Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Covid Cabin

Comments

• Just planted some covid sweet pea. They are in lockdown (inside) for now
    Planted them in loo roll cardboard root trainers and they are in used disposable gloves to force them a little.

... the variety is from Thomson and Morgan and very fragrant. It is called 'High Scent'

https://www.thompson-morgan.com/p/sweet-pea-high-scent/8679TM

BunksJeffrey
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

4 million people vaccinated in the UK... well done those British.

BunksShoshin1
  • Bunks
  • Well nothing is permanent, a Northland woman has tested positive, she arrived back in Aotearoa (NZ) on the 30th December spent two weeks in a quarantine hotel in Auckland CBD her two tests came back negative when she was in quarantine , however she started to experience mild symptoms on the 15 January...

She visited 30 businesses in Auckland and Northland, fortunately she used her covid tracer app, the health department will let the public know where she visited once they have notified the 30 businesses...Epidemiologists are checking to see if it's one of the super spreader strains of the virus...like the ones in the UK & South Africa...

We should know if we will go back into lockdown over the next couple of days...Hmm déjà vu....

Stay safe you guys (wherever you are on the planet) and for the non anti-vaxxers may you get vaccinated soon...Two family members in the UK both with COPD have had their first vaccination...

lobsterBunks
  • Morgan Freeman narrates ALL of 2020 in 6 minutes!

Maybe we are the virus...

lobster
  • Thanks @Shoshin

Wonderfully done .... 🙏🏽

• My mother had the astrazeneca vaccine this morning. It had been booked online after a letter from the NHS. However we were not on the centres record for that morning. Ay caramba.

They let us in. We were masked and gloved. Had her name address and NHS number.

Lovely staff. She gets a second dose in a couple of months.
    Back to isolating and lurking lockdown ...

How fortunate <3

JeffreyBunksShoshin1
  • This is true @Bunks... Life in Aotearoa is for the most part back to normal with the exceptions of restrictions on international travel, masks on all public transport in Auckland and air travel... but with this normal comes complacency, Kiwis going about their business in and out of shops, work places etc etc, very few using the contract tracing app or the register to sign in ( all businesses must displace a QR code and have a hardcopy register)...

The virus is already in Aotearoa be it in the quarantine hotels, but tests are not always 100% accurate, as was the case with the latest scare ie the woman who left quarantine, only to find she had the virus...

Bunks
  • Friends daughter Caroline tested positive. She is a nurse.
    They are both isolating as they live together ...

oooohhh this covid does get around ...

Watched this.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000rqy2
    Fascinating [in my best Spock voice]

BunksShoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Mother and stepfather have received details for their vaccination appointment, let’s hope it all goes smoothly.

Shoshin1lobsterBunks
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran
    edited February 2021

Mask wearing is mandatory on all public transport in the Auckland area, however .....

Ferry users alarmed by unmasked passengers on Waiheke Island crossing

Hmm...Back in the day people used to be alarmed when approached by people wearing masks...Now it's the opposite...

Bunkslobster
    edited February 2021

Just heard about the Victorian state going into level four lockdown for five days at midnight tonight ...Have you been going into work @Bunks or working from home ? Either way, stay safe...

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Shoshin1 said:
    Just heard about the Victorian state going into level four lockdown for five days at midnight tonight ...Have you been going into work @Bunks or working from home ? Either way, stay safe...

Thanks @Shoshin1

Working from home so no issues there. However I am moving house in the middle of it so there was a few anxious moments yesterday afternoon when I thought I might not be able to. In fact, I settle on my new home on Monday and the real estate agent called and said I won’t be able to get the keys as their office would be closed. I accepted it at first but then decided that was hogwash. Thankfully common sense prevailed and they’re going to leave it in a key safe on the property and give me the combination.

Shoshin1lobster
  • That's good to hear @Bunks ...Stay safe...

Bunks
  • It had to happen sooner or later....Three new community case in South Auckland Just watched the breaking news...

@Shoshin1 said:
    It had to happen sooner or later....Three new community case in South Auckland Just watched the breaking news...

Bugger! This will be our lives for at least the next year I suspect @Shoshin1. Unfortunately, try as we might, hotel quarantine can’t keep this thing tied down indefinitely

• Yes...The PM is holding a press conference at 7pm local time. so we'll see what happens from there...

• Well Auckland goes into level three lockdown at midnight tonight, the rest of Aotearoa goes to level two...

@Shoshin1 said:
    Well Auckland goes into level three lockdown at midnight tonight, the rest of Aotearoa goes to level two...

Sorry but I forget @Shoshin1, are you considered part of Auckland?

The vaccines are slowly rolling out here...

edited February 2021

@Bunks said:

@Shoshin1 said:
    Well Auckland goes into level three lockdown at midnight tonight, the rest of Aotearoa goes to level two...

Sorry but I forget @Shoshin1, are you considered part of Auckland?

Yes @Bunks and we have had heaps of Aucklanders coming to the island and locals travelling back and forth (including myself last week)...It's the quick spreading UK strain of the virus, so if anymore cases pop up I think we'll go into level four full lockdown...

• Well 4.30pm today we'll know whether or not Auckland will be staying at level three....
    I'm starting to have op shop withdrawal symptoms.... ;);)

• Well it's been almost a years that many of you have been on one level of lockdown or another...

How have you all been coping with the new normal?

Has a level of lockdown normality developed, for example routines in place like going for walks, other exercises, more time on the cushion, taken up new hobbies, etc etc....

• Good question @Shoshin1

Well ...

Heard kids playing in the winter sun on the street yesterday. This is something that was not happening before covid due to overprotective cosseting ...

I have taken up a daily morning meditation and yoga, that has positive effects.

Using zoom daily to keep in contact. More interest in political alternatives. Better transparency.

Recycling and other greening. Two bags of compost for my tiny garden seedlings efforts.

Covid has had many beneficial outcomes.

Shoshin1
  • Good one @lobster 👍
    Well just watching the PM giving an update...Phew, even though there are three more new community cases (all connected to the original cases-close contacts and already self isolating) we will still be shifting to level 2 midnight tonight...So back to work tomorrow for me..

• Hey @Bunks good news for you Victorians too, as of midnight tonight...Hope the move went well...

Bunks

@Shoshin1 said:
    Hey @Bunks good news for you Victorians too, as of midnight tonight...Hope the move went well...

Thanks @Shoshin1 - yes all done. Very tiring but out of the way now. Just need to finish unpacking some boxes over the weekend.
    Stay safe everyone! The vaccine is on its way

lobsterShoshin1
  • When it comes to the Covid19 and the vaccines available, I realise that there are some risks involved when having any vaccination, for example some suffer severe adverse effects...my sister being case in point, when she had the flu shot a few years ago, she became quite sick and vowed never to have another vaccination again...However she has since had her first Covid 19 shot, the reason why she changed her mind was that she caught Covid just before Xmas and said she had never felt so ill in all her life and didn't want to go through that again, so when she was offered the Covid vaccination, she took it on the chin (well in the arm in this case :) )....

I wonder if many of the anti vaxers suffer from trypanophobia and no it's not the name of a dinosaur ;);) it's the fear of needles ... ...It's possible a person who suffers from trypanophobia may go to great lengths in an attempt to avoid the needle...I guess this could lead to the rise of conspiracy theories...This is not to say that all sufferers would take such drastic measures....

Bunks
    edited February 2021

Well as of 6am this morning (Sunday NZ time) Auckland (including the island) are back in level 3 lockdown retreat for seven days..

• It's been a year today since we had our first covid case...

@Shoshin1 said:
    Well as of 6am this morning (Sunday NZ time) Auckland (including the island) are back in level 3 lockdown retreat for seven days..

Take care @Shoshin1 - hope it is a short one

Shoshin1
  • Thanks @Bunks, well apart from the op shops not being open (for me to get my fix) and working from home, not much else as changed...still jolking every morning, not too many people about which is a good thing...

Bunks
  • Well it's gloves off for our PM, she's talking tough with the people who caused this latest outbreak..

It turns out two families who had been told to self isolate, (the family at the centre of this outbreak and another family who was classed as close contact) ignored the instructions and the very next day they met up, the two mothers went for a walk together, and one of the son's visited a few places shops, restaurants and his place of study...

Up until now the PM has been quite lenient towards those who deliberately flaunt the lockdown rules, but today she let rip, which is understandable...

The whole of Auckland at level 3 lockdown and the rest of the country at level 2, thousands of people suffering and many feeling anxious about losing their jobs, not having enough money to pay their rent or mortgage...

Sorry to hear that @Shoshin1 - stay safe!

Shoshin1
  • Apart from a few isolated tribes yet to be discovered (lucky them), by now the rest of the world (deniers and non-deniers alike) should be well informed about the pandemic, example, how the virus spreads and the consequences of when one has the virus and when interacting with others could infect them and in turn those infected infect others including the most vulnerable....

Even though the vast majority who catch it survive, on a personal level it's not about me catching it and the possibility of 'me' dying, it's more so about if I catch it and then go about my day passing it on to others making them and their loved ones suffer or through my ignorance be the cause of another person's death ...

Karma and ignorance comes to mind...

Cause=complacency that comes from knowing that the vast majority survive Condition= Ignorance lacking the ability to understand that even though there's less risk of 'me' dying, I could still pass it on to others including the highly vulnerable

From what I gather we all live with some level of karmic ignorance, some more karmically ignorant than others...so it would seem....

Bunkslobster
  • Just out of interest...Have any members been vaccinated yet ?

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

@Shoshin1 said:
    Just out of interest...Have any members been vaccinated yet ?

I got my first round about 7.5 hours ago and scheduled for the second shot April 5th. Our residents didn't even get theirs until a week and a half ago.

Shoshin1Bunks
  • The vaccine is being rolled out here, first boarder and port workers ie, first contactors and those working in managed isolation facilities. plus essential workers like yourself @David and those at risk...I think they will start doing the general population in May or June...They have to find enough qualified staff to administer the vaccines ...

DavidBunks

@Shoshin1 said:
    They have to find enough qualified staff to administer the vaccines ...

Let's hope they learned a lesson from Australia!

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/feb/24/doctor-stood-down-after-two-brisbane-nursing-home-residents-given-excessive-dose-of-pfizer-vaccine

Shoshin1
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Shoshin1 said:
    Just out of interest...Have any members been vaccinated yet ?

My husband has, he's a type II diabetic. I am awaiting mine. Mother had hers, and is scheduled for the second, on April 1st. No fooling.

BunksShoshin1
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

My wife and I had our first shot last month, due for the second this Friday. Type 1 diabetic, old as dirt.

BunksShoshin1
  • Here is an essential worker getting his first COVID
    vaccination shot this week at Zonal Hospital in Dharamsala, India.

BunksShoshin1

https://www.axios.com/cdc-guidance-vaccinated-people-6765f100-683e-4a78-8e2c-1b573c5683b8.html

Apparently vaccinated people are advised they can gather together indoors without facemasks...

Shoshin1Bunks
  • Well here's Aotearoa's Covid vaccine rollout plan....However things don't always go to plan...especially plans :)

Bunks
  • Has anybody apart from me died lately?
    https://web.archive.org/web/20031103015430/http://pages.britishlibrary.net/lobster/rip/

Maybe it is time to write my will, though I prefer to write after death ...

Last Will and Testament of Crusty S. Lobster

In case of my death by foreseen circumstances, I leave an empty bin for recycling
    and I return my empty sardine tin collection to Lucy Fur who sold me a tin for sole ... o:)

Bunks

It seems there is a long and respected tradition of lobster impersonators...

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

So I just found out I've been working in a home where someone tested positive. I didn't interact with him much directly but others that I did could certainly have it. I set up an appointment to get tested tomorrow morning.

It's nice to feel like you're part of the crowd. 😏

BunksJeffreyShoshin1