Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

NewBuddhist Member Introductions

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Padawan wrote:
    :lol: Nice! I was thinking more of re-wording the Elvis Presley hit 'In The Ghetto'.

On a blue and warm Chicago Morn
    Another Bikkhu found their spiritual dawn
    in the Dharma...

(Choir) In the Dharma.....

And the guru smiled,

For there's just one thing that this world needs,
    Another enlightened mind is freed
    With the Dharma....

:grin:

Padawan,

You have some serious talent going on, my friend. I'm not kidding. That's really, really good! If we ever organized and got a bunch of your songs properly recorded it would be cause for some great hilarity and thought. My hat's off to you.

Brigid
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited July 2006
    hahaha
    well I teach stuff so i spend a lot of time developing student notes and other material to deliver training so yes i'm a bit of a Prairie dog as you say.

I'm stuck in an office cubicle right now-please contact the authorities I'm hungry and I need to go to the toilet.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Padawan,

You have some serious talent going on, my friend. I'm not kidding. That's really, really good! If we ever organized and got a bunch of your songs properly recorded it would be cause for some great hilarity and thought. My hat's off to you.

Brigid

perhaps you ned to ask BF to record/sing/collaborate with you on this project.:rockon:
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited July 2006
    I love the complete juxtaposition of ideas as to what I look like!

Fede-Look respectable- holy shit.
    Yoga-why would you think that i may be a hippie? -I'm confused.
    Not1not2-good one.

My B/W photo was up for about two months and no one commented then-don't you guys look at people's profiles?

cheers all!

regards
    Richard
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Welcome all newbies! Whew, I wondered how I was going to get through all 28 pages but it worked!

Seriously, I wish all newcomers a hearty welcome and "come and see" with us. We can be a silly bunch and dead serious compassionate on a second's notice. Just wait and see.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    hahaha
    well I teach stuff so i spend a lot of time developing student notes and other material to deliver training so yes i'm a bit of a Prairie dog as you say.

I'm stuck in an office cubicle right now-please contact the authorities I'm hungry and I need to go to the toilet.

Awwwww!! You're killing me, Xray! "I'm hungry and I need to go to the toilet." That's so sweet/sad/funny.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Jerbear wrote:
    Welcome all newbies! Whew, I wondered how I was going to get through all 28 pages but it worked!

Seriously, I wish all newcomers a hearty welcome and "come and see" with us. We can be a silly bunch and dead serious compassionate on a second's notice. Just wait and see.
    I can testify to that truth!
  • edited July 2006
    Hello, all.

I have been a member here for a while, but I just now decided to say hello. Was a regular at another forum which has gotten a bit too contentious and solemn for my taste lately. Thought I'd pop over here and see about settling in for a bit. Hope you all don't mind!
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    SWW,
    Well pull up a cushion and sit a while. We're a friendly group. Some of us are sweet and some of us are nutty and some of us are wise and some of us are a mixture. So you'll fit right in. Post when you're ready!
  • edited July 2006
    Welcome SWW!

Many of us have ended up back here after exploring other places. This is by far the frienliest, funniest, and yet most respectful forum I have found!

I hope you feel comfortable and stay on awhile:)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Hi, SWW!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

It's very nice to see you. Make yourself at home and I hope you have as much fun as I do here. I love this place.

Brigid
  • edited July 2006
    Welcome SWW
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2006
    SomeWeirdWoman....we're so alike! I'm sure we're all going to get along jus' fine! welcome to our little community!
  • edited August 2006
    Hi....I'm new here! This forum looks fun.....I can't wait to get a better understanding
    of Buddhism....or not :wavey:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2006
    Join the club!! Welcome, Zazen! Tea? :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Hi, Zazen! Welcome, welcome welcome!

So glad to see you! Hope you have a great time here.

Brigid
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Welcome to both SWW and Zazen. Good to have you here.

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    Hello and welcome. :)
  • edited August 2006
    Re-introduction perhaps?

I'd prefer to be called Hanna. It feels odd to be called by an online nick...
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2006
    aquula wrote:
    Re-introduction perhaps?

I'd prefer to be called Hanna. It feels odd to be called by an online nick...

Alas, Hanna, I am probably guilty of that! Please blame it on ageing memory. I have often wondered whether I should keep a sort of card index of screen-names vs real names!
  • edited August 2006
    I don't think anyone can be "guilty" of anything, since I'm not sure if I ever mentioned my name before, and since I'm almost certain that I haven't expressed a preference for being called by my real name rather than the username before.
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited August 2006
    aquula wrote:
    I don't think anyone can be "guilty" of anything, since I'm not sure if I ever mentioned my name before, and since I'm almost certain that I haven't expressed a preference for being called by my real name rather than the username before.

Perhaps you could put your real name in your sig-line so that you can yell at people when they call you by your username. ;)

Just a thought.

_/\_
    metta
  • edited August 2006
    :usflag: anyone from California? Just curious.....:)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Zazen wrote:
    :usflag: anyone from California? Just curious.....:)

I agree: all the people I have met from California have been most curious! LOL
  • edited August 2006
    LOL curious? In what way?
  • edited August 2006
    I am in California. Thanks for the welcome, everyone, and a welcome to Zazen, also!
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited August 2006
    I am in Santa Cruz, CA for the time being.
  • edited August 2006
    Hello SomeWeirdWoman. Your from California too. That's great.......I'm
    about 30 minutes away from Sacramento......
    Elohim...Santa cruz
    is such a neet place. It's been a while since I've visited that city.
  • edited August 2006
    Zazen, I am in the Sacramento area as well :)
  • pineblossompineblossom Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Hello fellow travellers - I've been around Buddhist forums for a while. I've read some of the posts and you guys are way ahead of me so I hope you won't mind another member. Is there some room down the back of the bus.
    edited August 2006
    No need to go to the back of the bus and we're glad you stopped by.

If you think WE'RE way ahead of you in Buddhism - you obviously have been reading the wrong posts :)

Welcome

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Hi, Pine!! Welcome and make yourself at home. There's lots of room and we're very happy to see you.
    edited August 2006
    Vacancies to be filled:

Driver
    Conductor
    Ticket Inspector
    Passenger
    Luggage rack
    Seats
    Handrails
    Little-bell-that-goes-ding-ding-when-you-want-to-get-off (Rarely used).

All applicants welcome.
    Nobody ever gets turned down.....

:)

Welcome aboard!
  • pineblossompineblossom Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Thank you all for your warm welcome - I'm nobody and the bus in going nowhere - right?
  • edited August 2006
    federica wrote:
    Vacancies to be filled:

Driver
    Conductor
    Ticket Inspector
    Passenger
    Luggage rack
    Seats
    Handrails

All applicants welcome.

Welcome aboard!

I'll take that Passenger and ....... hello all around the world! :)
    edited August 2006
    Thank you all for your warm welcome - I'm nobody and the bus in going nowhere - right?

....But just take a look at where it's been....! All places of interest available at the touch of a button..... ain't technology grand - ?!
    edited August 2006
    Hi all!

-bf
    edited August 2006
    .......Is there some room down the back of the bus.

By the way....
    I guess I would be classified as a "Speed-hump".....or 'Sleeping Policeman' as we refer to them here in li'l ol' UK......:grin: :ukflag:
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited August 2006
    federica wrote:
    Vacancies to be filled:

Driver
    Conductor
    Ticket Inspector
    Passenger
    Luggage rack
    Seats
    Handrails

All applicants welcome.

Welcome aboard!

Hi,
    We have a bell that goes off when we want to get off too! it's called a child...:angry:
  • edited September 2006
    I have taken a new Refuge, and have a new Refuge name, which I will change over to here. The new name is in my signature below, and a preliminary discussion of the Refuge ceremony, with translations from my Refuge Certificate, has been posted to the board at the group linked to in the signature.

In the future, I will re-register under this name, but will keep my current avatar and signature.
  • edited September 2006
    hello everyone,

some already might know me from previous posts. I had a rather clumsy start on this site since my first posts were rather impulsive on a rather emotional issue ;)

That being said, i want to say hi to everyone. I am 31, come from Germany and am interested in Buddhism since a couple of years. I am primarily here to learn. I am currently doing self-study of Buddhism, while vipassana being the meditation technique of my choice. I currently belong to no sangha but if I will join one, I will let you know in what corner I decided to sit down. :)

Regards
  • edited September 2006
    Fofoo,

It's nice to meet you. Welcome!

Adiana:wavey: :usflag:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Hi, Fofoo! Welcome! So glad you could join us and thank you for introducing yourself. It's nice to meet you.
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited September 2006
    fofoo wrote:
    hello everyone,

some already might know me from previous posts. I had a rather clumsy start on this site since my first posts were rather impulsive on a rather emotional issue ;)

That being said, i want to say hi to everyone. I am 31, come from Germany and am interested in Buddhism since a couple of years. I am primarily here to learn. I am currently doing self-study of Buddhism, while vipassana being the meditation technique of my choice. I currently belong to no sangha but if I will join one, I will let you know in what corner I decided to sit down. :)

Regards

Hey there & welcome.

Looking forward to many more quality discussions with you.

take care.

_/\_
    metta
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited September 2006
    Vilkommen, Foofoo! Doesn't matter where you land, so long as you sit!
  • edited September 2006
    Thank you all for the nice and warm welcome :)
  • edited October 2006
    Hellllooo every1
    Screen Name: Jokerz4fun
    Name: Scott
    Sign: Pisces
    Loc: Saint Clair Shores (Cold) Michigan
    Height: 5'8ish or if im tring to impress you Im 5'9 lol
    Hair: black
    Eyes: Blue
    this kinda sounds like a online dating service lol.

Well my story is kinda short but Im sure most of you can relate. I was raised catholic by a mother who when she was younger went to school to become a nun. All my life I never really understood nor could I grasp the teachings of catholicism and for many years I felt lost. A few years back my cousin lived in Japan for a short time and he turned me on to Buddhism. Ive kinda been self tought through books and friends. But ever since I started things just fall into place. I know I have a long way to go but I am glad I have found a place that I can share my questions and open up my mind.
    edited October 2006
    Thank you, and great to have you with us.

To set you up with the right parter, just send $650.00....

Oh no..... Wait.....

that's my other business......:D

But I'm impressed!
  • edited October 2006
    LOL sooooooo I should tear up the check

Its great to be here, I have to say thanks to Brian for point me in this direction.
  • edited October 2006
    jokerz4fun wrote:
    Hellllooo every1
    Screen Name: Jokerz4fun
    Name: Scott
    Sign: Pisces
    Loc: Saint Clair Shores (Cold) Michigan
    Height: 5'8ish or if im tring to impress you Im 5'9 lol
    Hair: black
    Eyes: Blue
    this kinda sounds like a online dating service lol.

Well my story is kinda short but Im sure most of you can relate. I was raised catholic by a mother who when she was younger went to school to become a nun. All my life I never really understood nor could I grasp the teachings of catholicism and for many years I felt lost. A few years back my cousin lived in Japan for a short time and he turned me on to Buddhism. Ive kinda been self tought through books and friends. But ever since I started things just fall into place. I know I have a long way to go but I am glad I have found a place that I can share my questions and open up my mind.

Scott,

Hello and welcome!

Adiana:wavey: :usflag: