Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Covid Cabin

Comments

• Good luck @person
    OM YA HA HO HUM

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Take care @person

Just booked my Covid vaccine shot for next week =)

Jeffreylobster
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

My second shot was postponed. Apparently waiting 16 weeks is ok instead of 5.

BunksShoshin1
    edited March 2021

@David said:

Yeah, think I need to wait 12 weeks for the second shot. Originally was 4.

Shoshin1
  • Remember ...

howKotishkaBunksfederica
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited March 2021

Remember ...

Kotishka
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

KotishkalobsterShoshin1
  • Thanks @Kerome for putting a sound to the message ...

Today a friendly (tame unless it flew in from the Canary Isles) came in from the garden to check out the time and our kitchen ... Hope it is safe, we are still in Lockdown ...

BunksShoshin1howFosdick
  • It would seem that the vaccine is for many, the welcoming light at the end of the long dark Covid tunnel

Bunkslobster
  • Kiwi scientists have developed a breath Covid test...which is being peer reviewed....Other country's scientists have also been developing breath test but none so far have been peer reviewed...

BunksJeffrey
  • Walker
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

@Bunks said:

@David said:

Yeah, think I need to wait 12 weeks for the second shot. Originally was 4.

Here, we want to make sure everyone gets the first shot at least and supply wasn't exactly as planned. Hey, we are all in this together.

Bunks
  • Well as of the 19th of April Aotearoa's covid free bubble will opens up/grow to include Australia.. which means quarantine free travel....The Trans Tasman bubble will be beneficial for tourist operators on both sides of the ditch...Aussies love the ski field here....

Bunks
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Booked my shot today for April 22. It'll be either Moderna or Pfizer.

I have to say, it was much less of a hassle than I thought it would be. I only waited on hold about 20 minutes, and the person answering was very polite and helpful. I needed to book for about halfway between my Simponi injections, and she booked me for an appointment for the exact day I needed.

I love Alberta, but man, the Redneck Covidiots and Bible Bangers (James Coates et al) are starting to get on my nerves. lol

BunksJeffreyShoshin1

My manager at work (from Chennai in India) told me he has four close friends who have all lost a parent to Covid over there in the last month :(

Stay safe everyone....

Shoshin1Walkerlobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It’s interesting to read that there is a close correlation in the United States between Trump-supporting towns and places where people refuse vaccination. Sad.

@Kerome said:
    It’s interesting to read that there is a close correlation in the United States between Trump-supporting towns and places where people refuse vaccination. Sad.

There’s also a correlation between zero community cases and places where people refuse vaccine. Australia is lagging behind the rest of the Western world...

• Shoshin1Shoshin1 Veteran

When Aotearoa went into lockdown, all flights were cancelled, which meant I couldn't fly to the US in May 2020 for my oldest boy's wedding, and the online travel agency who I organised my flights with told me my tickets were non refundable and the ticket money would be credited so I could book another trip at a later date but the credit was only valid until May 2022 and I could only use the same airline I originally was booked with...They were quite adamant about not refunding my ticket money...

Well the other day I decided to look into where I could fly to, using the same airline (Hawaiian Airlines). so I contacted the travel agency and after a lot of toing and froing, they ended up telling me they would be refunding my ticket money which is great news, however it could take twelve weeks or longer before I receive the refund...

Patience paid off 😎

Bunks
  • KotishkaKotishka Veteran

I worked for travel agency / airline / booking platform blabla... and yes...12 weeks..and maybe even more. You should send them a "friendly reminder" every 30 days just to make sure they don't forget.

Shoshin1Bunkslobster

Thanks @コチシカ I'll keep this in mind...

Bunks

I am booked in for my first jab of AstraZeneca on June 5

Shoshin1JeffreyWalker

That's great news @Bunks ...I had my flu shot last week, Sometime next month the covid vaccine...

Bunks

Stay safe @Bunks...

Bunks

According to the government’s schedule I’m getting a first covid shot sometime in July, we are running way behind compared to some countries, they are still vaccinating the 60-year-olds over here.

BunksShoshin1Walker
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Still in self lockdown.
    Shielding the vulnerable, did have visit from my sister who has had two vaccine shots and did a test the morning of her visit.

What I have learned:

• Getting a vaccine is easy if registered with a GP (general practitioner) Dr in UK.
    • Food delivery is convenient but time consuming unless a minimalist repeat orderer sangha style.
    • Food is medicine. Soup is good.

Recently had delivered:

• a garden recliner chair.
    • Indoor heptic filter to clear house particles, plus two palms plants

Are you safe? Feel safe?
    Practicing more? I am …

BunksShoshin1
  • Well last week I received a text message and email to say I can book my Covid vaccination online they provided a link, however when I tried to book it I found Waiheke was not listed as a vaccination centre (even though we have one)...

So I rang the local centre on Monday, left a message, and to my surprise, I just had a call from the centre to say I can now book my vaccination ...So I'm booked in for this Friday afternoon ...👍🙃

FosdickBunksJeffrey

@Shoshin1 said:
    Well last week I received a text message and email to say I can book my Covid vaccination online they provided a link, however when I tried to book it I found Waiheke was not listed as a vaccination centre (even though we have one)...

So I rang the local centre on Monday, left a message, and to my surprise, I just had a call from the centre to say I can now book my vaccination ...So I'm booked in for this Friday afternoon ...👍🙃

Which vaccine are you receiving @Shoshin1 ?

I have had a first shot (Pfizer) and am getting a second shot on 13th July. Things are moving here, but quite a few people don’t seem to want to get vaccinated. It’s not only anti-vaxxers, but also people who just “have a bad feeling about it”, ive even had one person say it was against his Buddhist principles.

I just don’t understand that attitude. You’d think that if there was a vaccine available people should take it as early as possible, to help not just yourself but everybody.

BunksShoshin1
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I had both my jabs this year. I can now leap tall buildings with a single bound.

Bunks
  • @Bunks said:

@Shoshin1 said:
    Well last week I received a text message and email to say I can book my Covid vaccination online they provided a link, however when I tried to book it I found Waiheke was not listed as a vaccination centre (even though we have one)...

Which vaccine are you receiving @Shoshin1 ?

The Pfizer vaccine

Bunks
  • Well it looks like Aotearoa's long run of being covid free is coming to an end....

Wellington may have to go into lockdown, a traveller from Sydney visited there last weekend, they returned a positive covid test on their return to Sydney...My daughter who lives in Wellington messaged me this morning to let me know....

Ah sorry to hear that @Shoshin1 - unfortunately it appears this will continue until vaccine rates get high enough in our respective parts of the world.

Shoshin1
  • Well I had my first shot this afternoon after work....so far so good no aches or pains...

Bunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

My friends and I have discovered that if the first jab has little or no effect, the second one does. Or if the first one has any side effects, the second one doesn't... I was affected by my first, but my second, was fine. My brother was fine with his first, but had an effect, when he had his second jab. I would add the side-effects are short-lived, and mild. But fairly obvious when and if they arise...

Shoshin1Bunks
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

I noticed nothing first jab and a headache the day after the second jab and that's all.

Shoshin1Bunks

@federica said:
    My friends and I have discovered that if the first jab has little or no effect, the second one does. Or if the first one has any side effects, the second one doesn't... I was affected by my first, but my second, was fine. My brother was fine with his first, but had an effect, when he had his second jab. I would add the side-effects are short-lived, and mild. But fairly obvious when and if they arise...

Good to know! Hopefully that means the second jab I’ll be fine afterwards

Hope so!

Bunks
  • @Bunks said:

When do you have your next shot @Bunks ?

Bunks

@Shoshin1 said:

@Bunks said:

When do you have your next shot @Bunks ?

August 28. And you?

• @Bunks said:

August 28. And you?

27th July...

Well it looks like Sydney is in for a tough time....

Bunks

Having my second jab July 13th. Not long to wait now.

Shoshin1Bunks

What are you sceptical about...?

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I've had my own worries since the long term effects aren't really known yet. But it seems safe at the moment and perhaps more importantly society needs to move past this pandemic and the broad majority of people need to be vaccinated in order to do that. I feel like there is some level of moral obligation to contribute and get vaccinated for the benefit of society as a whole. Those who don't are in some sense free riding, or free loading to be more pejorative, off the backs of the rest of us.

@コチシカ said:
    Hello. Even though I'm still very skeptical regarding the vaccines I've just got my single-shot Janssen today. Headache and tiredness. Nothing too bad.

I had my second shot of the Pfizer a couple of days ago, soreness, muscle pain and a bit of fatigue, nothing a couple of paracetamols wouldn’t cure.

BunksShoshin1

@federica / @lobster (and others) - how are you feeling about (virtually) all restrictions being lifted next week in the UK?

We certainly watch with interest in this part of the world. We are still a fair way behind you as far as vaccinations go but it's ramping up now.

• After a weird night -sweating, headache, muscle pain- I've risen in a better shape! Hurray for the weekend!

Shoshin1Bunks