email:

silverShoshinBunks

Some @lobster humour....

WalkerKotishka
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

35 accents:

Sophie101

I'd like to know how long it took the cartoonist to work that phrase into a joke!

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Yes, tea time is so relaxing...

DairyLamaShoshin

A funny from @silver ...

WalkerpersonShoshin
  • Steve_BSteve_B Veteran
    edited September 2016

Anyone interested in a rather unexpected Trump impression?

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/09/22/dalai-lama-trump-impression-orig.cnn

I think it was very kind of him to not point out that his brain is also like that. Flapping and small...

• The results for this years igNoble prizes (actual but rather pointless scientific research) are in:

Reproduction Prize - The late Ahmed Shafik, for testing the effects of wearing polyester, cotton, or wool trousers on the sex life of rats.
    Economics Prize - Mark Avis and colleagues, for assessing the perceived personalities of rocks, from a sales and marketing perspective.
    Physics Prize - Gabor Horvath and colleagues, for discovering why white-haired horses are the most horsefly-proof horses, and for discovering why dragonflies are fatally attracted to black tombstones.
    Chemistry Prize - Volkswagen, for solving the problem of excessive automobile pollution emissions by automatically, electromechanically producing fewer emissions whenever the cars are being tested.
    Medicine Prize - Christoph Helmchen and colleagues, for discovering that if you have an itch on the left side of your body, you can relieve it by looking into a mirror and scratching the right side of your body (and vice versa).
    Psychology Prize - Evelyne Debey and colleagues, for asking a thousand liars how often they lie, and for deciding whether to believe those answers.
    Peace Prize - Gordon Pennycook and colleagues, for their scholarly study called "On the Reception and Detection of Pseudo-Profound Bullshit".
    Biology Prize - Awarded jointly to: Charles Foster, for living in the wild as, at different times, a badger, an otter, a deer, a fox, and a bird; and to Thomas Thwaites, for creating prosthetic extensions of his limbs that allowed him to move in the manner of, and spend time roaming hills in the company of, goats.
    Literature Prize - Fredrik Sjoberg, for his three-volume autobiographical work about the pleasures of collecting flies that are dead, and flies that are not yet dead.
    Perception Prize - Atsuki Higashiyama and Kohei Adachi, for investigating whether things look different when you bend over and view them between your legs.

http://www.improbable.com/ig/winners/

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited September 2016

@lobster said:
    The results for this years igNoble prizes (actual but rather pointless scientific research) are in:

Reproduction Prize - The late Ahmed Shafik, for testing the effects of wearing polyester, cotton, or wool trousers on the sex life of rats.
    Economics Prize - Mark Avis and colleagues, for assessing the perceived personalities of rocks, from a sales and marketing perspective.
    Physics Prize - Gabor Horvath and colleagues, for discovering why white-haired horses are the most horsefly-proof horses, and for discovering why dragonflies are fatally attracted to black tombstones.
    Chemistry Prize - Volkswagen, for solving the problem of excessive automobile pollution emissions by automatically, electromechanically producing fewer emissions whenever the cars are being tested.
    Medicine Prize - Christoph Helmchen and colleagues, for discovering that if you have an itch on the left side of your body, you can relieve it by looking into a mirror and scratching the right side of your body (and vice versa).
    Psychology Prize - Evelyne Debey and colleagues, for asking a thousand liars how often they lie, and for deciding whether to believe those answers.
    Peace Prize - Gordon Pennycook and colleagues, for their scholarly study called "On the Reception and Detection of Pseudo-Profound Bullshit".
    Biology Prize - Awarded jointly to: Charles Foster, for living in the wild as, at different times, a badger, an otter, a deer, a fox, and a bird; and to Thomas Thwaites, for creating prosthetic extensions of his limbs that allowed him to move in the manner of, and spend time roaming hills in the company of, goats.
    Literature Prize - Fredrik Sjoberg, for his three-volume autobiographical work about the pleasures of collecting flies that are dead, and flies that are not yet dead.
    Perception Prize - Atsuki Higashiyama and Kohei Adachi, for investigating whether things look different when you bend over and view them between your legs.

http://www.improbable.com/ig/winners/

These are funny. I just want to mention that tonight is the 3rd annual Golden Goose awards for seemingly stupid science that led to breakthrough and scientific progress.

http://www.goldengooseaward.org/history/

Winners include studies on the effects of massage on infant rats and the sex life of the screwworm fly.