Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Funny Stuff

1202122232426»

Comments

• KotishkaKotishka Veteran

• FleaMarketFleaMarket Newbie, not Veteran

@how reminded me of one of my default dream-states. lol

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I think we need a "confused" button :)

FleaMarket

@Bunks said:

I didn't do a good job explaining. I was reminded of how much of my suffering is self inflicted illusion I'm welcome to stop. Maybe even more relevant to me the second time around.

Steve_B
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 3

@Bunks said:

Mod Note:

No, this is a thread for funny jokes and cartoons. This isn't a thread for personal angst and things which aren't really jokes or funnies...

Keep to side-splitting hilarious contributions, thanks!

BunksFleaMarket
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I heard two one-liner insults. The first made me smile wryly....

"Well, I'd love to agree with you but, then we'd BOTH be wrong..."

...And the second one made me laugh out loud, and be desperate for ANY occasion to use it!
    "It looks like your face caught on fire and someone tried to put it out with a hammer."

FleaMarket

Bunks

I took a sound meditation class once. We were instructed to lay down on our yoga mats, relax and close our eyes. The instructor had a box of noise making instruments and items, drums, gongs, feathers, cymbals, wood blocks, fans, shells, a fishing pole thing, and proceeded to use them.

All the noises were very nice and peasant creating a gentle relaxing atmosphere except one. This one noise was downright terrifying. Sort of a repetitive squeaky shrieking. Afterward I approached her and asked about the terrifying noise maker she used and thanked her as it helped reveal some difficult mental formations which I could then address. She said she had no idea what I was talking about. When I described the noise to her she said something to the effect of "Oh, that's this broken one here. I broke it a few classes ago and haven't fixed it yet."

federicaShoshin1
  • LionduckLionduck Veteran

Want your ankles to be teething toys?
    Want your socks, shoes, papers chewed up and shredded?
    Want daily doody duty?
    Want a loyal companion?
    Get a puppy!

BunkslobsterKotishkaShoshin1

@Lionduck said:
    Want your ankles to be teething toys?
    Want your socks, shoes, papers chewed up and shredded?
    Want daily doody duty?
    Want a loyal companion?
    Get a * baby! *

.... No, you're right. Get a puppy!!

BunksLionduck
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

personlobsterKotishka
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

howShoshin1FleaMarket
  • LionduckLionduck Veteran

Rdiculously bad joke time:
    Overheard somewhere:
    Be good. If you can't be good, just what are you? A poitician?
    It has been said that politicians are the ones making the laws that then apply to
    everyone...except politicians.

lobsterShoshin1
  • Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

Toshlobsterpersonhow