Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Covid Cabin

1151617181921»

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Jeffrey said:
    "Beneath the image of the bull in the center of the painting, there was a pentimento of a ship’s mast."

Kind of a vocabulary word that makes me think of artists, attitude, and image.

It comes from the latin/Italian, 'Pentire' which means 'repent'. The artist 'regretted' having painted an image, and decides to use the canvas, to paint another picture, on top of the previous image, which then shows through faintly....

how
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited April 2022

I am dying again …

Think I had Covid, probably omicron after visiting a supermarket, which for the first ten minutes I wandered around totally bewildered.

• First I had an unexplained soreness in my covid vaccination arm for two days
    • Then a fever, which has broken, moving into slight inflammation of upper lungs
    • May have lost some taste, hopefully temporary

… And I am still alive … Yeah!

Meanwhile one of the vulnerable I try to look after, went into 3 hours of semi-comatose shutdown. I think the use of electric cattle prods is forbidden? Ah well waited it out and back they came … :+1:

Shoshin1FleaMarkethowKotishka
  • Feel better @lobster.

lobster
  • Have you been tested or had a rats test @lobster ?

The manager at work caught Covid last weekend....
    I did my first test yesterday...

• @Shoshin1 said:
    Have you been tested or had a rats test @lobster ?

I have been tested. Quite severely. ;)
    Well I have whiskers in my lobster form … but pretty sure I am not a rat. However I will keep an open mind. Many thanks. <3

Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Just tested positive this morning.

So far just a slight cough and a little tired.

Wish me luck =)<3

JeffreyFleaMarketKotishka
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

From what little I have learned about communicating with someone having an experience I dare not say is the same as mine, I hope you know your kindness is appreciated and we ask for both you continue in this world and keep shining your lantern of kindness and concern.

Bunks
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

Maybe 5 % of folks here still wear masks and Covid stories are happening everywhere around us. Mostly they are describing basic flu like symptoms.

Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@how said:
    Maybe 5 % of folks here still wear masks and Covid stories are happening everywhere around us. Mostly they are describing basic flu like symptoms.

For me so far I wouldn't even say it's as bad as a typical cold. But it could get worse.....

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

May you stay as well as well can be @Bunks ...The positive case numbers are starting to slowly rise again here on the island...

Bunkslobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@Bunks said:
    For me so far I wouldn't even say it's as bad as a typical cold. But it could get worse.....

Sounds good. Could be Omicron. I had it. Really improves your immunity to covid variants …

May the Buddha/force be with you

Bunks
  • Take care @Bunks, I hope it passes quick and with mild force.

Bunks
  • Went out of state to visit family and spiked a fever the day I got home. Now I'm on the mend and my parents are gettin' it.

Shoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Hope it wasn’t covid… recent variants are a lot less deadly but still no fun