Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Funny Stuff

1…1415171920…33

Comments

  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

    ShoshinVastmindBunks
  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran

    ShoshinlobsterVastmind
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

    Lest we forget...throughout the ages ...Laughter has been the best medicine...for both body & mind...

    JeroenpersonVastmind
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

    Argument - Monty Python

    It's arguably one of the funniest clips... ;)

  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

    This bit of black humour is doing the rounds...

    johnathan
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

    Hmmmmm....a LOL? Maybe not

  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

    @Bunks said:
    Hmmmmm....a LOL? Maybe not

    As I said; current 'black humour' doing the rounds in Groups on Fbook... People in our town are being really quite incredibly stupid, although today, with Mr Johnson's lockdown message last night, it seems as if the idiots (or 'Newarks', as we call them here... or tbh, an anagram of...) have finally decided to stay at home. Probably nursing all that excess shopping they've done, and realising that some use/sell-by dates are rapidly approaching and they have no more room in the freezer.

    Which, incidentally, is the current, most-purchased item on Amazon...

  • lobsterlobster lobster Londinium Veteran
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

    @lobster said:
    Bonus track ...

    Yeah, this is funny....!

  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran

    JeffreyShoshinBunksWalker
  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran

    JeffreyShoshinBunksperson
  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran

    WalkerJeffreyBunksShoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

    A Duck walks into a grocer's shop and approaches an assistant...

    "Got any bread...?"
    "No, sorry..."

    "Got any bread...?"
    "No. I said, no."

    "Got any bread...?"
    "No, we don't have - any - bread!"

    "Got any bread...?"
    For the last time - NO!!"

    "Got any bread...?"
    "Look if you ask me that just one more time, I swear, I'll nail your beak to the floor!"

    .
    .
    .
    .
    "Got any nails?"
    .."No...?"

    "Got any bread...?"

    JeffreyShoshin
  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran

    person
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

    Hope everyone in the UK remembered to put their clocks forward today...
    I mean, you really don't want to be late for fuck all, do you?

    JeroenBunksadamcrossleylobster
  • JeroenJeroen Not all those who wander are lost Netherlands Veteran

    BunksWalkerlobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

    I must admit I am happy to be alone during this self isolation period 🙏🏻🙂

  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

    @Bunks said:
    I must admit I am happy to be alone during this self isolation period 🙏🏻🙂

    I must admit I would be happy to be alone during this self isolation period.....!

    Bunkslobster
  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran
    edited March 2020
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
  • VimalajātiVimalajāti Whitby, Ontario Veteran

    From the 24th sutta in the Dīghanikāya, in my favourite translation, ideally presented out-of-context:

    This one time I was staying in the land of the Thūlus where they have a town named Uttarakā. Then I robed up in the morning and, taking my bowl and robe, entered Uttarakā for alms with Sunakkhatta the Licchavi as my second monk. Now at that time the naked ascetic Korakkhattiya had taken a vow to behave like a dog. When food is tossed on the ground, he gets down on all fours, eating and devouring it just with his mouth.

    Sunakkhatta saw him doing this and thought, ‘That ascetic is a true holy man!’

    Then, knowing what Sunakkhatta was thinking, I said to him, ‘Don’t you claim to be an ascetic, a follower of the Sakyan, you silly man?’

    ‘But why does the Buddha say this to me?’

    ‘When you saw that naked ascetic Korakkhattiya, didn’t you think, “That ascetic is a true holy man!”?’

    ‘Yes, sir. But sir, are you jealous of the perfected ones?’

    ‘I’m not jealous of the perfected ones, you silly man. Rather, you should give up this harmful misconception that has arisen in you. Don’t create lasting harm and suffering for yourself! That naked ascetic Korakkhattiya, who you imagine to be a true holy man, will die of flatulence in seven days."

    I think this is my favourite page on SuttaCentral for this wonderful gem.

    lobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran
    edited March 2020

    Married couples during quarantine 😬😂

    https://facebook.com/104176924551258/posts/119084299727187/

    Bunks
  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran
  • I'll give you one as soon as the mean old chihuahua lets the poor rottweiler go.

  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran

    FrogpondWalkerShoshinBunks
  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran
    edited April 2020

    I love Zach Anner... here he is making soup

    https://www.facebook.com/128660607158820/posts/3095420000482851/

    Bunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

    I think this guy also has potential... I find him so funny!
    https://www.facebook.com/Imbrandonfarris/videos/2288044178152594/

  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran
  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran

    This guy kept having weird dreams: one night he dreamed he was a piece of spaghetti, the next night a piece of ravioli, and the next night a piece of penne. In meditation he soon realised, it must have been his pasta lives!

    adamcrossleylobsterJeroen
  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran

    ShoshinKotishka
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

    BunksadamcrossleyWalker
  • JeroenJeroen Not all those who wander are lost Netherlands Veteran

    Except when you’re thinking of Elon Musks roadster

    Bunks
  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran
    edited April 2020

    Work out Wednesday with Zach Anner for anyone who needs a laugh and an inspirational pep talk all in one.

    https://www.facebook.com/128660607158820/posts/3106723802685804/

  • johnathanjohnathan Listening is the beginning of compassion Canada Veteran

    ShoshinBunks
Sign In or Register to comment.