Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun: the random, useless announcements thread!

DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
edited June 2013 in General Banter
Inspired by a thread on another forum I'm on, announce anything you wish (as long as it is within forum rules! ); no matter how minor, insignificant or pointless.

I'll start. Today I had an ever so healthy dinner of tortilla chips and salsa.
TheEccentricBrownbuddha[Deleted User]

Comments

• NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    edited June 2013
    Announcing... [drumroll] ... my tongue :nyah:
    DaftChrisAkanerohitNadlatst
  • It is 56 degrees, raining and green...the yard needs mowing
    DaftChris
  • Hi.
    Invincible_summerKindhumanbeing
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    @SillyPutty

Hello. :)
  • DaftChris said:
    Cool.

Okay. This is my real announcement. See I've been waiting all day for you to call me baby. So lets get up let's get on it don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight. Com'on. That's right.
    Lucy_Begood
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    edited June 2013

DaftChris said:
    See I've been waiting all day for you to call me baby. So lets get up let's get on it don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight. Com'on. That's right.
    Honest baby, I'll do anything you want to.
    So can we finish what we started?
    Don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight.
    Come on, that's right, cheerio.
  • DaftChris said:

DaftChris said:
    See I've been waiting all day for you to call me baby. So lets get up let's get on it don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight. Com'on. That's right.
    Honest baby, I'll do anything you want to.
    So can we finish what we started?
    Don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight.
    Come on, that's right, cheerio.
    Ok.

• SillyPuttySillyPutty Veteran
    edited June 2013
    Nevermind said:

Speaking of food, they just opened a Wholefoods market in my neighborhood. My cost of living just increased substantially. :orange:

I love Whole Foods. Their prepared foods section is the best expensive faux health food ever. McDonald's with a hefty price tag. Ooooh yeah.

Invincible_summerRebornFlareon
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    I smoke alot. It takes up alot of my time. My life is going nowhere.
  • The Time is ......................... NOW ! ;)
    Nadlatst
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I'm out of 'everything' dishwasher - so right now, it makes the perfect drying rack, and frees my kitchen sink drainer!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Rosemary doesn't go in pasta. Too strong.
  • riverflowriverflow Veteran
    edited June 2013
    federica said:

Rosemary doesn't go in pasta. Too strong.

Sure it does-- I'm putting only a wee bit in.

My first thought was "Oh, I can bake some chicken" and then I remembered I've gone vegetarian. Its the first time I've had that sort of automatic thought since February. haha
    federicaInvincible_summerFlareonNadlatst
  • I don't have to get up early tomorrow \o/
    SillyPuttyJeffreyInvincible_summer
    edited June 2013
    federica said:

"Excuse me ma'am, but the chef doesn't know what you mean by wanting your steak 'blue'.... Could you let him know?"

If anyone here is into steak, and would like to know how to 'test' meat for how well it's done (or otherwise) while cooking, here is - quite literally - the 'rule of thumb'.

In every case, you "test" the thumb-pad on your palm, with the opposite index-finger:

Assuming you use the left hand:

Tip of thumb to tip of index finger: - Blue.
    Tip of thumb to tip of middle finger: - rare
    Tip of thumb to tip of ring finger: - medium
    Tip of thumb to tip of little finger: - well done.

NOTE: There is NO SUCH THING as 'medium-rare'. It's impossible to cook a steak 'medium-rare', The 'gap' (between 'medium' and 'rare') is too narrow to get right.

[There's a distinct overlap into the 'Diet and Habits' forum here, but....oh well....:D ]
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    Thats brilliant...thank you federica.
    So is cutting your hair.....
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    I AM OUT OF TOILET PAPER!!!!11!!1!!!!!!
    That is worse than being enlightened.

It is raining. I approve.

:rockon:
    riverflowcvalueNadlatst
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    I messed up my joke. It was supposed to be that he's into not cutting his hair AND not mowing his lawn.
    sndymornReborn
    Announcement:

@person messed up his joke.
    It was still funny, and nobody noticed.
    SillyPuttyVastmindLucy_Begood
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    You are what you it. There are no mistakes. ;)
    I broke a nail.
    Damn. And they were just beginning to grow again.

Ah well..... :-/
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    The flowers on my little olive tree are just opening...about a month later than last year. A cold spring...How do I complain ?
    riverflowFlareon