Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Funny Stuff

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

personsilverZenshin

I cracked up when I saw this :lol:

ZenshinpersonNirvana
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran
    edited August 2017

Awesome @Shoshin, curiously enough there is also a grain of truth in it, my Scottish mate can't get the voice recognition on his Xbox Kinect to work. He says it's a sassenach Xbox!

Shoshin

@Traveller Every now and again I also have problems with my Cockney accent (not pronouncing the "H" and using "F" for "Th") when having to deal with Kiwi voice recognition ... :)

• FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

silverlobster
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited September 2017

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

ShoshinFosdickKannon
  • @IronRabbit said:

I am half full.
    I am half empty.
    I have twice as much glass as I need to.
    I think this is piss.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I'm reliably informed God has a space ship...

https://coffeeandpsychosis.com/1-youre-going-to-hell-for-that-watch/

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited September 2017

lobsterFosdick

@Namada - you've done it again. O.o

silverHozanNirvanaLee82
  • Don't expect too many laffs on this one ..

Buddha is mildly humorous

Some brahmins claim that they knew and declared the Direct Path (ujumagga) leading to the union with God (brahmasahavyataa). The Buddha inquired from his interlocutor, Vaaset.t. ha, a young brahmin, whether there was even a single brahmin versed in the Three Vedas who had seen God directly face to face (brahmaa sakkhaadit.t.,ho):

Vase ha: No.
    Buddha: Then, Vaaset,t,ha, was there even any one of their teachers who had seen God face to face?
    Buddha: Not even one of the teachers of their teachers?
    Buddha: Not even one up to the seventh generation of their teachers?
    Buddha: Well, then, those ancient seers, the authors of the sacred hymns, did even they say: "We know and see when, how and where God appears?"
    Vase ha: No, not even they.
    Buddha: Then, Vaaset.t.ha, what the brahmins claim amounts to this: "We declare the way to the union with that state which we do not know, which we do not see. This is the direct way to union with God!"
    Vaaset.t.ha, this is not possible, this is senseless talk. This is like a string of blind men, one leading the other: neither the foremost, nor the middle, nor the last sees.

Then the Buddha uses other humourous similes to make his point:

It is like a man who desires to win the beauty of the country, but does not know anything about her!

It is like a man building a staircase up to a mansion which is not there.

It is like a man wanting to cross a river which is full and calls to the farther bank: "Come here, O bank! Come over to my side!" and so on. (D 1:235 ff).
    http://www.buddha.sg/dharma/dharma/smile.htm

JeroenKannon
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Well, I nodded with a smile on my face, Mona-Lisa style, if you really want to know..... ;)

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I thought it was well articulated and funny. Indeed claiming knowledge leading to the union with God is foolishness if you cannot point him out.

But the Christians at least do not make such a claim, and place God at a distant remove and behind many barriers and interlocutors. Which to my mind also makes them fail a certain common sense test.

• NirvanaLee82Bunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

That's funny - but believe it or not, true.... one of the tasks for anyone wishing to be a co-worker at IKE (that's what they call staff members), is not only to be able to put stuff together, but to spot a missing component within a minute. So my older brother told me, when he applied for a position at an IKEA outlet, UK.
    (He had several interviews with other companies too, and IKEA offered him a position, but he turned it down due to accepting another post, which he still holds today....)

personJeffreyBunksyagr

personKannonyagr
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

silverJeroen

sweet ^ ^ ^ :grin:

silverJeroenHozan

^^ Wot, again....? Must be a new school term....

I think that cartoon ^ ^ ^should've won an award - it's one of my all time favorites.

Shoshinyagr

• KannonKannon NAMU AMIDA BUTSU Ach-To Veteran
    edited October 2017

• silverShoshinHozan

ShoshinHozan

ShoshinHozanwojciechVastmind

personVastmind

ShoshinJeroenpersonVastmind

• GuiGui Veteran

silver