Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Good food

For me less would be good. Also more
... fruit and veg that is

My bestest food favs are:

• smoothies
  • fruit salad
  • air fried sweet potato fries

What food is your best?

Shoshin1

Comments

• We are what we eat some say, well at least I'm not a glut
    Hmm I would like to be a fruit or vegetable, but at best I'm just a nut
    ;)

lobsterコチシカ
  • KeromeKerome Certainty is the enemy of wonder The Continent Veteran
    edited January 3

I eat fruit and veg only when forced to (which is regularly), or when tempted by others who leave it in a bowl out on the table when I make my rounds... my fave foods are...

• Biscuits
    • Cake
    • Coffee

But I also enjoy

• Pea soup
    • Celeriac soufflé
    • Boerenkool stamppot
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited January 3

I like bread with toppings and baked. For example bread, mayonnaise, cheese, seasoning, more...

I also like casseroles. For example: chicken, cheese, rice, broccoli, made with canned soups and other ingredients

For dessert an easy pantry dessert is to bake (on a cast iron skillet in oven) bread, softened butter spread on, cinnamon sugar, bake for a few minutes

Also food is a favorite topic with me!

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited January 4

@Shoshin1 said:
    We are what we eat some say, well at least I'm not a glut
    Hmm I would like to be a fruit or vegetable, but at best I'm just a nut
    ;)

<3

Bravo @Shoshin

Being in charge of food ordering, I have some control of what comfort food is available. For example yesterday we had home made mini brioche rolls with organic butter and 50% wholemeal flour. We had them with sugar free jam for a lunchtime pudding. I have ordered a new vegan meatless sausage and other new try outs. Where feasible I buy organic and fairtrade. I substitute Greek and kefir yogurt for cream and sour cream ...

Lately we have only been having a very light supper.

Fruit, vegetable and nut/bean is my ideal diet. Two meals a day would suit me also and no snacking but food is often a social/family sit down ... o:)

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

My favourites are kimchi, sauerkraut, natto, kefir and sticky rice.
    Love broccoli and homemade hollandaise, and cauliflower toast. Avocado, h/m kefir cheese and babaganoush also figure strongly.
    I am a ferment/preserves nut.

lobster
  • ChoephalChoephal UK Explorer

Pasta including, giant couscous which is actually a variety of pasta. Rice with veg. Sweet potatoes, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, real artisanal Red Leicester cheese. Good ol’ carrots, squashes. Pak Choi.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Avocado, h/m kefir cheese and babaganoush also figure strongly.
    I am a ferment/preserves nut.

I needs babaganoush. :mrgreen:

Never even knew it existed. Looked it up. Seems like you can live on it ...

Baba ghanoush, also spelled baba ganoush or baba ghanouj, is a Levantine appetizer of mashed cooked eggplant mixed with tahini, olive oil, possibly lemon juice, and various seasonings. Traditionally, mutabbal is the condiment aforedescribed and baba ghanoush is more like a salad dip made with pomegranate molasses and olive oil, and often without tahini.

Food. Don't settle for substitutes.

Bunks
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think the liminal space Veteran
    edited January 8

For my cheat day I've started often making homemade pizza. From the dough to the sauce to the evil sausage seasoning.

I'm not that experimental so far, just the basics. But I think my cheese pizza is pretty good.

lobsterBunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited January 8

Evil sausage seasoning ...

Sounds wickedly good already. Pizza is a computer nerd staple. Here is how to healthify it:

• garlic for vampire protection
    • varied toms, fresh fruit and veg
    • fish (sorry lobsters eat lovely fishes)

We get frozen pizza dough balls (even though we have bread maker)

https://www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/healthy-homemade-pizza/

“Izza pizza”

Bunks
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think the liminal space Veteran

@lobster said:

Evil sausage seasoning ...

Sounds wickedly good already. Pizza is a computer nerd staple. Here is how to healthify it:

• garlic for vampire protection
    • varied toms, fresh fruit and veg
    • fish (sorry lobsters eat lovely fishes)

We get frozen pizza dough balls (even though we have bread maker)

https://www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/healthy-homemade-pizza/

“Izza pizza”

• luigi

Never had store bought frozen pizza dough balls, but when I make dough I make enough for two and freeze one ball for later. Your link talked about using a pizza pan, but IMO a pizza stone is a must for fresh pizza dough, you just can't get the properly crispy bottom otherwise. And its pretty impossible to get low moisture whole milk mozzarella around here. I keep reading that regular whole milk mozz is too moist for pizza, but I do agree that adding a bit of parm into the cheese mix makes a big difference.

lobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Vegemite and avocado on sourdough.....yum!

Shoshin1
  • ChoephalChoephal UK Explorer

@Bunks said:
    Vegemite and avocado on sourdough.....yum!

Why not do it properly and use Marmite?🧐 Ducks.....

Shoshin1
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Pak Choi

I likes it. Stays fresh a long time is the fridge. Healthy flavour.

Does anyone cook sweet bananas with the skin? Must try that in fruit curry.