Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Place your bets on the EU referendum result!

Comments

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

There's a moralistic episode of Star Trek in there somewhere.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

The cogs of DO are (as have always been) in motion ....

• IchLiebteIchLiebte US Veteran
    edited June 2016

@federica said:

@David said:
    I wish we would get to the point where we understand it's all really the same place after all. I think borders should be established to cater to preference of living and that's it.

One love, one heart, one dollar.

It's all the same dollar really or we wouldn't be able to convert money. It's just a scam to keep people down so a few can over indulge.

I therefore suggest that you remove all fencing, gates, barriers or impediments to all and sundry and allow whoever wants to do it, to come onto your property, set up their tents, build a more solid place of habitation, and use your garden entirely as they see fit, do what they want to it, when they want and assume right to roam on it.

Then tell me how long that lasts amicably....

No one has a right to pieces of the Earth; let all people use it lovingly with no borders.

As a Romani person, I sort of take offense to your wording...

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I think a lot of the problems we have wouldn't be problems if we didn't have borders and ALL that goes along with having them. I personally would love to live on a property that was communal. Borders only increase fighting for resources. Of course, for it to work, everyone would have to arrive at a higher level of consciousness than we're currently at. We often seem to be going backwards.

lobsterIchLiebteSteve_BDavid
  • techietechie India Veteran

@David said:
    There's a moralistic episode of Star Trek in there somewhere.

I wish someday the world would be like this:

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2016

Thanks @techie
    I am off to boldly join Starfleet Luckily they take other species ... ;)

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

It's a bit surreal, a sense of anticlimax. "Er, what now?" Nothing much has changed though there are warnings that prices might go up because of the pound losing value. I shall monitor ice-cream prices with close interest. :p

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@IchLiebte said:

Seriously?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2016

@IchLiebte said: No one has a right to pieces of the Earth; let all people use it lovingly with no borders.

That's utterly ridiculous. And I think you're intelligent enough to know it is.

Aw shucks, I was being ironic. Jeesh, people are so touchy, for goodness' sake!
    Nobody anywhere, is 'pure-blooded' wherever-they-are...

@David said:> What I find amusing though is that a country that went and colonized half the world now bitches about immigration.

Pah, ungrateful colonial! The Queen will hear of your disloyalty. :p

DavidKundoSwaroop
  • Steve_BSteve_B Veteran

Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You may say I'm a dreamer . . .

karasti
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2016

Tee Hee,
    The official opposition is also going through turmoil, half the shadow ministers resigning or threatening to ...

Soon we will have a 'National Emergency', peace time coalition of all parties and be home in time for tea (cucumber sandwiches and scones).

COD SAVE THE QUEENS (now with legal spouses) Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! B)

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited June 2016

@SpinyNorman said:

@David said:> What I find amusing though is that a country that went and colonized half the world now bitches about immigration.

Pah, ungrateful colonial! The Queen will hear of your disloyalty.

Good.

There is no queen, lord or king for me to be loyal.

Want to make policy? Throw your hat in the ring and get the votes.

Being famous just for being famous doesn't impress me and I am constantly amazed by the attention showered on these people.

I am happy she is into charities though.

It's a bleedin' mess, finanshul meltdarn, politicul meltdarn, Labour going darn the khazi, them scheming Scots, an' the price of tea-bags going up, gawd! :p

@Steve_B said:
    Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You may say I'm a dreamer . . .

But you're not even close to being the only one.

Bleedin' hippies. :p

lobster
    edited June 2016

Cops create hippies
    Hippies create cops.

Ram Dass - Be Here Now

Couldn't resist, sorry.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@David said:

@SpinyNorman said:

Good.

Being famous just for being famous doesn't impress me and I am constantly amazed by the attention showered on these people.

Even as a humorous comment, that's possibly the most crass and ignorant thing I've heard here so far....

edited June 2016
    edited June 2016

@federica said:

@David said:

@SpinyNorman said:

Good.

Even as a humorous comment, that's possibly the most crass and ignorant thing I've heard here so far....

It wasn't really meant as humor, I just sprinkle it on most things like hot sauce.

That it is ignorant is your own opinion just as it is mine that it is an out dated concept only kept alive for the money.

I would refuse to even entertain the idea of somebody being able to dictate policy just for the fluke of being born by the rich.

Isn't that why there is a P.M?

Here is where I am ignorant.

No idea why there would be an elected P.M. in a monarchy unless the monarchy is just a figure head to bring in cash.

@David said:

@SpinyNorman said:

Good.

Saucer of milk for table 3.........

Davidsilver

@David said:...That it is ignorant is your own opinion just as it is mine that it is an out dated concept only kept alive for the money.

I would refuse to even entertain the idea of somebody being able to dictate policy just for the fluke of being born by the rich.

No idea why there would be an elected P.M. in a monarchy unless the monarchy is just a figure head to bring in cash.

Which simply underlines my opinion, because you obviously haven't even bothered to read the links.
    Gotcha.

Kundo
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I liked @David's humor...call me crass as well.

{Here's auntie fed:

.....jess kiddin' o:)

karasti
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I'll take stay at %59

federicaDairyLama
    edited June 2016

@federica said:

@David said:...That it is ignorant is your own opinion just as it is mine that it is an out dated concept only kept alive for the money.

Which simply underlines my opinion, because you obviously haven't even bothered to read the links.
    Gotcha.

I did read the first one which basically said it was for the monetary gain and as a figure head (hence the question) but admit I have not had time to read the second one.

It's an idea for Americans to ponder.... Although His Royal Highness King Donald may really get ideas above his station, and the title may go to his head (as if his head doesn't have enough to cope with....)

This made me really laugh....

silvermmolobster
  • Now that the dye has been cast, I've been hearing of "Buyer's Remorse".
    The wacko crew is a constant. The problem is that he non-wackos keep thinking they can finally relax.
    Sotland once more got stuffed in the bag and they're none-to-happy about that, again.
    (Do I smell another referendum coming up there?)
    mR tRump won his primaries with 30% or so of the vote (wackoland at work).
    Did some folks in the UK stumble upon a bottle of Trump Vodka and actally drink the stuff? It would explain a lot.
    It looks as if our bogyman-in chief is going down, but we musn't relax.

Good luck UK, great place to visit.

I laughed my head off at that graphic yesterday on FB. the crazy thing is it portrays Bush Jr on the same level as much more classy and distinguished people. Even Dubya looks good when faced with Trump. Scary.

@David said:

Those sponging royal parasites get a nice little earner from the taxpayer and live in luxury. They should be made to live on a slummy council estate and have to survive on the dole.
    It's all an anachronism, royals, lords, knights and all that feudal nonsense, the rulers and the peasants, ridiculous in the 21st century.

So there. I feel better for a nice rant. :p

David

Looks aren't everything.... Perception is often deception. ;)

Kundo
    edited June 2016

In case any of our American cousins are feeling a bit smug right now... :p
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36564808

person
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2016

^^^ Hope you are prepared for the future @SpinyNorman
    Thanks for pic @federica

Boris and Trump
    a match made in unreality ...

Don't Panic little englanders ... O.o
    Thank God for Her Majesty our Beloved Head of Govt. Maybe she will put a stop to our fun ...

As we all know people in the UK dis-united kingdom take their politics very seriously ... :p

Don't worry world, we will be back with more award winning humour over the coming [alleged] end times ...

Stay tuned. Keep meditating, equanimity needed more than ever ... <3

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:
    In case any of our American cousins are feeling a bit smug right now... :p
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36564808

I've heard a couple other pundits compare the two, observing an overall rise of right wing, populist, nationalism.

Maybe the US will have a referendum on exiting the earth altogether, lets call it the Earexit... the USexit... the Amexit... whatever, we're outta here #SpaceshipAmerica

Could you blast Trump into space anyway?

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:

@David said:

Those sponging royal parasites get a nice little earner from the taxpayer and live in luxury. They should be made to live on a slummy council estate and have to survive on the dole.
    It's all an anachronism, royals, lords, knights and all that feudal nonsense, the rulers and the peasants, ridiculous in the 21st century.

That was a very nice rant - B)

@silver said:

@SpinyNorman said:

@David said:

That was a very nice rant - B)

Indeed. A right royal rant..... Just because you never got an invitation to the Garden Party..... >:)

silverlobsterKundo
    edited June 2016

Well.....I was in England in August of 1983, and the Queens horses almost ran me down! Outta the middle of the crowd I see horse feet (I mean hooves) coming at me! I guess that was a nice visit - one I shant forget. O.o

rohit
  • mmommo Veteran

@federica said:
    It's an idea for Americans to ponder.... Although His Royal Highness King Donald may really get ideas above his station, and the title may go to his head (as if his head doesn't have enough to cope with....)

This made me really laugh....

That pic of Boris Johnson reminds me of palla cat? :p

lobster

I had my daughter that year... she was 4 weeks old then....

silver

@person LOL i'm all for USexit!
    I was telling someone the other day maybe we just need another planet. It seems like so many places are experiencing the same fissure, which is interesting to consider. It doesn't seem a centralized government for any area that encompasses both sides is ideal. Neither side is willing to give up the values they consider central to their lives. Now what?

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@karasti said:
    @person LOL i'm all for USexit!

U Sex it ??? :wink:

Kundo

Or MEXIT, where Mexico builds fence to keep out Trump. :p

person

You know that expression "A week is a long time in politics"?
    It's going to be a long week in the UK!

edited June 2016

@dhammachick said:

@IchLiebte said:

Seriously?

Sorry, did I do something wrong? I just thought I would speak what was in my heart. :silenced:

@federica said:

@IchLiebte said: No one has a right to pieces of the Earth; let all people use it lovingly with no borders.

I was raised to believe that private property is wrong and that was based on Christian ideology from my mother. Now I'm a Buddhist and I believe it even more! :)

Funnily enough, your "no one is pure-blooded" (which I agree with) argument contradicts your "no borders = nonsense" argument. One is brotherly, the other is xenophobic.

Sorry if I was being touchy; the wording just hit me with all the things people have taunted me with.

lobsterkarasti

This will be like Boris trying to negotiate with the EU:

lobsterJeroenRuddyDuck9

@IchLiebte said:

@dhammachick said:

@IchLiebte said:

Seriously?

Sorry, did I do something wrong? I just thought I would speak what was in my heart. :silenced:

@federica said:

I was raised to believe that private property is wrong and that was based on Christian ideology from my mother. Now I'm a Buddhist and I believe it even more! :)

Funnily enough, your "no one is pure-blooded" (which I agree with) argument contradicts your "no borders = nonsense" argument. One is brotherly, the other is xenophobic.

Sorry if I was being touchy; the wording just hit me with all the things people have taunted me with.

No I was actually asking you did that seriously offend you

• lobsterlobster Veteran

What fun we are having as UK GB our little islanders, celebrity politicians provide the best reality TV ever concieved.

We are moving towards a radical new politics whilst the old suits travel their well rehearsed lines.

To our Fellow Europeans and world weary Buddhists, nothing the brits do should surprise anyone ...

Rule Brittania Country for sale, Good rates available. All serious offers considered :p

@lobster said:> What fun we are having as UK GB our little islanders, celebrity politicians provide the best reality TV ever concieved.

It's fascinating watching them twist and turn and backtrack. Hopefully there is some civil servant in a back office actually running the country while they all play at being performing seals. :p

• lobsterlobster Veteran

^^^ This is a tweet from Braveheart Nicola Sturgeon (I think she may be a fish) Leader of the Scottish Clans

Indeed, Boris. Project Farce has now begun - and you are largely responsible.

This morning the mood in London was sombre as people realise we live as always in times of farce and dukkha ...

It is fascinating as @SpinyNorman says BUT it is not a game, it is not a comedy, it is really samsara in action.

Fortunately it is also Nirvana for us farcists. Meanwhile the extremists, fascists, revolutionaries and bankers are being rounded up and Her Majesty our German Queen Liz II will be considering if treason is still a capital offence ...

edited June 2016

@dhammachick said:

@IchLiebte said:

@dhammachick said:

@IchLiebte said:

Seriously?

@federica said:

Sorry if I was being touchy; the wording just hit me with

No I was actually asking you did that seriously offend you

Yes, it did. I thought I was being too touchy, but my mother came into the room and I read that comment to her -- without saying it offended me first -- and she immediately went on the defensive and said it was a bigoted comment.
    Yes, it hurts. Ironic or not, I still had to have my college professor, in a class, corner me and have all the other students make gypsy jokes at me while one man told me I should not leave without being searched. It just brings stuff like that up in me when someone says something that would suggest stereotypical Roma behavior, even if they don't say the word.